PDA

View Full Version : Whats happened to Newtek Europe Tech Support??????

andym323
02-17-2009, 07:25 AM
Just tried calling Newtek Europe tech support, I have a registration issue, again :(

All I'm getting is a very brief recorded message in French, which I don't speak :(

Anyone know the deal here, quite annoyed as I need my LW9.5 up and running on for an urgent job :(

andym323
02-17-2009, 11:13 AM
Panic over :P

jaxtone
02-17-2009, 04:59 PM
... of what I heard in November NT at least thought that our source of knowledge there "Mr Brilliant" was expandable!

... hope not NT U.S.A. means that we European Lightwavers are expandable to?

BeeVee
02-18-2009, 01:04 PM
Very kind of you Jack, but times are tough all round and NewTek Europe did me a big favour really. I hang around the forum a lot obviously, so if you need me holler! :)

B

Weetos
02-18-2009, 01:24 PM
Hey Ben

Hope you're doing fine - Do you still live in France, by the way?

slacer
02-18-2009, 03:12 PM
Well, I got my LightWave at 6. of Februrary, but NewTek Europe was not able to send me the Core Membership ID or response to a single request since I told them that I received the package...

I don't know if they simply switched the lights off in France.

@Andym323: You can go to the Europe website and enter your phone number - they will call you back.
I had the same problem with their recorded message before...

good luck
-- slacer

jaxtone
02-18-2009, 04:14 PM
About NewTek Europe and favours! I donīt know if this is true but Iīve once heard that Zen Bhuddistīs truly believe in that a man shall never chase luck though itīs easier to let luck find itīs own way to you!

Good luck with your serious writing outside this forum I believe thats something you really wanted to do as well!

Jack

Very kind of you Jack, but times are tough all round and NewTek Europe did me a big favour really. I hang around the forum a lot obviously, so if you need me holler! :)

B

OnTheWay
02-21-2009, 03:23 AM
About NewTek Europe and favours! I donīt know if this is true but Iīve once heard that Zen Bhuddistīs truly believe in that a man shall never chase luck though itīs easier to let luck find itīs own way to you!

Good luck with your serious writing outside this forum I believe thats something you really wanted to do as well!

Jack

Hello from France,

Yes, Newtek Europe !!!... Is there a way to buy Lightwave update and HardCore membership from 5.6 without having to buy it at Newtek Europe ? (Hope the sentence is correct and understandable). I asked the question to Newtek US, but no answer until now?!

Thanks... Christian

jaxtone
02-21-2009, 05:13 AM
Are you sure that there is no answer at the following number?

Lightwave Europe: Phone +33 (0)557 262 262

Sales Department Monday to Friday, 9:30-13:00, 14:00-17:30
Technical Support Monday to Friday, 14:00-17:30
CET (GMT +1)

Hello from France,

Yes, Newtek Europe !!!... Is there a way to buy Lightwave update and HardCore membership from 5.6 without having to buy it at Newtek Europe ? (Hope the sentence is correct and understandable). I asked the question to Newtek US, but no answer until now?!

Thanks... Christian

OnTheWay
02-21-2009, 05:30 PM
I have already had a mail answer from Newtek Europe a few days ago... They offered me lw update with core membership for 395 euros ex VAT. I did not pay anything because I would like to have some more informations about Core before buying.
Yesterday, I went back on the Newtek Europe website... And it is a little confusing... Now, the update with the core membership seems to be at 495 euros ex VAT (?)... But they give LWCAD with the 9.6 update... not 9.6 only...

If I do not make any mistake, for me, as a simple hobbyist, I will pay 591 euros VAT (758 $) for my update... but maybe I'm wrong, I will contact them back when I will decide...
But if I'm right, I can't understand why we have in Europe to pay so extra fee, even if I totaly agree to pay 20 % VAT to finance our solidarity system, here in France.

Sorry for maybe the waste of time... I'll contact them... and a big thanks for your answer.

Christian

Myagi
02-21-2009, 06:31 PM
I don't want to make you feel any worse, but I'm afraid to say LWCad was included in the upgrade before the price change too. The price change after the Core announcement was just delayed here in europe. The US upgrade was $395 before Core was announced and $495 the day after.

OnTheWay
02-22-2009, 02:02 AM
The US upgrade was $395 before Core was announced and $495 the day after.

Thanks for the reply...

We can play a conversion game (ex VAT):

- in the US $395 -> $495 (I don't know if it's the price with VAT ?)
- in Europe €395 -> €495 => $497.34 -> $623.25

But I stop here these messages, before becoming as dull as dichwater.

Thanks again... Christian

Lee
02-22-2009, 05:29 AM
If it makes you feel any better, I and im sure most the other europeans feel exactly the same. It is a poor show by Newtek as our increase was bigger than the US one on top of already paying more than them in the first place. I too never got an answer as to whether I could buy directly from the US.

OnTheWay
02-22-2009, 02:26 PM
If it makes you feel any better, I and im sure most the other europeans feel exactly the same. It is a poor show by Newtek as our increase was bigger than the US one on top of already paying more than them in the first place. I too never got an answer as to whether I could buy directly from the US.

Thanks... I was afraid to be the only one. I see that since the 5.0 nothing has changed... but Core seems very exciting, so...

Christian