PDA

View Full Version : 9.6 Cocoa Beta....

lwanmtr
02-19-2009, 01:54 AM
I know there is no (public) word on a release time for 9.6 cocoa, so I'm not even gonna ask...hehe....

Ok, my understanding is that 9.6 cocoa will be available to Hardcore members first, and thats fine..but....

Shouldn't 9.6 Cocoa still be considered part of the 9.x cycle? What I mean is that shouldnt the folks who are (were) in the 9.x open beta be able to test it and help get it going?

Just kinda wondering..and am also concerned that HC members will be too busy playing with Core to care about testing 9.6 Cocoa...

Couldnt you open up the 9.6 beta forums just for the Cocoa testers? that would keep them away from the Core forums..unless they were hardcore members, that is.

Just something for NewTek to consider, since I'm sure there are alot of mac users who would love to dig into it (that cannot yet afford to join hardCore)

Otterman
02-19-2009, 03:25 AM
:i_agree:

jwiede
02-21-2009, 01:18 PM
It definitely seems like 9.6 Cocoa OB needs a separate set of forums, so that existing 9.x Mac users can beta test regardless of whether in HC or not.

HC population is biased heavily towards early-adopters, and that skews their system configurations as well (lower representation of older / more limited OS & hw configs, for example). If a goal of 9.6 Cocoa beta testing is widest-possible config coverage, limiting testers that way will create serious coverage holes.