PDA

View Full Version : Airplane crashed almost in my backyard

3DGFXStudios
02-25-2009, 09:43 AM
This morning an airplane crashed almost in my backyard. It was a turkisch 737? (not sure). I went out to take pictures for my aircraft crash animation but they wouldn't let me through. It was impressive... :eek:
We need a visual-effects pass like the press has. :hey:

I feel sorry for the people who got killed this morning and their relatives.

http://www.nu.nl/algemeen/1923104/negen-doden-bij-vliegtuigcrash-schiphol.html

art
02-25-2009, 10:02 AM
I'm happy to hear tht many people survived. It crashed in an open field, that probably helped. There are a few buildings nearby (I saw some photos)... is that your backyard?

3DGFXStudios
02-25-2009, 10:06 AM
They say the pilots choose this field because it was muddy and probably could absorb a big amount of the impact force. I live just a few km from the scene. I heard it when I was just chilling in my bed.

JeffrySG
02-25-2009, 10:13 AM
I'm glad it didn't hit any of the building in your area... seems like we've been having a lot of plane crashes the past few weeks.

art
02-25-2009, 10:17 AM
Yeah, its getting scary.

cresshead
02-25-2009, 10:20 AM
9 dead maybe 13 more not going to make it...3 of the crew [dead] are still in the plane...looks like a bad crash but lucky that some did survive..wonder why it crashed?

another bird strike?

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/europe/7909683.stm

ncr100
02-25-2009, 10:52 AM
Whoa that sucks. Sorry this happened so near to you!

Sensei
02-25-2009, 10:54 AM
looks like a bad crash but lucky that some did survive

In air crashes the most killing aspect is fire. Without fire, most of people is surviving.

wonder why it crashed?

Survivor said they lost 600 meters in 5 seconds. Air hole, or wind, or something like that. Nobody expected crash. They were on path to landing zone.

3DGFXStudios
02-25-2009, 11:16 AM
It looked like the plane was out of fuel. Only the engine did burn for 1 minute and then went out. It's really nice to see so many rescue workers in just 30 minutes. I've never seen so many ambulances and fire trucks at the same place. Luckily most people survived.

Nangleator
02-25-2009, 11:53 AM
Wow. Ran the tanks dry. That's almost inconceivable with today's equipment.

Did you hear it?

3DGFXStudios
02-25-2009, 01:03 PM
Wow. Ran the tanks dry. That's almost inconceivable with today's equipment.

Did you hear it?

Yea I heard it but only after I saw the news a few ours later I knew what it was. All the sirens suggested that something bad had happened, but that happens all the time around here.:D

Stooch
02-25-2009, 06:17 PM
yeah a lack of fire is a biiig suggestor of running the tanks dry... maybe in this financial climate they were taking shortcuts and did not refuel with adequate reserves to probably reduce the flight time and thus save even more fuel in the process.

cresshead
02-25-2009, 07:28 PM
a think people are speculating...we just don't know yet...the black box [which is actually RED btw] will tell us what occured on the plane with luck.

DiedonD
02-26-2009, 12:42 AM
Theres also a procedure that envolves emptying the fuel reservoars right before an emergency landing! If they had enough time, they might have gotten rid of it completely in time, so as the fires wont take lives afterwards!

Otherwise! Dying by fire! Such a terrible way to go!

Your title reminds me of a strange, strange... experience... I think that Ive had through the wars...

As you know then, criminality, derrived from Milloschevich's Serbian death machinery at that time, was taking its tall, to levels unseen of in Europe ever since WW2.

And then NATO came to help us put an end to it. And, I dont know weather it was by overwhelming desire to reach out to the force that came to aid us from the sky, or it just happened to be so for real at that moment, but.... I think I saw a Jet Fighter nearly crashing, in front of my eyes, some 20 meters away, and the crash was about to occur right above my neighbours house!

At first there was noise, that was getting lauder. With interruptions, and suddenly it came from left, there was some trouble with its propellers, cause immediately afterwards, they restarted burning again, and it took off to the right and kinda turning to its left, barely missing the neighbours roof for some 5-6 meters!

