PDA

View Full Version : Eyes not moving with the head when using bones

pilkiwilky
02-18-2009, 09:00 AM
So I have a character I am trying to animate, but when I activate bones and twist the head, the eyes, which are a seperate objectm yet parented to the head do not move with it...

Please help!

thanks!

Weetos
02-18-2009, 09:04 AM
you may consider having the eyes on the same layer than your character, and then use bones with weightmaps (one for each eyes) to control the eyes. This is the setup I use for every character I rig, and this works just fine

Hope that helps

evenflcw
02-18-2009, 09:14 AM
Lots of options.

Parent the eye objects to the head bone.
Create eye bones parented to the head bone and parent the eye objects to each bone respectively.
Create eye bones parented to the head bone and a 100% weight map for each eye and use "Use bones from Object".
Create eye bones parented to the head bone and a 100% weight map for each eye and put the eye meshes in the same layer as the main mesh.

EDIT: I prefer the same as Weetos.

AVENPERU
08-03-2009, 12:26 AM
you may consider having the eyes on the same layer than your character, and then use bones with weightmaps (one for each eyes) to control the eyes. This is the setup I use for every character I rig, and this works just fine

Hope that helps

I try but the eye don't move with the body and it is in the same layer and when i "parenting" the bone of the eye to the bones of the head the bone of the eye move to other place.... :help:

Weetos
08-03-2009, 01:32 AM
I try but the eye don't move with the body and it is in the same layer and when i "parenting" the bone of the eye to the bones of the head the bone of the eye move to other place.... :help:
Make sure that
Display Options -> General -> Parent in Place
is checked before you try to parent the eye bone to the head bone

This should work as expected