PDA

View Full Version : why sony, sony fanboys and kill zone 2 makes me angry...

jin choung
02-25-2009, 03:57 PM
have you guys seen the e3 footage from a few years back?

and then they're doing a lot of comparison screens now with the actual game and they're FINALLY admitting (which almost everyone except the most extreme fanboy knew) was pre-rendered and all the fanboys are jumping out of the woodwork and saying, "oh, it looks just the same!"

WTF?!

what planet are they on? i look at the killzone2 real time render vids from the actual game and it instantly looks like any other fps.

you look at killzone2 the prerender cut scene and it INSTANTLY DOES NOT look like an fps shooter that you've ever played. not by a long shot.

ugh...

anyhoo, an example of deceptive corporate hype that makes me keep my pitchforks sharp and my torches well oiled.

jin

Stooch
02-25-2009, 04:10 PM
it wasnt ever deceptive to me. just never realized people gave so much **** about it... lol its kind of funny now that i think about it.

Oedo 808
02-25-2009, 04:44 PM
it wasnt ever deceptive to me. just never realized people gave so much **** about it... lol its kind of funny now that i think about it.

I don't think Jin was deceived by it either, but not being fooled by a deception does not make it any less of a deception. This kind of BS really gets on my tits also, it's not like I really care about Killzone or Sony fannyboys, but the intent and ease with which these companies get away with it, like it's perfectly acceptable does annoy me at times.

Didn't EA (not sure about who exactly) recently advertise for someone to touch-up the screenshots. Lol, of course that's not false advertising.

Stooch
02-25-2009, 04:46 PM
I don't think Jin was deceived by it either, but not being fooled by a deception does not make it any less of a deception. This kind of BS really gets on my tits also, it's not like I really care about Killzone or Sony fannyboys, but the intent and ease with which these companies get away with it, like it's perfectly acceptable does annoy me at times.

Didn't EA (not sure about who exactly) recently advertise for someone to touch-up the screenshots. Lol, of course that's not false advertising.

well... mcdonalds menu looks nothing like the actual food... going to cry all over your tits about that too?

although i never implied taht jin was fooled.

also... all of this is not too different than the fanboys for both lightwave and modo. maybe its the agePP gradient at work.

Oedo 808
02-25-2009, 05:09 PM
well... mcdonalds menu looks nothing like the actual food... going to cry all over your tits about that too?

Actually, yes. Why not?

although i never implied taht jin was fooled.

Yeah, I jumped to that conclusion. What I meant get across was that even though it's pretty obvious, it still frustrates.

also... all of this is not too different than the fanboys for both lightwave and modo. maybe its the agePP gradient at work.

Mmmhmm, I just can't understand the desire for people to exercise things like fanboyism and brand loyalty.

jin choung
02-25-2009, 05:14 PM
Mmmhmm, I just can't understand the desire for people to exercise things like fanboyism and brand loyalty.

yeah... they're actively complicit in their own deception.

it says something about the human condition i think... not good whatever it is.

jin

jin choung
02-25-2009, 05:17 PM
well... mcdonalds menu looks nothing like the actual food...

yeah but food is not as much about looks as it is about taste. with games or graphics, THAT quality is the thing being sold.

for things where looks are important, this is deception. i mean how outraged would we be if playboy models were photosho- oh wait.

jin

Cageman
02-25-2009, 05:21 PM
Well...

Brand loyalty in a case like LW or CORE does have something to do with the price you pay for it. And then we have features vs features and it's easy to really like an app for certain tasks, and another or third for other tasks. Workflow habbits are nothing you easily throw away either.

My point being; it is easy to like certain things and sometimes you have ignorant people around you who tries to enlighten you with their "wisdom", where their "wisdom" does not include the tool you are using at the moment.

(this has very little to do with Jins original post... it's more of a reasoning of where the line is drawn wether the person in question is smart or a fanboy).

Stooch
02-25-2009, 05:32 PM
yeah but food is not as much about looks as it is about taste. with games or graphics, THAT quality is the thing being sold.

for things where looks are important, this is deception. i mean how outraged would we be if playboy models were photosho- oh wait.

jin

i dunno man. when i walk into mcds my eyes are immediatelly captured by that perfectly baked and flawless bun. the the melty cheese that has just the perfect "warmth" and the absolutely orgasmic looking fries.

I essentially tasted the damn thing before i even unwrapped it and installed it into my mouth.

frantbk
02-26-2009, 07:42 AM
Well...

Brand loyalty in a case like LW or CORE does have something to do with the price you pay for it. And then we have features vs features and it's easy to really like an app for certain tasks, and another or third for other tasks. Workflow habbits are nothing you easily throw away either.

My point being; it is easy to like certain things and sometimes you have ignorant people around you who tries to enlighten you with their "wisdom", where their "wisdom" does not include the tool you are using at the moment.

(this has very little to do with Jins original post... it's more of a reasoning of where the line is drawn wether the person in question is smart or a fanboy).

I think some fanboyism is a question of not looking like you've been took-in by the hype. When other people kick the product someone else is using they see it as someone kicking them for using that product. I've seen the same thing with cars, trucks, farm equipment, planes, guns. You name it and I'm sure their have been fanboy wars over it. It also depends on how the message is delivered. The more negative the message the quicker the fanboyism.

*Pete*
02-26-2009, 08:01 AM

jin

HEY!!

that is OFF LIMITS!!...good photoshoppers can make ugly, fat hairy men look like slim blondes with big boobs...you DO NOT WANT TO KNOW THE TRUTH.

kopperdrake
02-26-2009, 10:41 AM
yeah but food is not as much about looks as it is about taste.jin

And you've got to admit, Maccy D's menus taste pretty much the same as their food, so no false advertising there imho ;)

jaxtone
02-26-2009, 02:51 PM
Well as far as I know anything is eatable as long as there´s a bottle of Heinz close to the dinner table, but what I think about fanboys is connected to the destiny of empty Heinz bottles and some litres of vaz-ine! :devil:

jin

pumeco
02-26-2009, 03:20 PM
Well, I could add to the anger and say I'm a Sony fanboy :

Sony mobile phone...
Sony PlayStation2...
Sony headphones...
Sony Laptop...

So yeah I really could anger you, but in all honesty I think I'd rather not be known as a fanboy. For one thing I don't like their attitude, and for another I think they're probably the biggest bull****ters in the industry.

My laptop had a great big 'FULL HD 1080' logo on it (even though the display does not have sufficient resolution). And more recently (just today in fact) I just discovered that my (so called) high-end Sony laptop is going to die a premature death (as are MacBook Pro's I believe) because it has an NVIDIA GS 8XXX series graphics card and from what I keep reading they're 'all' effected no matter what the brand.

WTF, over £1200 this thing cost me! I'll have Sony in court over 'not fit for purpose' on this one if they don't replace it for a different model, that's for sure.

mosconariz
02-26-2009, 05:57 PM
I started "animating" in a My First Sony, so I understand your sorrow. It surely was a decepticon.

TSpyrison
02-27-2009, 02:58 PM
http://www.techradar.com/news/gaming/consoles/does-killzone-2-reflect-the-ps3-s-full-potential--553201