PDA

View Full Version : Video Tutorial: Getting Ready to Theme Core

Matt
02-15-2009, 05:25 PM
Okay, so we can't actually theme Core just yet as it's not available, but I've been getting up to speed with Qt Designer and styling using CSS in preparation for it's release.

I'm no expert with Qt Designer or CSS, but this video just shows what I've discovered so far, it may help some people get up to speed who are totally new to this.

Also, we don't know exactly how styling will be implemented in Core, or what level of control we may have. So using Qt Designer is only useful for practising CSS definitions on Qt gadgets, and seeing how they react.

Hope you find it useful!

Video Tutorial: Getting Ready to Theme Core (www.creactive-design.co.uk/lightwave/tutorials/Theming_Core.rar) (QT H.264 47MB RAR Achive)

GregMalick
02-15-2009, 05:40 PM
Aloha Matt,

This is one of the many reasons I suggested in the CORE forum that your UI suggestions (over the years) be taken very seriously.

I hope that sometime in the future you join the hardCore team and become involved with the developers.

your friend,
Greg

Soth
02-15-2009, 05:53 PM
Hope you find it useful!

Video Tutorial: Getting Ready to Theme Core (www.creactive-design.co.uk/lightwave/tutorials/Theming_Core.rar) (QT H.264 47MB RAR Achive)
Wow, I am downloading now! :)

thomascheng
02-15-2009, 05:55 PM
Hey Matt,

I hope you are part of the hardcore program so you can start working on the UI immediately. In fact, if you are up for it. You should create a site dedicated to hosting multiple themes created by the community :)

Cageman
02-15-2009, 06:06 PM
Hey Matt!

Really cool of you to do this! I'll download the video ASAP!

Thanks! :thumbsup:

ps. This is a prime example of why the LW community is one of the best communitys! .ds

zapper1998
02-15-2009, 06:10 PM
cool....

tk matt

michael

Hopper
02-15-2009, 06:51 PM
Nice job Matt. Very informative and will be quite helpful when I start skinning new themes. :thumbsup:

-Cheers

geothefaust
02-15-2009, 07:06 PM
Right on Matt! :thumbsup: That's excellent.

hrgiger
02-15-2009, 07:06 PM
Wow, this looks promising. I'm also downloading right now. Thanks Matt.

JeffrySG
02-15-2009, 09:53 PM
Okay, so we can't actually theme Core just yet as it's not available, but I've been getting up to speed with Qt Designer and styling using CSS in preparation for it's release.

I'm no expert with Qt Designer or CSS, but this video just shows what I've discovered so far, it may help some people get up to speed who are totally new to this.

Also, we don't know exactly how styling will be implemented in Core, or what level of control we may have. So using Qt Designer is only useful for practising CSS definitions on Qt gadgets, and seeing how they react.

Hope you find it useful!

Can't wait to watch this Matt!! Thanks!!!

If NT is reading this - I'd personally recommend getting Matt into the CORE program just so we can have him work on amazing interfaces for us all here!

(it might even be worth it for Matt to get a free CORE membership)
hint hint ;)

kfinla
02-15-2009, 10:19 PM
Great stuff.. hope your able to make a vX2 themed one.

Larry_g1s
02-15-2009, 11:42 PM
Thanks Matt, I appreciate it.

EDIT: How come I can't open it in WinRar?

ps. This is a prime example of why the LW community is one of the best communitys! .ds:agree:

Matt
02-16-2009, 12:51 AM
EDIT: How come I can't open it in WinRar

Really, just tried downloading and opening, worked for me! Maybe you have an old version of WinRAR?

Thanks for all the kind comments guys.

Larry_g1s
02-16-2009, 01:06 AM
Really, just tried downloading and opening, worked for me! Maybe you have an old version of WinRAR?

Thanks for all the kind comments guys.I'll check in to it, though I only downloaded it about 2 weeks ago.

On a side note, why do people use rar instead of .zip, when .zip is built in to windows (thus free)?

simonlion
02-16-2009, 01:06 AM

Hope you find it useful!

Thanks for the Tutorial
Simon

simonlion
02-16-2009, 01:07 AM
Thanks Matt..
Simon

hazmat777
02-16-2009, 01:12 AM
Great overview! Thanks Matt :)

geothefaust
02-16-2009, 01:17 AM
I'll check in to it, though I only downloaded it about 2 weeks ago.

On a side note, why do people use rar instead of .zip, when .zip is built in to windows (thus free)?

