PDA

View Full Version : LW anomalies are troubling in 9.6

Dreamer
02-27-2009, 09:25 AM
I've been trying to learn IK boost via online tutorials. It is really difficult to follow one when Lightwave acts so differently from PC to Mac.
For example, When I go to split a bone on the Mac, no dialog comes up like a PC where you can chose how many bones you want. It took a while for me to realize clicking on the bone doubles it. You can't have odd numbers.
This is one example, but there are many others. I know Chilton has been trying to get the Mac side even, but these things still persist.

SplineGod
02-27-2009, 09:38 AM
I dont know why the functionality of the old bone split was changed. I hate the way the new one works.

Dreamer
02-27-2009, 09:48 AM
Oh, so it is an "upgraded" feature. Glad to know I wasn't losing my mind.
I have been enjoying your tutorials, but I find it frustrating to follow when things are so different. I still can't bring up those handles to stop the boost as it shows in your video. I'm still on the first shark.

SplineGod
02-27-2009, 10:09 AM
Sorry to hear that. Does the edit controller function work on the Mac?

Dreamer
02-27-2009, 10:19 AM
Apparently not yet for me. I select the object, then on the Mac you have to hold down control+shift and left mouse click to get the menu that has IK boost on it it. When I check that nothing happens. The bones have no other controls on them that I can see.
The two png's show what happens after selecting IK Boost.
Please excuse my "shark" as I was concentrating on the bones and not the modeling.

Dreamer
02-27-2009, 10:21 AM
I have to go into properties and add the IK Booster there.

Castius
02-27-2009, 10:24 AM
IKBooster must be applyed to an object not the bones under an object. And the right click "apply' only works around the pivot of the object.