PDA

View Full Version : Two of those minor annoyances that can be really irritating at times:

alexos
02-12-2009, 07:03 AM
1) Modeler. Hide unselected. It works, but it will also make the 10th layer active for some reason (I believe it's been like that since v7 or something) so you either remember to promptly turn it off, or you might end up with stuff in the wrong layer. I dunno about the rest of the world, but I use both hide options every 10 minutes when I'm modeling, so it CAN be a real teeth-grinder.

2) Layout, and this is new to 9.6 I think... Save scene, save all objects, clear scene (or quit) -> the "save changes" requester pops up. Eh, why? Didn't I just save? What didn't I save? Did I mess with something in modeler that I don't remember? Should I save again or will that mean saving the unnecessary change I can't remember doing, but that could indeed be there?

It doesn't always happen, but it does make me panic when I'm dealing with large, complex scenes with a lot of objects, which happens... oh... on a daily basis. My beard is going grey...

ADP.

IMI
02-12-2009, 07:29 AM
What gets me is that in the View menu in Modeler, Hide Invert is there by default, but you have to manually add Select Invert, which, to me, is far more useful.

Which leads me to my next major gripe, how so many of those tools have a different plugin name than the display name, which makes it a real PITA to add tools sometimes. And you can't just go saving your menus from one version to the next, because tools get changed, added and deleted frequently, so with each new version you have to remember what they're *actually* called, in order to find them, since using an old menu might cause problems with a new build.

Well, that and we have 256 ways to bevel, but still no gizmos in Modeler. ;)

And yeah, that whole "save" thingy in Layout always makes me pause and wonder what I screwed up. Wish we just had a simple "save all models AND scene" button.

Giacomo99
02-12-2009, 07:39 AM
Alexos-

#1 sounds like a bug, and should be reported to NewTek via FogBugz. It doesn't happen on the Mac version, by the way.

As for #2, I actually LIKE it that way—in the past, I could never remember what the save state of everything was and changes occasionally got lost.

zapper1998
02-12-2009, 08:40 AM
Also when u hide something in modeler and do some changes, go to layout do a quick render, switch back to modeler and the hidden items are unhid ?? what up with that then u have to rehide the darn things again and again ???