PDA

View Full Version : Sloooooowwwww Website

Paul_Boland
02-20-2009, 01:41 PM
Hi Folks.

Is anyone else experiencing long slow load times on the Newtek site lately? I click the link in my favourites and on a good day, it takes about 10 to 20 seconds to load. That's a good day!!! Click to come to the forums and it's the same. Moving around the forums, the same slowness.

But on a bad day... Damn!! On bad days I can't even get here!!

Sometimes I click to come here and then open a new tab and just surf other sites while I wait for this website to load. This only started recently, a couple of weeks back, there abouts, it was during the run up to Core. I'm on broadband and all my other web surfing is super fast, just as it should. But the Newtek site is slow as dialup, even worse then that some times!!!

Is anyone else experiencing this? Any ideas what's causing it?

mattclary
02-20-2009, 01:56 PM
Nope, been snappy for me.

Wade
02-20-2009, 01:58 PM
Fast here, but several days there was some lag.

rsfd
02-20-2009, 03:16 PM
Hello,
you could clear browser cache and history (browser reset). Maybe that helps.
Or is this issue browser independant?

Paul_Boland
02-21-2009, 01:41 PM
Hello,
you could clear browser cache and history (browser reset). Maybe that helps.
Or is this issue browser independant?

Hi.

I tried that, even tried different browsers and going between my desktop and my laptop, but the same problem. It's not too bad right now, about ten seconds between click and the page opening, but it shouldn't be like this. And it's only with the Newtek site. All my other web surfing is fast.

Stewdent101
02-21-2009, 03:06 PM
You are not alone, i thought it was my internet connection but same as you the rest of my browsing was OK it`s just the newtek site

geothefaust
02-21-2009, 03:07 PM
yeah I had some problems late last night (or early depending on your view). I couldn't connect at one point.

rsfd
02-25-2009, 06:08 AM
Hi,
(sorry for the absence)
there are quite a lot of issues that can cause those problems.
When it's not browser related, then it could be ISP-related, e.g. slow or incorrect DNS resolving for certain websites.
In those cases, it can help to enter explicit DNS addresses in the internet connection preferences (I'm on Mac, can't tell where to enter on pc, but opendns.com has tutorials for all OS).
One can try to use the addresses of ones own ISP or change to others (e.g. those of openDNS.com 208.67.222.222 and 208.67.220.220) and see if that helps.

Paul_Boland
03-03-2009, 01:01 PM
I think someone at Newtek has done some tweeking because the past few days the Newtek site has been back to normal, fast loading everywhere. Thanks.

bobakabob
03-03-2009, 04:49 PM
I have problems with Newtek and Spinquad forums with IE... Firefox is better.