PDA

View Full Version : "Newtek Core" Thread Unavailable

Andrewstopheles
02-14-2009, 07:16 PM
Since several days before the Core announcement I have been unable to view the "Newtek Core" thread. I am certain that's where all the news and discussion is, since there's little elsewhere. I am prepared to pay for my Hardcore membership but I would like to know what is happening with CORE first - has anyone got it yet? Is the beta available for download yet?
The marketing worked, I want it, but I am not stupid enough to pay for it if I don't know what's going on. Why pay now if I can wait until March 31st? There's no obvious reason unless the beta is available... if that's the case then I want to start using it now so I'll pay. How would I know? I've looked around on the website many times over the last week but I can't seem to find any answers, so I guess the "NewTek Core" thread has some? Someone please set me straight...

Sarford
02-15-2009, 06:09 AM
Core beta is not out yet. No new information has surfaced yet. If what you know now isn't enough to start the Hardcore membership you'll have to wait.
Newtek said there would be more information on core before march 31 so that people who are still on the fence can then decide if they wanna join or not.

akademus
02-16-2009, 02:17 AM
it works from here

Andrewstopheles
02-16-2009, 06:43 PM
I've tried to access the thread from three different physical locations, and multiple computers at those locations - I have two PC's at home and three at work, and tried my friend's place as well - no luck.
I can wait for the next wave of info - I just don't know what I am missing in the main discussion so worry that I am missing key info.

Amurrell
02-16-2009, 09:12 PM
The thread is only open to those who have paid to join HardCORE. Either way if you join now you'd save hundreds on the app. I think it's enough to say that you want it, by looking at your first post, and that you should join. Then you'll get all of the news and everything else that goes with it.

Psyhke
02-16-2009, 10:29 PM
Which Newtek Core thread are we talking about? The one with 8K posts?

Matt
02-17-2009, 02:49 AM
This one?

http://www.newtek.com/forums/showthread.php?t=94254

Tobian
02-17-2009, 02:58 AM
Yeah that one, I saw andrewstopheles complaining about it... before there was a core-forum :D I just didn't have an answer. Maybe try deleting your cookies and logging in again? It's odd, i can access it fine on two different ISP's, in the UK :)

IMI
02-17-2009, 06:43 AM
Still there from where I'm sitting, too.

I do remember something about they were going to select one random forum member to perma-block from it for no reason other than to be mischievous. From what I recall, he would also be the only one on Earth not permitted to buy a HardCORE membership or a final Core license.

I sure hope it's just a coincidence, Andrewstopheles! Man, you don't know what you're missing - that thread is the greatest thing since the proverbial sliced bread. Even better. :D

Tobian
02-17-2009, 07:09 AM
From what I recall, he would also be the only one on Earth not permitted to buy a HardCORE membership or a final Core license.

gee I can hardly imagine who that could be :D

Seriously though there's little in that thread in the way of information AT ALL so don't worry about it anyway, I am sure hard facts threads will be spawned on their own by Newtek staff anyway!

Andrewstopheles
02-17-2009, 11:31 AM
Still there from where I'm sitting, too.

I do remember something about they were going to select one random forum member to perma-block from it for no reason other than to be mischievous. From what I recall, he would also be the only one on Earth not permitted to buy a HardCORE membership or a final Core license.

I sure hope it's just a coincidence, Andrewstopheles! Man, you don't know what you're missing - that thread is the greatest thing since the proverbial sliced bread. Even better. :D

I knew it! I frikkin knew it! And I bet Core is free for all the Newtek Europe members.

Yes, BTW, I am talking about the public forum not the members only one.

I am trying to be patient. I will wait it out until mid March if I must. I am sure I will buy, I just want to see what I am buying a little more clearly first.

And sadly, last night I decided to crush my $400 glasses with the door, so my intended purchase is now in jeopardy. Fortunately, I only need them to drive, so I can still use LW without them.

akademus
02-18-2009, 01:21 AM
And sadly, last night I decided to crush my $400 glasses with the door, so my intended purchase is now in jeopardy. Fortunately, I only need them to drive, so I can still use LW without them.

Yeah, but who got you glasses in the first place :D