PDA

View Full Version : 3D Aresenal

Robert C. Lang
02-25-2009, 06:58 PM
I am a 3D Arsenal User. I have recently rendered out a scene:

Truss_zoom1_SkyTracer. This scene is suppose to have a lit sky in the background. In fact, when doing a test render (Render Frame-F9) the lit sky is very visible. BUT when I rendered the entire scene the lit sky background is not there.

3 times when I was loading the scene the question appears:

"Clear SKT_Sun from the Scene"

Since I *want* the scene the clicked NO. As said above a Render Frame-F9 clearly shows the lit sky but the full render does not.

Thinking that I may have misunderstood the question:

"Clear SKT_Sun from the Scene" I reloaded the scene (from the beginning) and this time on all three occasions that the question appeared I clicked YES.

But I got the same results, no sky in the background. What must I do to render with the lit sky background?

Thank you.

Robert C. Lang

PointC
02-25-2009, 07:07 PM
Are you rendering to a frame sequence or an animation file? If I'm understanding your problem correctly, it may be the alpha channel that you are seeing instead of the sky.

Robert C. Lang
02-25-2009, 08:47 PM
Thanks. I am rendering to a .tga file sequence. I am wondering why does the F9 reder frame shows the lit sky and the full rendered sequence does not? In the many other #D Arsenal scenes I have used the past couple of years (I have never used the Truss_Skytracer before) F9 was always representative of what I would see when the entire scene was rendered?

Thank you.

Robert C. Lang

PointC
02-25-2009, 08:57 PM
When you do a test render, you can save that image in dozens of formats, tga 24bit, tga 32bit, psd etc... The test render isn't really a 'final image' (for lack of a better phrase) until you save it. You have all kinds of options to save it.

When you render a frame sequence (F10), you are choosing a specific file format which in this case sounds like you are choosing TGA 32 bit and that will include an alpha channel. If you don't need that alpha channel, you can just choose 24 bit tga and it won't embed that.

Just an FYI - when you do an F9 render, up in the right corner of the image viewer there is a pull down menu where you can choose between viewing the rendered image and it's alpha channel.

I hope this helps. :)

Cheers.

Robert C. Lang
02-25-2009, 09:29 PM
That was it! I saved to 24 bit instead of 32. Normally I always want the alpha channel, but I do not need it this time. Thank you.

One last question? Why when loading the scene the question is posed: "Clear SKT_Sun from the Scene"? What does it matter?