PDA

View Full Version : Its just a mirage.....

archiea
08-14-2003, 12:26 AM
hey gang, check this out....

http://www.cgchannel.de/news/viewfeature.jsp?newsid=210

Its a new paint system....

its from a company thats based in san antonio, TX, and they offer a special pre-release to NT customers...

And they offer an OS-X version...

Hmmmm...

So TVPaint...err... Aura... Err...Mirage.. whatever...
its finally coming to the mac....

So I guess all of those rumors that Aura wasn't being ported to the mac were trure...
yet...
I guess all of those rumors that aura WAS being ported to the mac were true...

Wait, I'm confused...

Well, enjoy all the same!!!

policarpo
08-14-2003, 12:37 AM
Heheheh...let me know if you find out anything about this prerelease for existing users...i may just have to dust off my box and give it whirl on OSX.

:)

Darth Mole
08-14-2003, 02:52 AM
More info here:

http://www.bauhaussoftware.com/

"About TVPaint With headquarters in Metz, France, TVPaint is a developer of broadcast video paint production tools including TVPaint, ™ TV Paint animation™ and Aura™. TVPaint set a new standard in video paint power with the release of the first 32-bit video paint software, in 1991 on the Amiga platform."

Now I'M confused... so who wrote Aura then?

Beamtracer
08-14-2003, 07:01 AM
Does this have anything to do with Aura?

There are some really interesting features...
-Motion graphics
-64bit paint
-OS X

Thanks for the headsup, Arthur.

policarpo
08-14-2003, 07:38 AM
it's aura repackaged and with maybe a few new tools.

TyVole
08-14-2003, 08:46 AM
Here's an idea I think would make everyone happy: why not package the LW8 upgrade with Mirage for Mac users?

* Mac users are happy because they get a compositing app and don't feel like second-class customers;

* Newtek is happy because they sell many LW8 Mac upgrades and hear less complaints;

* Bauhaus/TV Paint is happy because they get a solid intial customer base and some cash flow;

* Even Eyeon can't be upset, as they offer no Mac solution.

Hell, I'd think some PC users would even prefer this package over the DFX one.

drclare
08-14-2003, 10:07 AM
That sounds like a great solution.

policarpo
08-14-2003, 10:09 AM
Originally posted by drclare
That sounds like a great solution.

i never liked aura because it wasn't nondestructive...i guess AE, c2, and DF have spoiled me. A Filter/Plugin should be abale to be removed at a later date if it doesn't work out ya know.

TyVole
08-14-2003, 10:27 AM
Are you certain they haven't resolved this issue in Mirage?

policarpo
08-14-2003, 10:30 AM
Originally posted by TyVole
Are you certain they haven't resolved this issue in Mirage?

Not sure...but let's hope so.

archiea
08-14-2003, 11:46 AM
Actually, I got a PC, so I don't mind the DF deal! :D

Actually, TVPaint became Aura, which I believe is now Mirage. I used TV pain on the Amiga with an old EGS card!!!!.. Loved it. I had to find a copy from Germany. Then the company would dissapear, then re-appear... so its a bit of a miracle, and a tstament to the software, that its still around...

I think Aura/TVpain/Mirage has the best brush handling and rendering. I loved the pencil and charcoal tools. Just amazing.

I Would love to have Mirage on my Powerbook, I still refer itto Painter 8, though painter has shown some progress...

Ah... Tvpaint on an Amiga with a hack Graphics card with hack divers to mirage on a 12" Powerbook. Its good to be alive. You gotta love technology.....
:rolleyes:

drclare
08-14-2003, 01:32 PM
i absolutely agree that an effect should be able to be removed, cause you'll almost never get it right on the first try, and you'll always need to change it as your composition evoles. I didn't know that about aura.

policarpo
08-14-2003, 01:41 PM
yeah...it's a cool and fast app...and if they have a demo of it you should check it out...i just never could get a handle on it...it was counterintuive to use to me...but the painting feature and brushes are great.

i will definitely look at it again since i already own Aura 2.5.