PDA

View Full Version : shows only the box

Leprechaun
08-13-2003, 03:33 PM
After i have made a lil animation and i want to see what it looks like i press the play arrow. The problem is, is that all that it shows moving around is the box that surounds the object. How do i make it so i can see the objects and not just the box? Also i can see the objects when the animation isnt playing so i know its not in that mode that jsut shows the box.
thanks
P.S. im very new to this so it may be a simple problem but i dont know how to fix it.

Macet01
08-13-2003, 04:28 PM
If you go to Layout --> Options --> Display options you will see a setting for Bounding Box Threshold. Crank this number up. A bounding box will be used to represent your model until this setting is equal to or greater than the number of polys in your model. I have attached a picture of the window to show you. Hope this helps.

Leprechaun
08-13-2003, 06:19 PM
i tried it, but it was already set on 1000 and it cant go any higher. I still have the same problem though. Thanks anyway. could there be any other things that i could try?

Leprechaun
08-13-2003, 06:22 PM
hmm i seemed to have fixed it by clicking on that thing that says preview next to the lil vcr looking buttons. But when i still click on those buttons all i can see is teh box. I can see teh models though if i do the other stuff. It jsut seems kind of weird

richpr
08-13-2003, 06:57 PM
The box should go higher... Type 45000...

Mine is set to 60000

sculptactive
08-13-2003, 11:56 PM
You need to physical change the Bounding Box Threshold number to at least 10,000 by typing in the amount and hit the return or tab key. Using the arrows to change the numeric value rarely works probably.