PDA

View Full Version : Kurv Studios' Customer Service

Grasshoppa
02-16-2009, 05:29 PM
*Wes has corrected the issue and added a little extra for my frustrations. Thank You, sir. *

In December I received an email from Kurv Studios about a contest where the first 10 customers to score above 50 on hit the Santa with a snowball would receive either a free video download or a coupon code worth 55.00. So I played scored over 50 and sent in the required information (http://www.kurvstudios.com/christmas/christmas.php).

On 12/20/2008 at 1am I received a mail from Kurv studios:
We have a winner!!!
We will get you a coupon out ASAP Alan!
KURV studios!

I hadn't heard anything by 12/31/2008 so I sent a request for status:

I am one of the winners of the Christmas game contest and was
wondering when I would get the coupon code to use on your site to purchase
training.

Thank You,

Alan

On 1/13/2009 I received the following:

Alan,

Sorry for the delay, I will vet it over to you tomorrow. Thanks for your
patience!

Thanks,

Wes "kurv" Beckwith

On 1/15/2009 I sent the following:

Wes,

I must have missed the mail. Did you send the code already?

Thanks,
Alan

On 1/16/2009 I received the following:

Alan,

I am working on getting you a coupon code sir, please allow me one more day.
I am SO sorry we just changed servers and were still installing the coupon
module.

Thanks,

Wes "kurv" Beckwith

I responded on 1/16/2009

Wes,

I got your mail and I appreciate the update. I work in the IT field so I
understand completely - server migrations and the nightmares they can cause.
Good Luck and I will check the ol' inbox tomorrow.

Thanks,
Alan

Having neither received the coupon code nor any further correspondence from Kurv I requested an update on 1/22/2009 and again on 1/26/2009. I joined the Kurv message board and PM'd Kurv asking for an updated. I also left a voice mail with Kurv Studios asking for a call so we could work something out.

To date I have received 0 response from Wes and any other representative from Kurv studios since the mail copied above on 1/16/2009. I went to Spinquad and posted an inquiry to see if anyone who had won the contest had received their winnings. I got 2 responses - one from call-sign silkrooster (saying he would look into it) and one from richdj (asking which contest I was referring to) then my thread was completely removed from Spinquad. I never received a PM as to why it was removed. It was not a flame, defamatory or a personal attack on anyone.

I am beyond frustrated as this is one of the worst examples of customer service that I have seen to date. I posted my frustration on the Kurv message board about the complete lack of response and of course that thread was removed as well (rather quickly I might add).

*Removed Inflammatory remarks*

Thanks,
Alan

geothefaust
02-16-2009, 05:33 PM
Wow, that's an odd one. I've done a LOT (and I really mean a LOT) of business with KURV, and only had a few bumps in the road, as it were.

Hope this issue is resolved for you! (PS- I won that contest too and didn't have any issues)

Hopper
02-16-2009, 05:39 PM
Personally, I am not affiliated with Kurv in any way nor have I done any business with them, but I think this is a very inappropriate post for this board and also think it should be removed.

I see you stated that you have posted your grievance here as a means to warn others, however I can't help but feel you have done so to actually vent your frustration and antagonize Larry.

Denis G La Bine
02-16-2009, 05:57 PM
Hopper I agree under the premise of "Personal Attack" thinking, as that is what your doing to his reply about bad customer services. He has explianed but you do not read his comments that is insulting even from you Sir. I suggest you remove your about this it makes you look like you can't read what people are posting.

Hopper
02-16-2009, 06:01 PM
I'm sorry you feel that way, but I stand by my original post. And I did read the entire post before responding. The tone makes it simple to read between the lines. My point is obviously proven by the fact that similar posts on SpinQuad were also removed. And the fact that I, having no previous dealings with Kurv Studios, saw this as severely unwarranted and uncalled for, which validates my original post and gives merit to my actions. We will simply have to agree to disagree.

DBMiller
02-16-2009, 06:10 PM
I have ordered from Kurv and have nothing but good things to say about their service and products. I agree with Hopper about this post and feel that you would do better to address your complaint to Kurv studios only.

aidenvfx
02-16-2009, 07:24 PM
I have ordered from Kurv and have nothing but good things to say about their service and products. I agree with Hopper about this post and feel that you would do better to address your complaint to Kurv studios only.

He has over 5 times. It is unfortunate and these things happen.