Nangleator
02-26-2009, 06:48 AM
That civil war was so horrifying, and I'm glad it was possible for outside military forces to help end the fighting.

DiedonD
02-26-2009, 10:29 AM
'Whats so civil about war anyway?!' - Asks one of your singers :o

The silly thing is, that we werent suppose to be there! Us nor Hungarians in Vojvodina! We had nothing to do with slavism! We were seperated from mainland Albania, and them from Hungaria, and put by force into a super communistic country Yougoslavia! Which means Southern Slavs!

Its like beeing forced to join a band that you didnt want to get in in the first place, only to be forced to take part in the fights against one who thought that was best of all, aye topshot, afterwards, and without the option of saying 'I wasnt suppose to be here, cant I just leave you to it, ill be on my way out quietly now thank you!' like FYROM for instance.

And what I dont get about that dictatorship lead criminals against our country back then, is that. They only care about money right? Thats what we know of mafia! Do what you gotta do, even if its at the cost of others lives, just get as most of money that you can while your still alive - attitude. Right? So why did they had to burn, kill children and other civilians, as well as displace half a milion of a population?!

Couldnt they just loot get rich and retreat?

DiedonD
02-26-2009, 10:43 AM
Anyway... I dont think its fair to the host of this thread to hijack it any further.

Sorry about that 3DGFXStudios! It was your title that gave way for some flashbacks there!

Theyve been showing about that Airplane all day long today! We watch turkish TV here in Prizren mostly. They seem dissapointed that a representative was late 45 minutes before came out to debrief the families, and that one guy was hold custody for no obvious reason, I dont know.

And, heres the thing. Right behind the airplane was somekinda windmill! Just for orientatioin, 1km in which direction from that do you live? South-West, North-East type of thing.

Kuzey
02-26-2009, 10:54 AM
The first thing I did was to call my cousin here in Turkey and ask if her husband was on an overseas trip...luckily, he's here in Izmir and safe.

Some idiot from the government body held a press conference soon after the crash and stated there were no deaths...talk about adding more trauma to whole situation.

Kuzey

DiedonD
02-26-2009, 12:21 PM
Hey Kuzey

Your in Turkey now? Werent you in Aussiland? Did your Turkish improve BTW ;)

They were speaking about the heroic bravery of the pilots too! The Captain was the best they say, in Turkeys Airforce Army. He flew with Phatoms, and F-14s, the one that went most ahead of all.

All three of them died at the cock pit.

Kuzey
02-27-2009, 03:23 AM
I might go back to Melbourne at the end of this year or maybe try a different country for awhile.

My Turkish gets better when I go to Ankara to visit my fathers side of the family but deteriorates again when I'm in Izmir, where there is fewer family members.

It also doesn't help that I watch mostly English TV networks as well, I can't watch Turkish news at all because they seem to speak a hybrid language that seems Greek to me. News here is not really news, it's more like those gossip current affair shows back in Melbourne, everything is sensationalized all the time.

It's very funny actually :D

Kuzey

3DGFXStudios
02-27-2009, 04:33 AM
Anyway... I dont think its fair to the host of this thread to hijack it any further.

Sorry about that 3DGFXStudios! It was your title that gave way for some flashbacks there!

Theyve been showing about that Airplane all day long today! We watch turkish TV here in Prizren mostly. They seem dissapointed that a representative was late 45 minutes before came out to debrief the families, and that one guy was hold custody for no obvious reason, I dont know.

And, heres the thing. Right behind the airplane was somekinda windmill! Just for orientatioin, 1km in which direction from that do you live? South-West, North-East type of thing.

I live a few km to the west (straight line)

3DGFXStudios
02-27-2009, 02:51 PM
I just drove by the crash site. It look strange it the dark. There are more lights there than in the Amsterdam Arena. It just looked surreal .......

DiedonD
02-28-2009, 12:29 AM
I might go back to Melbourne at the end of this year or maybe try a different country for awhile.

My Turkish gets better when I go to Ankara to visit my fathers side of the family but deteriorates again when I'm in Izmir, where there is fewer family members.

