PDA

View Full Version : Anyone else unable to upload?

meshpig
02-20-2009, 02:23 AM
Hi

I can't upload anything! Normally you just delete attachments and proceed but there are several files left with no button to delete them with? As in deleted everything in the attachment folder but still can't upload.

???

m:)

JBT27
02-20-2009, 02:26 AM
Yep, hit this one the other day and couldn't upload a pic - other people here and there are commenting that they've hit the 'upload limit'.

In my case, it told me I had exceeded my quota by something like 2.84Mb, when I was trying to upload a 79K JPEG.

I checked my attachments over the years, but they only amount to around 5.7Mb.

I don't know what the limit is, probably didn't realise there was one, stupidly.

But someone needs to officially comment on this and find the workaround, or better, the fix ..... if they haven't already that is.

Julian.

meshpig
02-20-2009, 03:12 AM
JBT27

Yes, something's up. I'm a bit of pig for uploading I admit but can you upload after the error message?

I can't empty the attachment folder so it's hard to tell what the problem is.

m

JBT27
02-20-2009, 03:33 AM
No - it just wouldn't work.

I got slight variants on the error message, in terms of how much I had apparently overshot my limit, but I was not able to upload at all.

Julian.

DiedonD
02-20-2009, 04:05 AM
How about using third party sites for the upload, like tinypic.com, and insert the links afterwards here. It surely worked for me:

http://newtek.com/forums/showthread.php?t=95312

:D

mattclary
02-20-2009, 01:01 PM
I finally tried this and am having the same problem. It looks like we have a lifetime limit of ONLY 1MB of attachments we can upload! I have currently about 9MB I have uploaded over the years, doing the math on the error message comes out to I have the ability to have 1MB up at any time.

NewTek, can you confirm if this is as designed? Wish y'all would have announced the change if that is the case.

edit:
I've sent an e-mail to the webmaster and customer service...

JeffrySG
02-20-2009, 01:15 PM
Yeah, there are about 10 diff. threads on this already... I can't imagine NT doesn't know about it. I just switched to using tinypic.com for now...

meshpig
02-20-2009, 11:17 PM
How about using third party sites for the upload, like tinypic.com, and insert the links afterwards here. It surely worked for me:

http://newtek.com/forums/showthread.php?t=95312

:D

Ok, not a bad idea.

Thanks.

M:)

IMI
02-21-2009, 06:46 PM
I finally tried this and am having the same problem. It looks like we have a lifetime limit of ONLY 1MB of attachments we can upload! I have currently about 9MB I have uploaded over the years, doing the math on the error message comes out to I have the ability to have 1MB up at any time.

Well you were robbed, man. ;)
I have 13.4 MB of attachments in 126 files.

cresshead
02-21-2009, 07:11 PM
i had 34 mb..killed it dwn to 25mb and still don't work...i posted a thread about 2 weeks back...i'm using my website for now to host new images here...