Hey man.

WinRAR can compress/decompress more file types, and also compress more information into a smaller file. It also has more features. :)

OlaHaldor
02-16-2009, 01:22 AM
And there's several free applications that can do .rar on Mac OS... The war has begun once again..! :D

I'm downloading and can't see it until abut 1700 hours. DOH!

Matt
02-16-2009, 01:50 AM

As mentioned already, RAR archives compress better.

WhereMyArm
02-16-2009, 01:52 AM

WinRAR might not be completely free software, but 7zip (http://www.7-zip.org/) is (and it's open source!) and it can open/compress to even more types of archives. (including rar)

I'd also just like to add to compliments, and say that Matt should keep up the amazing work. I really dig your interfaces, man. :)

ncr100
02-16-2009, 01:54 AM
Trying this on Mac:

* Change to single window: Designer... > Preferences > Appearance > User Interface Mode > Docket Window
* Mac version seems to be missing the shortcut "background-color" in the CSS editor. It still allows color picking, and it pastes "rgb(123,123,123)" but does NOT paste "background-color:" so go ahead and type that before you pick your color.

http://i41.tinypic.com/2uz9jcp.png

Thanks for digging in & reporting your findings Matt!

-Nick

dballesg
02-16-2009, 02:12 AM
Very good tutorial Matt! Thanks for doing it :)

But I can foresee an upcoming "Tackiest LW Interface Contest" :devil:

David

Matt
02-16-2009, 02:37 AM
* Mac version seems to be missing the shortcut "background-color" in the CSS editor. It still allows color picking, and it pastes "rgb(123,123,123)" but does NOT paste "background-color:" so go ahead and type that before you pick your color.

Did you click the button, or pop down the arrow (see blue circled part on image) to give which definition you want a new color on?

LW3D
02-16-2009, 02:48 AM
Very good tutorial Matt!

When will we see your great Interface Design Project on Qt :) or Core :)

ncr100
02-16-2009, 02:53 AM
Did you click the button, or pop down the arrow to give which definition you want a new color on?

Bah HA! The dropdown button displays the list...I was clicking the text only!

Check out their nasty dropdown button tho & you will understand my difficulty - that combobox is _nasty_:

http://i40.tinypic.com/25qao7p.png

Thx for the idea!

Matt
02-16-2009, 02:56 AM
When will we see your great Interface Design Project on Qt :) or Core :)

Now I've put this tutorial out, someone is probably going to do it before me!

:(

benhaines
02-16-2009, 04:10 AM
Hey Matt,

I hope you are part of the hardcore program so you can start working on the UI immediately. In fact, if you are up for it. You should create a site dedicated to hosting multiple themes created by the community :)

PresetCentral.com (http://www.presetcentral.com) will support UI at launch... and hopefully a few more exciting things!

hrgiger
02-16-2009, 05:46 AM
Trying this on Mac:

* Change to single window: Designer... > Preferences > Appearance > User Interface Mode > Docket Window

http://i41.tinypic.com/2uz9jcp.png

Thanks for digging in & reporting your findings Matt!

-Nick

Yuk, that's ugly. It looks like a Mac interface!:D

harlan
02-16-2009, 06:22 AM
Thanks Matt, you're a good man, regardless of what anyone else tells you. ;)

cheers mate

Weetos
02-16-2009, 06:24 AM
Amazing stuff Matt ! It's really promising, I can't wait to see what you come up with when Core is out

Just one thing, nothing important, but I believe 'Qt' is supposed to be pronounced 'Cute', not 'Cutie' - see http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Qt_(toolkit)

Matt
02-16-2009, 07:31 AM
Amazing stuff Matt ! It's really promising, I can't wait to see what you come up with when Core is out

Just one thing, nothing important, but I believe 'Qt' is supposed to be pronounced 'Cute', not 'Cutie' - see http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Qt_(toolkit)

Yeah I knew that, but have got into the habit of calling it Q-T before I knew how it was meant to be pronounced!

:D

Kuzey
02-16-2009, 07:44 AM
Nice work Matt :thumbsup:

Kuzey

Bytehawk
02-16-2009, 08:46 AM
thanks for that video, Matt
nice to see this css styling. It looks very promising.

let's hope NT shows us some more soon so we can get a head start.

Myagi
02-16-2009, 08:53 AM
cool video! I feel tempted to prepare an LW8 / 9 theme :)

COBRASoft
02-16-2009, 11:03 AM
Nice tutorial Matt.

