PDA

View Full Version : Pre-core books

art
02-16-2009, 02:15 PM
I'm trying to dispose of some of the books that I accumulated over the years. As much as I'd love to keep all my lightwave books, perhaps the has come to say goodbye to them. New core is on the horizon. Any insigths?

mccabejc
02-16-2009, 02:23 PM
I think you should throw them all out. Also just toss your copy of LW. Because Core is here. Core ROCKS !!!

I'm sure there will be a fully functional version of Core in the next few weeks. And it will have more functionality than LW 9.6. So what's to worry?

Core ROCKS !!!

And just ignore the trolls and doubters who disagree. Because CORE ROCKS !!!

Jockomo
02-16-2009, 02:44 PM
Wait... is it here? Or is it a few weeks away? It's one or the other :P

jasonwestmas
02-16-2009, 02:46 PM
hehe I wouldn't throw out LW9.6 till Core is actually released in its
fully realized 1.0 version.

Cageman
02-16-2009, 03:04 PM
Don't feed the trolls... :)

Alliante
02-16-2009, 03:07 PM
Don't feed the trolls... :)

but...but.....
they're so hungry....
and they keep whining outside my virtual windows

Additional
woot! My 313'th post! (sorry, it's kinda a big deal)

JeffrySG
02-16-2009, 03:18 PM
I'm trying to dispose of some of the books that I accumulated over the years. As much as I'd love to keep all my lightwave books, perhaps the has come to say goodbye to them. New core is on the horizon. Any insigths?

If you had some you didn't want I'd post that you want to sell them in the classified areas here and on spinquad.com and on foundation3d.com and at CGSociety.com in the LW area.

You could also sell them on Craigslist to someone in your local area.

:)

art
02-16-2009, 03:48 PM
Selling them crossed my mind of course, but would anyone buy them? Amazon marketplace has some of the used LW books starting at under a $1

Hopper
02-16-2009, 04:08 PM
I think modeling techniques and such will still apply. I would tend to bet that they will still be useful - even using Core.

Silkrooster
02-16-2009, 05:10 PM
Another thought is to donate them to your local library or school. Who knows maybe it will inspire someone.

Celshader
02-16-2009, 08:52 PM
Selling them crossed my mind of course, but would anyone buy them?

Try Powell's! Go to Powell's (http://powells.com/) online store and click on "Sell Us Your Books." If they want your book, they'll give you store credit and pay for your shipping if you ship within the United States. The only cost to you is the box you use to ship the books.

When I checked two weeks ago, Powell's was offering store credit for these LightWave books:

LightWave 3D [8]: 1001 Tips & Tricks
LightWave Applied, version 6.5 & 7

Their demands change from week to week, though. Also, the book must be in good condition.

If the book is not in good condition, or if Powell's does not want it, consider offering it on book trading sites like BookMooch (http://bookmooch.com/).

art
02-17-2009, 07:42 AM
@Celshader
That's a nice website. I'll try sell my non-LW books there as well.

There is still a lot of useful stuff in older LW books, modeling, lighting, texturing tips,etc, but I do not want to keep too many books, because one chapter here and there is still good. I would if I had enough bookshelf space, but I do not :(

I'll probably donate what I cannot sell anyway. I did so last year. They did not even look what books I had in the box. The library might end up thrashing the LW books, who knows.