PDA

View Full Version : visualization problem

CROMO3D
02-24-2009, 11:07 AM
hi i've some visualization problem,

first: Modeler show my object with many multi color lines and nothing is select.

second: sometimes Lightwave go crazy like in my second picture

i've already reinstall the drivers of my graphic board (nvidia quadro fx 4500)

some idea? thanx

FredyN
02-25-2009, 02:24 AM
1. in Modeler/Refine/Polygon/Sketch color

2. if it Layout render corect, maybe a fault of Modeler

CROMO3D
02-25-2009, 02:53 AM
1. in Modeler/Refine/Polygon/Sketch color

2. if it Layout render corect, maybe a fault of Modeler

thanx FredyN, now it 's ok :), some ideas about my second problem?

:D

Tobian
02-25-2009, 03:33 AM
Looks like you have a broken Ngon somewhere, probably one of the one's which you cut the door threshold right near the floor. I suggest one at a time, you select each ngon then triple it (shift t) and merge it back again (shift z). Also open the polygon statistics panels (w) and check to see if there's any 2 point polygons, if there are (remember polygon mode) hit the little + sign next to them to select them, and delete. LWcad has an automated tool which actually does that, which is quite cool :)

To try and and keep from getting more errors in ngons, you should always try and keep ngons without a 'hole' in them. Cut the polygon in half, so that it's just 2 irregular ngons, rather than one with a hole in it! :)

Oh and also check for any 2 poly points, if you've been doing booleans. Go to point mode, hit statistics (w) and see if there are any 1 or 2 point one's.. Select them, and if they are in the middle of a edge (not on a corner of a loose edge, which is perfectly normal them) then you can delete them safely, and that should help with some polygon anomalies! :)

FredyN
02-25-2009, 04:07 AM
for the second problem:
in Modeler / Display options (d) an try GL settings - Buffered, Legasy,...

Nicolas Jordan
02-26-2009, 01:13 PM
sometimes Lightwave go crazy like in my second picture

I get this regularly in modeler with the newer Open GL implementation. It gets very annoying sometimes. :grumpy:

pming
02-27-2009, 10:26 AM
Hiya.

Just got LW on the 25th, and I can also confirm the 'second picture' problem. I get it when I switch layer views more than twice (like, say, when holding Shift to view 4 layers together; Shift, Click, Click, Click, Click). But for me, it's like a model's wireframe will get 'blown apart and then crumpled back together like a piece of paper'. (sorry, no screen shot).

I figured it was an OpenGL problem because I'm using an ATI card (Radeon HD 4850). What kind/brand of card do you have, CHROMO3D?

^_^

Paul L. Ming

toby
03-03-2009, 02:49 AM
Same problem here! But it's only with .obj objects, with more than 250k polygons. (I know, 'big deal', but I'm doing lighting challenges from cg talk, and they're all hi-res and coverted from maya, which means obj.)
I have an ATI card too (on a mac). If I switch to flat shade it goes away, but smooth shade and texture are useless.

toby
03-05-2009, 03:34 AM
Correction, I get the display errors with any geometry, native or not, with over 300,000 polys.

pming
03-05-2009, 04:13 PM
Hiya.

I just imported a subdivided "demosoldier" from ZBrush (as .obj) that had just under 521k poly's. I didn't have any problems. Mind you, I did only rotate/zoom/move around (in 4-panel and single-panel), with Wireframe, Textured and Textrued-Wireframe. I even used point and poly selection and a Smoothshift + Multishift to get a rough 'lightwave logo' on his forehead. All with no problems.

*shrug*

Maybe it's a "over time" problem; indicating perhaps some kind of memory leak?

^_^

Paul L. Ming