To expect a company never to have a customer fall between the cracks is not realistic but he has being very patient. And his concerns are valid. I am glad to here others have not had this problem but I do not think his post for the most part is out of line.

stevmjon
02-16-2009, 07:53 PM
well, since there is a post about kurv studios here....

i have also had good dealings them. once i received the wrong dvd, i could't be bothered shipping it back, as i am international delivery, so ordered another one. i left a comment about this only, and without me asking, they refunded the dvd + the delivery. this was done very promptly, and they replied with a sorry e-mail.

this i really appreciated.

also, as i have bought a number of dvd's, they also regularly send me discount coupons.

the only hold-up i have had, was on my last order before christmas, they held onto my order and asked for extra info about my credit card via e-mail. i was late replying, but fingers crossed, i still haven't got my dvd's yet.

i am happy to wait though, as we've had bad fires here in australia, near where i live. one of my work colleges lost his house. he has second degree burns. one week later, there is still smoke in the air, with smaller fires still going. i've been emotionly occupied.

stevmjon

Cageman
02-16-2009, 08:03 PM
Personally, I am not affiliated with Kurv in any way nor have I done any business with them, but I think this is a very inappropriate post for this board and also think it should be removed.

I disagree.

I don't see anything with this post to be a personal attack. I have seen far, far, far worse attacks against NewTek on this very forum, and NewTek has not removed those posts.

Another point to keep this thread is for Grasshoppa to get in touch with other Kurv studio customers that can chime in and tell their experiences with Kurv (which seems to be on the positive side). In the past, I have seen threads like this ending up in a resolution that appeals to both the one originaly posting concerns as well as the ones whom the concerns were pointed towards.

No phun intended, but NewTek forums is just another "forum" for the two parts to communicate, since emails and other technical medias doesn't seem to work.

Hopper
02-16-2009, 08:14 PM
I disagree.

I don't see anything with this post to be a personal attack. I have seen far, far, far worse attacks against NewTek on this very forum, and NewTek has not removed those posts.

Another point to keep this thread is for Grasshoppa to get in touch with other Kurv studio customers ...
I completely see your point and agree to some degree, but it was the last two statements that I think were totally unnecessary and didn't hold any particular value to the post. I saw that as more than your average antagonism. It inflects a very poignant jab.

I hope that Newtek takes a very close look at their "partners" as this doesn't reflect well.

I apologize for the long post, I just wanted to warn others before they enter into any business transactions with Kurv studios.

Cageman
02-16-2009, 08:17 PM
I completely see your point and agree to some degree, but it was the last two statements that I think were totally unnecessary and didn't hold any particular value to the post. I saw that as more than your average antagonism. It inflects a very poignant jab.

Sure... NewTek has edited posts in the past. No need for complete removal, as you suggest.

:)

EDIT: Sorry... though, thankfully, when someone edits the post, that doesn't ripple into quotes. I see that you have removed your line "it should be removed". So... I'll just say this:

No need for complete removal, as you suggestED.

:D

Hopper
02-16-2009, 08:21 PM
Sure... NewTek has edited posts in the past. No need for complete removal, as you suggest.
That would be perfectly reasonable.

RebelHill
02-16-2009, 08:21 PM

sounds to me like "partners"=kurv... in his post... and since kurv isnt a person... i cant see a personal attack either.

GandB
02-16-2009, 08:30 PM
I don't think it's inappropriate at all. I had to resort to the same thing (after trying the spinquad forums and phoning KURV); because of problems ordering or even getting a response. I will say that Wes eventually fixed everything and gave me something for my trouble...he even called me personally to explain, and to talk a bit about the industry.

So I would say the good outweighs the bad with KURV, but getting a response can be frustrating at times.

I applaud what you did to try to get this resolved before having to resort to this thread; and I am left wondering why you were silienced on the Spinquad Forums. What leaves me further bewlidered is that you were a winner of a contest, and not just some random customer. Seems that for PR's sake you would have been taken care of right away. :thumbsdow

-Keith

kurv
02-16-2009, 08:49 PM
Hopper, I will get you the coupon code. I recently became a foster parent, literally over night and then our new little girl caught the flu. So I have not been ini front of the PC much till today.

Just had to take care of a lot of things in a short time... imagine getting a 8 month old tomorrow.

I will work on this now.

SplineGod
02-16-2009, 08:50 PM
Another thing to concider is that KURV deals with hundreds of customers and its unfortunate and inevitable that a customer or two do fall thru the cracks. I know that the majority of problems are dealt with when it does come to their attention.

kurv
02-16-2009, 09:11 PM
Thanks Larry, it is a lot to deal with esp when you miss days worth of emails. The catch up is daunting.

Alan, truly sorry, I just sent you an email. Just so you know here, I would not have seen this if it was not for Larry, thanks! We were chatting and he pointed it out.

My last post was brief as I wanted to email you ASAP... but I gave you the information via email.

Again, truly sorry for the delay. We were not ignoring you at all, well not trying to. :P

I hope you understand.

Thanks!

Grasshoppa
02-16-2009, 09:33 PM
Thank you Wes for correcting the issue. Again, I too should apologize for a couple of ,less than professional, comments that added nothing toward the resolution of the issue.

Regards,
Alan

ericsmith
02-16-2009, 09:34 PM
Hey Wes,

Just to go completely off topic, congrats on becoming (even if temporary) a new foster dad! My wife and I started down that path before we adopted our son, and we have friends in that world as well.

