PDA

View Full Version : scenes wont open

Otterman
02-19-2009, 04:32 AM
This is annoying me, im working on a project and finding its being pretty crashy. Im doing incremental saves along the way to cover my *** however, after a crash, even though i havent saved the last scene, when i try to re-open it lightwave just hangs.....forever!

I was thinking this was because the scene contains some hefty geometry...(no subD's or anything) but now ive squished it, its still acting up.

Ive tried disabling the hub, binning prefs, restarts, etc but its been doing this alot recently. Ive even tried rebuilding the scene from scratch and using a different mac but still no joy.

Any suggestions?

Heres my spec....

lw9.6

Mac OSX 10.5.6 2x3.2ghz quad-core intel xeon 16GB ram

flakester
02-19-2009, 04:42 AM
I have no experience with Macs, but might be worth a try opening the LWS file as a text doc and seeing if the file is trying to invoke any plugins that you don't need or are causing conflicts.

Apologies if that's way off the mark, but it's about my only thought.
Hope you get it sorted.

--
flakester.

Otterman
02-19-2009, 05:16 AM
Oo flakester, thats a gooden. il have to remember that one for the future.

However, I think i might of isolated the problem by hiding my models one by one and opening the scene up that way. Ive narrowed it down to a couple of files. They are only a couple of k each but one contains a reflective floor and the other illuminous polygons i use for lights.

Now this leads me to believe its an openGL issue thats causing the hang! I need to delve further i thinks....ive a whopping Nvidia Quaudro FX 5600 card, perhaps its not happy.

flakester
02-19-2009, 05:32 AM
Oo flakester, thats a gooden. il have to remember that one for the future.

However, I think i might of isolated the problem by hiding my models one by one and opening the scene up that way. Ive narrowed it down to a couple of files. They are only a couple of k each but one contains a reflective floor and the other illuminous polygons i use for lights.

Now this leads me to believe its an openGL issue thats causing the hang! I need to delve further i thinks....ive a whopping Nvidia Quaudro FX 5600 card, perhaps its not happy.

We run the Quadro FX 5500s here on PCs. The only issue we have is completely unrelated to LW... broadcast monitor support through Blackmagic cards with Premier Pro CS3; we have to run a slightly older driver for the graphics cards to keep them happy. ~8-S

Gotta love technology!

Glad you've isolated the problem Dude.

--
flakester.