PDA

View Full Version : Mysterious render time

Reco
02-24-2009, 11:19 AM
I am using LW 9.5, and experience some strange render times. The scene contains a lot of piping and structure from an oil installation. I have turned on GI, using final gather, cache and interpolation. For lighting I have added a few area lights and spot lights. In the beginning of the rendering process every image takes approx seven minutes to render. After a few hours I notice that the render time had increase to 25 minutes per image. If I stopped and started the rendering process, The rendering time went back to seven minutes. After a few hours, it was back to 25 minutes.

Can somebody give me some advice concerning this problem?

Reco

multipass
02-24-2009, 11:49 AM
sounds like the dreaded, playagamewhilerendering-itus. are you doing anything in the background while you render or are you just letting the computer sit?

Sensei
02-24-2009, 12:00 PM
Upgrade to LW v9.6 and see whether it's gone. Might be bug in LW v9.5. I have experienced it too. Make sure that config dir is different on LW v9.6 installation, and doesn't conflict with LW v9.5 installation.

Reco
02-24-2009, 12:35 PM
sounds like the dreaded, playagamewhilerendering-itus. are you doing anything in the background while you render or are you just letting the computer sit?

Not games, but reading mails and internet in general. can that be the problem?

Reco

Reco
02-24-2009, 12:38 PM
Upgrade to LW v9.6 and see whether it's gone. Might be bug in LW v9.5. I have experienced it too. Make sure that config dir is different on LW v9.6 installation, and doesn't conflict with LW v9.5 installation.

To late Sensei. I messed up the upgrade, but will clean up the Newtek directory and reinstalle 9.6 after my ongoing project is completed.

Reco