PDA

View Full Version : License for Windows 9.6

scarabrae
02-12-2009, 05:19 AM
Hi

I am sure I am simply missing something simple. I am having difficulty entering my license number for 9.6 on 64 bit Vista.

I have read this:

"For v9.6 the 64-bit version requires a new permanent license key which will be different than your 32-bit key."

How do I generate a new permenent licence key?

Thanks

Pete

RudySchneider
02-12-2009, 07:59 AM
Go to your Newtek Registration page, and register the 64-bit version, just like you did for the 32-bit version. Then, a new key will appear on your My Products page.

scarabrae
02-12-2009, 08:10 AM
Go to your Newtek Registration page, and register the 64-bit version, just like you did for the 32-bit version. Then, a new key will appear on your My Products page.

Hi Rudy,

I had already registered my 64 bit version, prior to the release of 9.6. The license dialogue that pops up when I run LW, telling me it will run in Discovery mode appears. When I go to Help>Enter License>and enter my key> I get an errror box openning, saying Lakelicense.LS and telling me it can't open file.

Cheers anyway
Pete

RudySchneider
02-12-2009, 08:21 AM
OK... By "prior to the release of 9.6" are you saying during the beta-phase? If so, you need the earlier (9.0) key. So, take a look at your My Products page, and verify that the key you're trying to use is indeed the 64-bit, non-beta version.

That is, the 32-bit version shows "Windows" as the platform, while the 64-bit version, shows "Windows x64," and the Purchased column says "NewTek," not "Beta..."

scarabrae
02-12-2009, 09:03 AM
OK... By "prior to the release of 9.6" are you saying during the beta-phase? If so, you need the earlier (9.0) key. So, take a look at your My Products page, and verify that the key you're trying to use is indeed the 64-bit, non-beta version.

That is, the 32-bit version shows "Windows" as the platform, while the 64-bit version, shows "Windows x64," and the Purchased column says "NewTek," not "Beta..."

Definitely using my license key for windows 64 bit, non beta, I can also see beta phase II keys, but I am certainly using the one tied to my purchased license.

I'll try reinstalling 9.6. I do not have any aealier versions on my PC.

Thank you for your help

Pete

scarabrae
02-12-2009, 09:31 AM
I had 'User Account Control' turned on! Two minutes from supprt put me right.

RudySchneider
02-12-2009, 01:39 PM
Glad you sorted it out. Yeah, every once in a while I have to smack myself in the head for something I shoulda thought of myself.