Orimar
02-16-2009, 05:05 PM
Great work as always. Thanks Matt.

.O.

Matt
02-16-2009, 05:12 PM
Something else I discovered after chatting with Antti, say you had two banks of buttons, one at the top and one down the side, and you wanted to use push buttons on both, but have them styled differently, you can put your buttons inside a frame, and have Qt style any buttons that are a child of that frame.

You can then target each frame to style differently, I'll probably do a quick video to show this, but the CSS code goes something like this:

QFrame#NAME_OF_FRAME > QPushButton{

/* Styling definitions go in here */

}

The # symbol then the name is how you target a specific item.

The > symbol is 'saying' QPushButton is a child of QFrame (because you've placed them inside).

Makes things easier and cleaner!

Sarford
02-16-2009, 08:07 PM
Realy nice stuff, easy as hell. They should have developed something like that for designing websites, would have saved me some hours.
I guess the rest of the package is for tying the interface to your code (program code that is)?

VirtualFM
02-17-2009, 07:23 AM
Hey Matt! Great work!

From the 3 designs you made I prefer the second one. Why?! Well, even if the other anes are also cool, and I even like the XSI interface, from those 3, the second one is a obvious choice for me becasue of the screen state! It takes much less space, in pixels, and thoose will be usefull for the display of viewports and/or windows. I'm all for smaller buttons... I even find the standard bars in Windows to be too damn large! Specially XP... I always make them as small as possible (in height).

Well... because the zip format is to compression formats like the VHS was for video! Widelly spread, but not the better one.

RAR *really* compresses files. If you try this very same file you will see that the RAR format compressed to 25% of the original size (186MB), making a 47MB file. Now if you try to compress it using ZIP, even at the "best compression" setting it will get you to a file wich is 89% of the original one (166MB). That's quite a difference, don't you think?!

Besides, RAR reads 7Z files (an even better compression format in some occasions), LZH (also better than Zip but mostly used on the Amiga a long time ago. Still used here and there), ACE, (another one better than ZIP), ISO (try to read a ISO using ZIP! You would have to use some other application like ISO Burner to extract files form ISO files, RAR treats it just like any other archive), and ARJ (I really liked ARJ in the DOS times, and I miss it!) among others.

And the way it handles multiple files is way better. Should I go on?! Oh, yes... it can create ZIP files for the poor bastards that don't use RAR. :-)

Matt
02-17-2009, 08:27 AM
Hey Matt! Great work!

From the 3 designs you made I prefer the second one

Just want to point out, I am not doing any of those UI's, it was just a test to show what you _can_ do!

Wickster
02-17-2009, 12:35 PM
Truly awesome Matt. Downloading now.

Now I wonder if this will work for those who are learning Python and using PyQt to skin their plugins.

Matt
02-17-2009, 12:40 PM
Now I wonder if this will work for those who are learning Python and using PyQt to skin their plugins.

No need to do that, Core will have an abstraction layer so plugin writers can access the controls using the Core SDK.

Matt
02-17-2009, 01:22 PM
Decided to do a quick video to show how you can target gadgets inside frames to change their style.

It's a really handy way to change many gadgets at once, but allowing you to target certain ones.

Video Tutorial: Targetting Gadgets in Frames (www.creactive-design.co.uk/lightwave/tutorials/Targetting_Gadgets_in_Frames.rar) (QT H.264 47MB RAR Achive)

Cheers
Matt

phillydee
02-17-2009, 02:00 PM
Matt!!! I've been one of your biggest vX project fans--been anticipating this for a while... wooot!

Thanks for the vids, I'm gonna have a good hard look....

Cheers man. Props, mad mad props.

Phil

Matt
02-19-2009, 09:21 PM
Teaser ... (http://www.creactive-design.co.uk/lightwave_vx/)

zapper1998
02-19-2009, 10:12 PM
its all wrong use the Bryce UI

hehehe :)

Larry_g1s
02-19-2009, 11:20 PM
Teaser ... (http://www.creactive-design.co.uk/lightwave_vx/)Seriously Matt, you could make a couple extra bucks with a package of CORE themes for sale. Bundle 3-4 cool/useful themes, keep the price reasonable, and you've got some extra money & a LW community with some pretty nice looking and user friendly interfaces. I'm thinking something like iPhone apps. they're cool little things, non are too expense, so it's any easy impulse buy. lol

EDIT: I just saw that there was a link, very slick video! Nice track too.

