PDA

View Full Version : bubbles

dnch
02-18-2009, 06:06 PM
no mood for words
http://dev.drawetc.cz/bubbletest.jpg

otacon
02-18-2009, 08:06 PM
This is pretty sweet looking. Nice work.

dnch
02-19-2009, 02:50 AM
thanks, now i see those ugly bubbles on left bottom corner, i should have made that transition little softer or maybe just rotate those two..
but it was around 3.30 in the morning so i forgive me:)

to technical aspets of the image (if anyone interested:)):

- modelled some pairings of the bubbles (with connecting parts)
- duplicated, rotated couple of times, added some simple balls
- duplicated and flipped all the bubbles and made inner surface
- added couple of softboxes (uv mapped box with custom painted softbox texture), cloned 2 times for big softboxes, then cloned couple of times an made it small to mimic camera lights (those round dots refflections seen in some bubbles)
- played with some surface settings, some different refraction indexes on in/out surfaces, some incidence angle gradients on reflections / transparency
- little reflection / refraction blurring here and there
- some occlusion connected to lightness to add little brigtnes to areas bubbles connect (not really visible)
- background texture ... some gradient, light clouds noise and crust texture to fake something happening around objects
- rendered with Fprime with little dof

post work (PS)
- added black layer, little noise (collor), switched to soft light, blurred, adjusted opacity and saturation to like
- little blur on the rendered image
- flattened, cropped and used Lens Abberations action from http://www.3drender.com/light/lens.htm for those collored edges and barrel distortion
(dont forget to use this action for flattened and cropped image, or expect some weird results, does not really work for hires / print pictures)
- cropped again ( some ugly corners caused by Abberation action)
- little hue shift to liking and saturation lowering
- added little vigneting (fast way to do it is to make white layer set to multiply and added inner shadow with no distance and big size)
- levels (adjustment layer).. to bring up little those dark areas so theres no absolute black in picture
- little color balance so its not just monochromatic
- little unsharp mask
- final canvas rotation, logo added

.. eh so much words for that simple image... hope someone find this usefull

by the way.. still looking for better way to model bubbles / foam... specialy the intersections / touching of bubbles (i tried some clothFX with morph targets (base model with no intersecting bubbles, morph with some intersections for clothFX to solve... with weird and not usable results)
no HV please, could not work without my Fprime:)

zardoz
02-19-2009, 02:55 AM
amazing look. What can you tell us about the setup? what are those bubbles reflecting?
and the surface, dielectric?

zardoz
02-19-2009, 02:56 AM
nice...you answered at the same time I posted my questions...tx

dnch
02-19-2009, 02:57 AM
posted above you:)
just some simple basic surfaces, im not really handy with nodes, i use mainly layers and nodes for some special surface effects (Occlusion, anisotropy (not in this case)
... and the reason is that some nodes crashes my fprime / layout and i am used to have opened the fprime all the time.)

amazing look. What can you tell us about the setup? what are those bubbles reflecting?
and the surface, dielectric?