PDA

View Full Version : Geez I feel dumb...

Ty Catt
02-18-2009, 10:52 AM
I am not one to use LScripts too much but...

I've tried adding one to Layout via the LScript button (Utilities Tab), but I get an error.

Am I missing something?

I noticed the Lscripts have a .ls extension yet the one I want to introduce has a .lsc (an older LScript I assume?).

I was hoping it was like adding plugins.

I have alot to learn.

Thanks!

Ty

lwanmtr
02-18-2009, 09:01 PM
I think you can add lscripts via utilities-edit plugins..same as regular plugins

Silkrooster
02-18-2009, 09:42 PM
I am not one to use LScripts too much but...

I've tried adding one to Layout via the LScript button (Utilities Tab), but I get an error.

Am I missing something?

I noticed the Lscripts have a .ls extension yet the one I want to introduce has a .lsc (an older LScript I assume?).

I was hoping it was like adding plugins.

I have alot to learn.

Thanks!

Ty

The difference between the to is .ls is straight text which is readable to the eye. .lsc is compiled as machine language which the eye can not read unless you understand alien.:hey: Just joking. It is compiled which is the reason for the c at the end of the extention.

Whether or not the script will run in layout will depend on the header. Usually the first line in the text that states what is will run on. It can specify layout, modeler or I believe generic.

Hopper
02-18-2009, 11:20 PM
It may also specify a version too, if I remember correctly. I don't remember if it is a 'strict' version or the specific version or later.

Ty Catt
02-19-2009, 09:14 AM
Thanks for the info guys!

Tyler