GregMalick
02-20-2009, 01:09 AM
Seriously,

That was a whole lotta excitement over very little functionality.

NewTek ought to forgo the $495 and put you in the hardCore group in exchange for a few slick marketing videos.

Give us More!

Matt
02-20-2009, 02:26 AM
Seriously,

That was a whole lotta excitement over very little functionality.

NewTek ought to forgo the $495 and put you in the hardCore group in exchange for a few slick marketing videos.

Give us More!

There will be more as it starts to come together, still a long way to go, with many tweaks along the process no doubt.

Just wanted to do a little video after I managed to get the Qt frames all behaving right (and then went a little overboard on after that! 'Twas Fun!)

:)

JBT27
02-20-2009, 03:26 AM
Now I've put this tutorial out, someone is probably going to do it before me!

:(

Funny :)

I have a friend, quite elderly now, who tells me it is the knowledge that counts in the end, not who gets there first.....

.....yeah.....I still have a problem with that one.....:D

Thanks for the video, very useful!

Julian.

Matt
02-20-2009, 04:12 AM
Nice track too.

Massive Attack "I am home", (Unleashed / Danny the Dog Soundtrack)

Matt
02-21-2009, 06:39 AM
I've had a few people ask me how I have CORE so early, so thought I would respond here to clear up any confusion ...

I don't have CORE, I'm not even on the Beta, I just mocked up the interface shown in the screenshots Jay posted in Qt Designer, which is why certain parts are unfinished (I just started it) the big giveaway should have been the fact that nothing works when I click on stuff!

;)

colkai
02-21-2009, 09:02 AM
Hehe, that reminds me, must install QT on this computer :)

cresshead
02-22-2009, 03:12 PM
Decided to do a quick video to show how you can target gadgets inside frames to change their style.

It's a really handy way to change many gadgets at once, but allowing you to target certain ones.

Video Tutorial: Targetting Gadgets in Frames (www.creactive-design.co.uk/lightwave/tutorials/Targetting_Gadgets_in_Frames.rar) (QT H.264 47MB RAR Achive)

Cheers
Matt

nice video.
thanks

so 'could' we make an icon based skin if we wanted to like that of zbrush, cinema4d or maya?

Matt
02-22-2009, 03:25 PM
nice video.
thanks

so 'could' we make an icon based skin if we wanted to like that of zbrush, cinema4d or maya?

Technically, yes, but it depends how much NewTek expose the UI to CSS.

If we can only style say the push buttons globally, and not in different areas (i.e. top 'tab' bar / side buttons / main UI buttons etc.) then I fear this theming will fall short of being really useful.

It would mean I won't be able to do this (attached) despite the fact that it's perfectly possible in Qt, as this screenshot IS Qt, not a Photoshop mockup.

So, a lot is possible with Qt, it's all down to NewTek how well they implement it.

cresshead
02-22-2009, 04:24 PM
hope you don't mind but i've linked to this thread over on HC

kfinla
02-22-2009, 04:31 PM
That last one looks beautiful Matt. Definitely something you could stare at all day.

Matt
02-22-2009, 05:19 PM
hope you don't mind but i've linked to this thread over on HC

No not at all, keep me informed! :)

JeffrySG
02-22-2009, 06:41 PM
Love that video Matt! Is the music yours too? The theme from the video is really shaping up. :)

Lord Beowulf
02-22-2009, 10:22 PM
Hey Matt,

thanks a lot for the "getting started with QT designer" video. Will give it a try.

Matt
02-23-2009, 01:33 AM
Love that video Matt! Is the music yours too? The theme from the video is really shaping up. :)

I wish! No, it's Massive Attack "I am home" from the Unleashed / Danny the Dog sound track.

GregMalick
02-23-2009, 01:36 AM
Matt,

Great stuff...

More videos please. :D

Matt
02-23-2009, 04:51 AM
Matt,

Great stuff...

More videos please. :D

What more do you need to know?

Lord Beowulf
02-23-2009, 09:07 AM

Actually could u give us a Qt mock up to start with? I find it difficult to choose the right stuff for global layout... should i use dock widgets or frames or whatsoever... at least a hint would be fine! Thanks in advance.

Matt
02-23-2009, 12:40 PM
Actually could u give us a Qt mock up to start with? I find it difficult to choose the right stuff for global layout... should i use dock widgets or frames or whatsoever... at least a hint would be fine! Thanks in advance.

Probably better if I show more on laying out stuff.