It takes a very special person to take on what you have. I'm not sure how it is in other states, but here you have to walk a very fine line between committing yourself unconditionally to the kid(s), and being totally supportive of seeing the family reunite. That requires a selfless dedication that you don't see every day, in my opinion. I wish you all the best.

Eric

HoMe
02-16-2009, 09:34 PM
hmmmmmm

its a bad way to let off steam here in a public forum... and the 2nd fault ... to copy and paste the original emails.... i think that is not allowed...

Cageman
02-17-2009, 01:52 AM
Ahh...

Issue resolved. Great! :)

And one more thing, KURV once again showed that they do care about thier customers! Makes me want to support KURV!

This thread ended up as a win-win situation for all involved... how great is that?

:)

kurv
02-17-2009, 10:51 AM
Thank you Wes for correcting the issue. Again, I too should apologize for a couple of ,less than professional, comments that added nothing toward the resolution of the issue.

Regards,
Alan

Alan, no apology necessary sir, how could you know. I would have been frustrated as well. Thank you for understanding :)

Hey Wes,

Just to go completely off topic, congrats on becoming (even if temporary) a new foster dad! My wife and I started down that path before we adopted our son, and we have friends in that world as well.

It takes a very special person to take on what you have. I'm not sure how it is in other states, but here you have to walk a very fine line between committing yourself unconditionally to the kid(s), and being totally supportive of seeing the family reunite. That requires a selfless dedication that you don't see every day, in my opinion. I wish you all the best.

Eric

Yes it is the same here in Texas and yes that line is so thin... I am so happy to see others here who have walked in these shoes. Congrats Eric, it is awesome to have friends in this area as well.

It is hard, but bottom line, we know were helping a child. Thats all that matters to us. :)

hmmmmmm

its a bad way to let off steam here in a public forum... and the 2nd fault ... to copy and paste the original emails.... i think that is not allowed...

Please don't be upset with Alan. It was our circumstances that caused the issue to begin with. Alan just really wanted his KURV studios videos...... bad :D But seriously, dont be upset towards him :) Thanks!!

Ahh...

Issue resolved. Great!

And one more thing, KURV once again showed that they do care about thier customers! Makes me want to support KURV!

This thread ended up as a win-win situation for all involved... how great is that?

Thanks Cageman! We try. No one is perfect, and were not a big company either. So when things happen like this, we do miss emails or things take a little longer. But we also work all hours of the day when were here to 'try' to make sure things are handled the best we can.

Thanks everyone! :D

jaxtone
02-17-2009, 04:31 PM
Hope youre ever try to play guitar the same way as you just tried to censorship a mans right to express his true feelings! Hey now, his complains were more like a sweet little blues riff in a "let the steam out" refrain! No reason to act as a "moral majority" share holder for that in my eyes! :)

I see you stated that you have posted your grievance here as a means to warn others, however I can't help but feel you have done so to actually vent your frustration and antagonize Larry.

jaxtone
02-17-2009, 04:35 PM
Congratulations to your bigger and happier family!

By the way, there are two things Id like to ask you!

1. Your e-mail form on your website still crashes each time I try to use it!

2. What about the PLK? Are you making a 64-bit version soon! Seems like the CORE release in Q4 is just a rumour and I would rather believe its gonna be Q2 in 2010! So it would be most appreciated if you could find a solution to get access for the import of Poser rigs and stuff even if you use 64 bit versions of LW!

kurv
02-18-2009, 09:24 AM
Congratulations to your bigger and happier family!

By the way, there are two things Id like to ask you!

1. Your e-mail form on your website still crashes each time I try to use it!

2. What about the PLK? Are you making a 64-bit version soon! Seems like the CORE release in Q4 is just a rumour and I would rather believe its gonna be Q2 in 2010! So it would be most appreciated if you could find a solution to get access for the import of Poser rigs and stuff even if you use 64 bit versions of LW!

Thanks, I will work on that contact page right now. We moved servers and just need to change a permission file :D.

I will check with the developer for the 64 bit again. Depends on the demand. But I will say, we have a lot of users importing on a 32 bit platform then opening in the 64 bit. One extra step, but works great :)

Daphne
02-18-2009, 03:09 PM
I'm chiming in a bit late here but had to comment.

Wes, you are wonderful for being there and helping that child! Wish there were more folks like you.

With regards to customer service, Kurv is phenomenal. I have ordered a bunch of DVD's and the service has always been top-notch. I have also spoken with Wes. He is a super nice guy and incredibly helpful.

kurv
02-18-2009, 09:32 PM
I'm chiming in a bit late here but had to comment.

Wes, you are wonderful for being there and helping that child! Wish there were more folks like you.

With regards to customer service, Kurv is phenomenal. I have ordered a bunch of DVD's and the service has always been top-notch. I have also spoken with Wes. He is a super nice guy and incredibly helpful.

Daphne, thank you for the kind words. I can not say much about the case online but she is so precious, and such a great little girl. We are just blessed to have her.

Thank you!