PDA

View Full Version : Motion path from spline

Captain Chaos
02-13-2009, 11:07 AM
I saw a tutorial once where a motion path was made from a spline. Can't remember how to do it now, though. Anyone know?

colkai
02-13-2009, 11:22 AM
Should be an option to save as motion path under your export menu "path to motion", save as '.mot' type. What controls the parameters of it though I have no idea, it seems you should be able to determine the timeline. If all else fails, you can scale the timeline once it's imported of course.
In layout, just select your item and choose load->motions->motion file from the menu.

colkai
02-13-2009, 11:28 AM
try this:
http://www.dstorm.co.jp/english/plugin/modeler.htm#Path2Mot
Better than the built in one, allows control of the path parameters, whats more , it still works under 9.6!

Captain Chaos
02-13-2009, 11:49 AM
I just did what you told me on the first post, and it was exactly what I was after. The only thing I don't have is making the object align to the path.

bazsa73
02-13-2009, 12:32 PM
Motion options panel ('M') and on the rotation tab there's a align. But that behaves sometimes erratically especially when a pat curve makes a 180 degree turn somwhere, then the banking flips and that is very annoying, but you can avoid it using the pole vector constraint.
Maybe you need the reverse trick as well. There is somewhere buried under the menus a 'Motion Path Extrude' command.
Extrude a one point polygon then remove polys and reconnect it again to a curve.

Captain Chaos
02-13-2009, 01:57 PM
It worked! HA! Thanks, gentlemen.