I've not used Dock Widgets, but I think I might now, as that's what CORE looks like it's using!

It's all pretty straight forward really. There are a number of controls that can be containers for other gadgets, just pick the type depending on what you want to do.

So if you want a container to dock / un-dock, then use a Dock Widget, if you just want to lay something out, use a frame.

Then pick the type of layout you want Qt to manage:

Vertically
Vertically (with splitter - allows user to grab and resize)
Horizontally
Horizontally (with splitter)
Grid
Grid Form
Remember, anything that can contain something else can use any of these layout controls.

Also, you can apply these layouts to the whole window to layout ALL your gadgets (ones inside containers stay inside, and keep any layouts applied).

When using the grid layout, I've found it helps to layout your gadgets roughly in the position you want them in first, then apply the grid layout.

You can then use the horizontal and vertical spacers in 'expanded' mode to define which layouts are 'stretchy', or if you set them to 'fixed' mode, which will remain locked.

Finally, you can edit the spacing attributes of any layout to tweak the look of them.

I'll do a more detailed video to show how to work with all this stuff.

Cheers
Matt

Lord Beowulf
02-23-2009, 12:43 PM
Hi Matt, thanks, i think that will already help out :)

mav3rick
02-23-2009, 01:01 PM
matt just impressive :) i see new lw evangelist on the way :)

wyattharris
02-23-2009, 02:07 PM
Thanks for the vid bro, very helpful. I know CSS like the back of my hand but I hadn't heard about QT before. Now that I see its a CSS UI, nothing to worry about.

Matt
02-23-2009, 03:24 PM
matt just impressive :) i see new lw evangelist on the way :)

Hehe, I'm hardly that!

cresshead
02-23-2009, 05:09 PM
re dock widgets..what happens if you don't dock them?
...can the be free floating in the u.i. or do the NEED/HAVE to dock 'somewhere'?

Matt
02-23-2009, 07:08 PM
re dock widgets..what happens if you don't dock them?
...can the be free floating in the u.i. or do the NEED/HAVE to dock 'somewhere'?

They're tear off palettes, they can be pulled off the UI and made to float, or docked elsewhere.

They're a little cumbersome though.

GregMalick
02-24-2009, 01:35 AM

What can you show regarding the Containers section?
i.e MdiArea or the different kinds of Widgets (Stacked, Tool Box).

Or What is that Graphics View Qwidget (looks interesting)?

I also tried to use "Help for current Widget"
How can I get that to work?

:D

phil lawson
02-24-2009, 02:38 AM
Really nice tutorial and preview videos Matt - shows great potential!

Matt
02-24-2009, 02:48 AM
What can you show regarding the Containers section?
i.e MdiArea or the different kinds of Widgets (Stacked, Tool Box).

Or What is that Graphics View Qwidget (looks interesting)?

I also tried to use "Help for current Widget"
How can I get that to work?

The containers should be self-evident mostly, the MDiArea (Multi Document Interface??) is a gadget that allows multi-windows inside it (think of any app' that has multiple documents inside the main window).

Stacked and Toolbox gadgets are just different ways of displaying more gadgets / information in the same area, by either folding (ToolBox) or 'pages' (Stacked).

I'm getting all my info' from these pages, and looking at the examples:

http://doc.trolltech.com/4.4/designer-manual.html

http://doc.trolltech.com/4.3/stylesheet.html

http://doc.trolltech.com/4.3/stylesheet-examples.html

Matt
02-24-2009, 12:36 PM
As promised, here's a look at controlling UI layout in Qt.

As mentioned in previous videos, laying out UIs in Qt is only useful for designing screens 'similar' to Core (until it's out and we can test CSS styling IN Core) as I don't think the plan is to be able to save out Qt .ui files and use them to design the physical layout of buttons etc.

Video Tutorial: Controlling Qt Layouts (www.creactive-design.co.uk/lightwave/tutorials/Controlling_Qt_Layouts.rar) (QT H.264 36MB RAR Achive)

P.S. I didn't plan what I was going to say in this 'tutorial', so apologies for the poor quality.

Jure
02-25-2009, 04:08 AM
Thanks Matt!

GregMalick
02-25-2009, 08:33 AM
Matt,

You are the man!

:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Matt
02-25-2009, 02:32 PM
Just a few experiments, alternative 'tab bar' and button styles, just playing around ...

