PDA

View Full Version : Making Face Morphs

pilkiwilky
02-24-2009, 05:42 PM
Hello

I have a character and I am making multiple face morphs using the dragnet tool (is that the best tool to use?) and I want to limit lightwave to only effect certain parts of the face... for example - my character is a mouse with whiskers.. I do not want to drag the whiskers, but I do want to drag the mouth, but the mouth is under the whiskers...

Does that make sense?

Thanks for your kind help!

SplineGod
02-24-2009, 07:10 PM
Create weight maps on parts of the face with some falloff. Use those to move parts of the face around with some stretchiness to create your endomorphs.

Mr Rid
02-24-2009, 09:39 PM
You may also select a group of polys such as the whiskers and 'Hide Selected' from active view to affect only visible points/polys.
"-" key to Hide,
"=" to 'Hide Unselected',
"\" to 'Unhide.'
are default keys.

May also isolate a group of points using 'Selection Set' or isolate a group of polys using 'Create Part' and quickly select or deselect these groups under Stats ("w" key while in Polygon or Point mode).

Or cut and paste select polys into another layer to modify.

SplineGod
02-25-2009, 09:37 AM
One reason I prefer weight maps is that I get the ability to select the same areas like I do with selection sets or parts but i also get a nice falloff for a skin like effect.