Try the Kosova Republic then :D Youd love it here. I keep saying to people. If you can earn online, youd be rich here. The money wont go away, cause of the different economic standards. But for the price the quality doesnt drops not one slightest bit.

So, I take it your mothers side is in Izmir then?

It also doesn't help that I watch mostly English TV networks as well, I can't watch Turkish news at all because they seem to speak a hybrid language that seems Greek to me.

Id delete that If I were you LOL. Hope nobody has seen it thus far!

Covers the Turkish language sounding like Greek one say with a black blanket

:D

News here is not really news, it's more like those gossip current affair shows back in Melbourne, everything is sensationalized all the time.

It's very funny actually :D

Kuzey

Well it gets irritating after a while. At first you think that its only you that notices the oversensationalism.

I mean they make an ordinary show of finding the money in the boxes last somewhat 2 hours! Anybody knows that one. Theres money in some 20 boxes, that the player would decide which one to open without knowing whats inside. He is entitled to the money in his own box only, but may take whatever the bank guy has to offer based on whats left on the table there.

Ive seen that show end for 15-20 minutes in Switzerland and Kosova. Its more than 2 hours there. Everybody gets to say what he thinks and feels, the player comes with family members, whom arent spared of their time of beeing aired on how they feel and think that the player should do. The more critical the timing, the more drama of real spectator tears gets close up captured from the camera.

Real overdrama, captured, its REALLY VERY HEAVY guys! Its funny at start, when you think how theyve arranged it all. But after a while you start thinking, 'Man, these are real peoples feelings that the producer is playing with!'

They seem like theyre having alotta fun though! Its just some of us ask ourselves 'So the granny was passing the street that day huh! Why the repeated overhype for some 20 minutes now?'

Exception
02-28-2009, 06:19 PM
Wow, so you're close to Schiphol then? What town?

What a dreadful accident. Its such a weird one too.

Hopper
02-28-2009, 07:13 PM
Ok, so a 737 crashes and only 9 people died (so far). That's pretty spectacular, yet not even a peep out of any mainstream American news outlet I can find - CNN, MSN, FAux, etc...

WTH? What kind of crap is that?

Sensei
02-28-2009, 07:26 PM
That's pretty spectacular, yet not even a peep out of any mainstream American news outlet I can find - CNN, MSN, FAux, etc...

WTH? What kind of crap is that?

You have censure like in good old CCCP.. ;)

Seriously, that's not the first time, I noticed that airplane crashes are quickly removed, 2-3 days and it's gone.. Probably to not scary people to fly.. Treating people like childs (switching tv program when there is adult content etc)..

Hopper
02-28-2009, 07:30 PM
Well, they seem to be rampant here in the past few weeks. It's like "Shark Week", but for plane crashes.

Exception
03-01-2009, 05:01 AM
Ok, so a 737 crashes and only 9 people died (so far).

It fell 50 meters out of the sky by an apparent stall before landing.

US news is completely xenophobic.

3DGFXStudios
03-01-2009, 05:27 AM
Wow, so you're close to Schiphol then? What town?

What a dreadful accident. Its such a weird one too.

Haarlem City :D

Nangleator
03-01-2009, 08:16 AM
It fell 50 meters out of the sky by an apparent stall before landing.
I haven't been following the story since I heard the rumor about the gas tanks running dry, but don't confuse the engines stopping with a stall. In airplanes, a stall means loss of lift to the wings, usually from low speed. The result is a dramatic drop, nose down. When that happens close to the ground, people usually don't survive.

Sensei
03-04-2009, 04:04 PM
http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/europe/7923782.stm

Kuzey
03-05-2009, 06:43 AM
I'm relived it wasn't fuel shortage that caused the crash. Looks like the pilots tried their best to recover, but the plane's tail was about to touch the ground at that time. If the malfunction happened 20 seconds earlier they might have had a chance.

Kuzey

Nangleator
03-05-2009, 06:46 AM
That's especially tragic. The pilots knew what was killing them... they had already tried to get it fixed. Damn.