Earl
02-25-2009, 02:41 PM
Very cool, Matt! I hope this helps to encourage NewTek to do everything they can to make sure we can make our own UIs. I know it is probably a lot of work on their end but surely they see (or have already seen) just how great it would be for the users to share custom themes.

Larry_g1s
02-25-2009, 02:59 PM
Matt you're killing it! :thumbsup:

wilgory
02-25-2009, 09:01 PM
Matt, great video!! I'm liking your sample interfaces, you should apply for a contract ui designer job with Newtek yesterday!!! The more awesome screengrabs, the better. Keep up the great work!

Jure
02-26-2009, 01:57 AM
Just a few experiments, alternative 'tab bar' and button styles, just playing around ...

Very nice! I like the flat square ones... Looks more chic. ;)

Lewis
02-26-2009, 02:17 AM
P.S. I didn't plan what I was going to say in this 'tutorial', so apologies for the poor quality.

Hmm so you just say some random stuff totally unplanned and tell us that's IT :D :D :D ;).

P.S.
Great work Matt, as usual ;).

Matt
02-26-2009, 02:40 AM
Edit, commented retracted! Probably for the best!

Matt
02-26-2009, 02:41 AM
Hmm so you just say some random stuff totally unplanned and tell us that's IT :D :D :D ;)

Yup! I was meant to be talking about baking bread, and before you know it, I was talking about UIs again! Dang it!

;)

MooseDog
02-26-2009, 07:27 AM
thx for the vids matt as well as ownership of this side project.

when i have some free time, i'd like to pick me up some learning of qt designer, but in the meantime, i'll just ask questions :D.

is there a way to move a row of buttons in one direction or another in order to create some blank space?

i know that's vague, i took the liberty of hacking to death your excellent work as it describes the question better:

Matt
02-26-2009, 12:06 PM
thx for the vids matt as well as ownership of this side project.

when i have some free time, i'd like to pick me up some learning of qt designer, but in the meantime, i'll just ask questions :D.

is there a way to move a row of buttons in one direction or another in order to create some blank space?

i know that's vague, i took the liberty of hacking to death your excellent work as it describes the question better:

Yes, you could either:

- Add a fixed vertical spacer set to the size you want to offset, assuming all those buttons are in a frame, which on my mock-up they are

- Create a unique CSS definition for the top button and set the top margin to offset it, something like this:

QPushButton#TOP_BUTTON_OBJECT_NAME{
margin-top: 23px; /* Or however many pixels you need */
}

Matt
02-28-2009, 07:29 AM
Hmmmmmmm, something like this _should_ be possible is Qt, as it supports transparency.

This is a quick Photoshop mockup to see if it was worth knocking up in Qt.

kfinla
02-28-2009, 07:59 AM
That glass theme is pretty sweet too. When Core is in ppl's hands it seems like people are gonna be trading UI themes like ppl share materials in zbrush.

Soth
02-28-2009, 08:07 AM
Hmmmmmmm, something like this _should_ be possible is Qt, as it supports transparency.

I love this one +Tab to switch everything off anyway. In Modo you can work full screen - this is preatty demn useful!

Roly
02-28-2009, 08:54 AM

Beautiful layout Matt you got there. I like the way tabs are designed, way
better than CORE's ( I know that's subject to change ). I don't like the
double naming on screens. By "Modify" do you mean all the tools under
Modeling? Have you tried the Qt Creator yet? I know, to many questions
at once. :D

Lewis
02-28-2009, 09:59 AM
I love this one +Tab to switch everything off anyway. In Modo you can work full screen - this is preatty demn useful!

Yes but not with TAB key, that must stay as Subpatch On/Off or it's not LW anymore :D :D.

Soth
02-28-2009, 11:25 AM
Yes but not with TAB key, that must stay as Subpatch On/Off or it's not LW anymore :D :D.

hihi
Whatever, I said Tab becouse it is Tab in the Layout.

EDIT: I guess Roly is right, NumKeys +,- for setting SubPatch level does great job in XSI.

Roly
02-28-2009, 12:37 PM

I prefer XSI's way. You press the + or - on the numeric keypad with the
same effect as the tab key in Modeler. Tap the + key one more time
and you add another level of subd to the object, press - and you decrease
levels, is that easy; but may be is just a process of adaptability.
:thumbsup:

MooseDog
02-28-2009, 03:28 PM

do it! just a beautifully killer design.

Larry_g1s
02-28-2009, 07:09 PM

This is a quick Photoshop mockup to see if it was worth knocking up in Qt.I really like that design Matt.