PDA

View Full Version : Layout Modeler Tools Documentation?

evolross
02-12-2009, 01:38 PM
Does anyone know where I can get documentation on the Modeler Tools tab in Layout?

I checked the 9.6 Web Help, it's not in there. I checked my 9.2 manual, it's not in there. I can't remember what version these tools were released on, but I want to know how to use them.

I've tried in the past to use them, but I can't figure out how to make a simple box or sphere. It let's you make all kinds of other crazy primitives and objects, but not the simple stuff?

I tried looking on the forum, but every time I do a keyword search longer than one word, Firefox returns a blank page and IE returns a 404! Does anyone else have this problem on multiple keyword searches on this forum? I know I've had it in the past... it's so frustrating. :mad:

adamredwoods
02-13-2009, 10:58 AM
if you're having multiple keyword problems, let NT admin know about it. I've had the same problems in the past.

As for the modeler tools in Layout, I've never figured out how to use it. I think you may need to have a .LWO file created already.

evolross
02-13-2009, 01:41 PM
I know you can make a null in Layout and then add geometry through the menus, but where are the basic primitives like box and sphere? Or even better, the documentation?

Rabbitpenny
02-15-2009, 06:35 AM
I think the objects you need are there, but you have to look further. Pick one of the odd objects and you get choices that make more sense. For instance, platonic will give you a choice of cube, among others...I had the same problem.

Rabbitpenny
02-15-2009, 06:44 AM
BTW, they only seem to work when parented to something. They won't create unless an object is highlighted...i think.