PDA

View Full Version : Real Lens Camera FROM IMAGE

Nigel Baker
02-20-2009, 04:33 PM
Hello All,

Does anyone have any tips while with working with Real Lens Camera and the setting "FROM IMAGE" rather than from an actual manufactures camera type?

Many thanks in advance.

Regards,
Nigel

R.Feeney
02-20-2009, 04:37 PM
It just reads the exif data from the photo(if it has any) and matches the settings with the lightwave camera.

Nigel Baker
02-20-2009, 04:49 PM
Hi there Reeney,

Yes I saw that but I was looking for a bit more info in the manual and nothing.
I was working on a test and had a back ground image taken from a camera.
I then turned on real lens camera and took the information from the same background image and the camera became whacked out.

The model zoomed far away - very far away and there was a lot of distortion on the model as in the lens curvature and the perspective was very severe.

Regards,
Nigel

R.Feeney
02-20-2009, 04:54 PM
Im no expert, I just play one on forums :)
But the problem my be the photo, some cameras dont store the exif in the same way as standard. so it could be reading exposure time as zoom or something like that.

Nigel Baker
02-20-2009, 06:32 PM
Hello Feeney,

Thanks again for that.
This may be the case for the camera in question was a Sony (small digital pocket version)
and not in the supported list.

Hey I see you are local, nice to see you around.

Regards,
Nigel.

R.Feeney
02-20-2009, 06:48 PM
No problem, its funny but I was just playing around with the from image camera myself for the first time when I read your post.

Nice to see you here too.

You have some nice work over on Soliddesign.
The link to your site in your sig is not working, something to do with the font setting I think.
Thought you might like to know

nlightuk
02-21-2009, 09:45 PM
Hello Feeney,

Thanks again for that.
This may be the case for the camera in question was a Sony (small digital pocket version)
and not in the supported list.

Regards,
Nigel.

Nigel,

I suspect it was due to the different way in which focal length are calculated for compact cameras. Your Sony Cybershot will have a short focal length lens, because of its compact size and smaller sensor.

What you need to do is find the 35mm equivalent lens focal lengths for the compact camera's lens and substitute those values into the EXIF data for the JPEG.

Hopefully LW's camera matching will work more as you expect then.

Nigel Baker
02-23-2009, 04:25 PM
Hello nlightuk,

Thats was a great light nuget of information.
it did not help the job but it did help me.
Went out today with my Canon Camera and the "Real Lens Camera FROM IMAGE" worked a treat. Very little adjustments.

I think Newtek should update their camera list since new models have appeared on the market and that this is also carried over into the CORE application.

Thanks again,

Regards,
Nigel