PDA

View Full Version : Animation problem

MAUROCOR
02-27-2009, 07:03 AM
I need to copy a piace of an animation of a scene 1 to another animation that is in scene 2. How do I do that?
I thought to copy the motions of the each bone of the character but certainly it will not work well once I have to keep the other part of the animation intact.
There is a way to do that? Directaly in lw or even for some kinda of plugin?
I would appreciate some help in this issue.
Thanks in advance!

SplineGod
02-27-2009, 08:41 AM
If the bone setups are the same this is a very simple thing to do with IKBoost.

MAUROCOR
02-27-2009, 09:39 AM
Ok, the bone setups are the same but I am not using IKBoost.

There is a way???

SplineGod
02-27-2009, 09:41 AM
Other then IKBoost LW doesnt natively have a way of copying clips or poses between rigs. Timothy Albee has some scripts hes written that might be able to help. This is one reason I use IKB because doing what you want to do is very easy. :)

MAUROCOR
02-27-2009, 10:41 AM
Thanks, Larry. I will have to find another solution then.
I know you are a IKBooster master but personaly I donīt like it too much.
Let's see what CORE will bring to us in this area.
Thank you for your feedback!

:)

SplineGod
02-27-2009, 10:59 PM
I think it will be awhile before core has the functionality needed to do this. In the meantime IKB is free and quite powerful. I think its worth learning IMO. :)

Castius
02-28-2009, 01:07 AM
I don't think you need to rig your characater to make use of IK Booster save load. Just apply IKB save the animation then add IK Booster to your new scene load animation then remove IKBooster.

But you probable don't need to do that.
Just use this: http://www.flay.com/GetDetail.cfm?ID=2118
On a side note this is the same format that LWs Motion Mixer uses.

And a third option is to use FBX export. LW has an option to just merge animation. But I'm not sure how well this feature works.

Good luck

SplineGod
02-28-2009, 04:17 AM
I tried that HMOT saver before and never was able to get it to work in any useful way. Ive also had mixed success using FBX.

silviotoledo
11-11-2009, 12:51 PM
saw this topic only now.

That's why lightwave needs LAYER ANIMATION wich is in Maya XSI and Max.

There's some options. Including manually edit the scene file on notepad :). And this is really cool form lightwave! The possibility to pen scene files on notepad.
Althought this sounds Crazy it's a good solution depending on the amount of organization your scene files has.

There's also a D-Storm plugin to load multiple MOT files that may help.

I'm not sure if you want to mix two half-bodies animated or if you want to clean half of the body animation to animate again the other part.

What I use to do is:

1 st CASE:

you will really need to manually update the MOT files for each bone, but d-storm plugin helps.

2nd CASE:

Select ROOT bone on scene editor
expand child itens recursive
select all the bones I want to delete motion
right click, edit channels ( this take a long time to send all channels of each bones to the graph editor )
right mouse button to sellect all the keys and press delete.

This will clean motions from the bones I selected.

Now I would save the scene as...

then I can LOAD ITENS FROM SCENE to call the new scene files I have now inside another scene.

But in this case you will have to animate the other bones wich have no movements or call mot files for each bones.

Another possibilities:

a)
Clean the motion from the bones you don't want animated
Select all the bones in graph editor and use D Storm Pluin to save and load multiple MOT files.

b)
MOTION MIXER . The problem is that it destructs the bones.

c)

Use link motion plugin to transfer motins. the problem it that this plugin transfers motions from Objects to bones only, so you will need to export your animation as FBX, use another application to save as dae or a plugin that will change a bone by a null. This way you kcan link the null movement to a bone movement.

Silvio Toledo

silviotoledo
11-12-2009, 02:52 PM
Some new tests in two ways to transfer motion from one character to other.

1st one uses Follower ( bone by bone )

2nd one uses SAME AS ITEM ( also bone by bone )
The good news is that I can add a set driven key plugin on the blending envelope, and use one slide to blend the motion of the animated one. So I would have almost layer animation.

Still bone by bone process, but I'm searching a way to do a script based on the scene file organization in notepad.

Is there any better script guy here that can write a retarget window to automate multi-follower process?

We just need that follower rotations go applied automatically from one bone to the other with the same name. Not difficult to do.

SEE SAMPLE SCENE FILE ATTACHED

SplineGod
11-12-2009, 05:28 PM
I would use relativity rather then follower because it has a function to then bake the relativity based motions directly and the you can remove relatiivty.

silviotoledo
11-12-2009, 06:16 PM
Yeah I tried relativity, but it seems it does not work with bones from bones to bones :( I did a test and added it on another post hear this called something like " Dr. Relativity Motion Blender...."

SplineGod
11-12-2009, 06:50 PM
Ive built rigs with relativity that way with no issues. Not sure why it wouldnt do so now :)

silviotoledo
11-13-2009, 06:29 AM
You're right! relativity is working with bones.

The problem is the lazy update and the individual setup for each bone.

New scene attached!

SplineGod
11-13-2009, 03:23 PM
Did you remember to turn on the Make Relativity Interactive option?