PDA

View Full Version : new lwsn Controller

jgutwin
02-13-2009, 11:56 AM
Hi all. I have decided to share my "in progress" render farm controller (http://www.pepperchrome.com/Tools.html)with all who are interested.

lwsn Controller is a render farm controller that I developed using Python to provide a lot more flexibility than Layout provides. It features the ability to add or shut down render nodes without disturbing the other nodes still rendering. You can add or delete scenes to the controller while processing continues or even modify which frames to render. You can assign specific nodes to specific scenes and change assignments or use auto-assign during processing.

I call this beta software as it has only been tested by myself as yet although I have been using it with Lightwave 9.3, 9.5 and 9.6 and Vista 64-bit for several months without problems. That said, it is a work-in-progress and some features are incomplete; notably the estimated time to completion isn't right yet. I include an experimental screamer net remote starter that seems to work fine but hasn't been thoroughly tested.

This requires Python be installed on your computer and you must have a working screamernet setup. It was developed using Python 2.5 but 2.4 through 2.6 should also work. lwsn Controller is provided free to use and is open source. When you find a bug or want to make a suggestion please contact me but don't expect anything to happen very fast.

This is also posted in the support section under screamernet - but I don't proposed offering much support beyond a few messages back and forth.

Titus
02-13-2009, 12:10 PM
Thanks a lot for this tool!

wellsichris
02-13-2009, 12:29 PM
Thank you!! I can't wait to try it!

pixym
02-13-2009, 05:31 PM
Thank you very much.
Do you intend to release GTO in 64 bit?

jgutwin
02-14-2009, 04:53 AM
Do you intend to release GTO in 64 bit?

I would like to but don't have the tools to compile it.

I love programming in Python and am thrilled to see Core using it as the main scripting language. In the future I would hope to have a Python version.

pixym
02-14-2009, 05:35 AM
Thank for the reply, and thank again for this useful plug-in (GTO)