PDA

View Full Version : Slo mo in 3Play...slo mo in SE?

Verlon
02-13-2009, 10:10 PM
Since NT has created 3Play with HD SloMo in realtime, maybe we could get it added to SE in (however fast our computers are)time?

Rich Deustachio
02-15-2009, 04:06 PM
We have slo-mo in SE, it just doesn't work well. Maybe they can use some of the 3Play technology in SE to make the slo-mo play smoothly.

Verlon
02-15-2009, 04:50 PM
We have slo-mo in SE, it just doesn't work well. Maybe they can use some of the 3Play technology in SE to make the slo-mo play smoothly.

However you choose to interpret it. People want better SloMo in SE. It looks like 3Play has it. Is it somethingwe can get in SE?

ScorpioProd
02-15-2009, 05:02 PM
Heck, people have been requesting better slow motion in VT-EDIT/SpeedEDIT for over FIVE years now!

Look at this thread of slow motion workaround attempts from FIVE years ago.

http://www.newtek.com/forums/showthread.php?t=17709

So could it be done? Will it be done? Does anyone still care if it can be done?

Only time will tell.

SpeedEDIT's slow motion wasn't even good enough for doing wedding recap slow motion when I used to edit weddings with it, IMHO.

But yes, it certainly would be nice, that is in the top 3 in my NAB requests thread.

And yes, it certainly is ironic that 3Play can do beautiful interpolated slow motion live, but if you export your files for post to SpeedEDIT from it, good luck getting slow motion from SpeedEDIT in post that could look anywhere near what 3Play does live.

DiscreetFX
02-15-2009, 07:06 PM
Pretty sure 3Play's SloMo is hardware based. NewTek would have to verify that for sure though.

Rich Deustachio
02-15-2009, 08:08 PM
I doubt it is hardware based. It is playing a recorded video clip back off the hard drive. Even if it were, it is chip hardware that has code etched on it that is software.

ScorpioProd
02-15-2009, 09:26 PM
You know, funny you mention that, Bill... I've suggested that it is hardware based in the VTNT list, and no one has said it isn't.

Jim_C
02-15-2009, 10:06 PM
You know, funny you mention that, Bill... I've suggested that it is hardware based in the VTNT list, and no one has said it isn't.

During the 3play roll out video last Friday, I asked about the slo mo in the live chat.I asked if it was better and if it would be integrated into SE/VT-SE.

The user representing Newtek answered, 'It is now interpolated', however, no word or mention if it would be added to the NLEs later.

This is FAR from gospel or the truly proper way to get an answer, but if it was going to be ported over I would have that they would be proud and happy and would be mentioning it as much as possible.

Made me immediately think (assume) it was hardware based also.

Verlon
02-15-2009, 10:43 PM
Grrrrr----arrrrgggghhhhh

Rich Deustachio
02-16-2009, 02:54 PM
Just a little FYI on slow motion. I found this article really helps understand the hows and whys of slow motion.

http://rarevision.com/v1/articles/slow_motion.php#

wvp
02-19-2009, 05:32 AM
i think the fact that it has been asked for (in VT/SE) for 5 years and now has been released in a different product says its not important to NT. You should not expect it, nor anticipate anything until it is released.
Its sad to say, but its crystal clear that the editing programs, along with 3D arsenal, are the lowest priories for NT.

UnCommonGrafx
02-19-2009, 08:29 AM
I dunno on that one, Jeff, about it being of the lowest priorities for NT...
I think present and legacy users needs would get the nod for this, at least on the Video side.

I believe Core will alleviate the need for 3dA. Ha, look at the abbreviations: LWC. Made me laugh the first time I saw this abbreviation. If NT is smart and use what they have, they will finally have a frame upon which to bolt all their IT. Or so I imagine.