PDA

View Full Version : lightwave 9.6 crashes with realflow mesh sequences.

Stooch
02-27-2009, 04:08 AM
create LWO sequence, load into LW. add RF sequence. add RF deformation.

Scrub...

crash.

looks like we arent using LW in this production.

oh well.

Netvudu
03-01-2009, 08:22 AM
I must say many problems with RF tend to come from the plugin, and not from LW itself. Are you using the latest version for everything. I used it not long ago and there was a recent update for this. Used it without many problems.
Also, what you explained above doesn´t make that much sense...if you add RF mesh plug, what you need RF deformation for? You would need RF deformation for some other object, but not for the fluid mesh, right?

Then again, I do hope CORE will behave better with geometry sequences, as I use them frequently and LW current implementation is far from comfortable to use...

cinemacell
11-09-2009, 09:17 PM
We have the same problem.

@Stooch
You need the 'RF Deform' to create a reference mesh which you can surface. Without it your surface will be just the default white with 100% diffusion.

Has someone gotten around to fixing this yet?

Anyone?

Stooch
11-21-2009, 09:34 PM
i render all my realflow stuff with maya now, gettig it to work with lightwave, plugins, etc, has too many problems. also scrubbing in general in maya is 10x faster so its just a gigangtic fail to do this with LW. hopefully core has a superior rf integration.

aidenvfx
11-21-2009, 09:37 PM
Anyone tried the new LW plugins that just came out?