PDA

View Full Version : Render with the other mac

yaschan
02-11-2009, 06:48 PM
I have one license of LW9 Mac (Im using 9.6 now).
I recently upgraded memory my second mac (iMac 2.0Ghz) and I have became interested of it's possibilities for rendering LW scenes.

Screamernet didn't really work for me as I tried it before, so I would like to render scenes independently from my main working machine.

Is it possible without having to buy second license of LW?

3dworks
02-12-2009, 05:34 AM
I have one license of LW9 Mac (Im using 9.6 now).
I recently upgraded memory my second mac (iMac 2.0Ghz) and I have became interested of it's possibilities for rendering LW scenes.

Screamernet didn't really work for me as I tried it before, so I would like to render scenes independently from my main working machine.

Is it possible without having to buy second license of LW?

check out this one

http://www.dreamlight.com/webshop/utilities/snublauncher.html

might be what you are looking for ;)

cheers

markus

jackany
02-12-2009, 08:33 AM
check out this one...

:agree:

Yes, SNUB is definitely a great tool!
I love it for the smaller projects that do not require the whole farm for frame crushing...

Scazzino
02-12-2009, 11:42 AM
:agree:

Yes, SNUB is definitely a great tool!
I love it for the smaller projects that do not require the whole farm for frame crushing...

DLI_SNUB-Launcher (http://dreamlight.com/webshop/utilities/snublauncher.html) can be used for drag-and-drop ScreamerNet UB mode -3 standalone rendering, but it can also be used to configure and launch all the ScreamerNet UB nodes in mode -2 on an entire farm... you just run it on each machine to launch as many nodes as that machine will run...

:beerchug:

jackany
02-12-2009, 05:18 PM
...can be used for drag-and-drop ScreamerNet UB mode -3 standalone rendering, but it can also be used to configure and launch all the ScreamerNet UB nodes in mode -2 on an entire farm...

Yes I do know that. I'm sorry, my statement was misleading, regarding the possibilities of SNUB-Launcher! :o Just reflected my personal usage of this nice tool.

But most of the time I go with ButterflyNetRender because of the rich feature list including status emails, node grouping, cross-platform and so on...

Waitress, two more please... :beerchug:

Scazzino
02-12-2009, 05:46 PM
Yes I do know that. I'm sorry, my statement was misleading, regarding the possibilities of SNUB-Launcher! :o Just reflected my personal usage of this nice tool.

But most of the time I go with ButterflyNetRender because of the rich feature list including status emails, node grouping, cross-platform and so on...

Waitress, two more please... :beerchug:

No problem, but I thought you had to run the BNR controller on Windows, or do they have a Mac controller now? I know they have a Mac client, but don't you still need to run the controller on Windows?

For a Mac only solution I run Catalyst's OS X ScreamerNet Controller (http://www.catalystproductions.cc/screamernet/) to manage the farm and my DLI_SNUB-Launcher (http://dreamlight.com/webshop/utilities/snublauncher.html) to configure and launch the actual ScreamerNet UB nodes.

:thumbsup:

yaschan
02-12-2009, 06:18 PM
Thank you for your ideas!
Can DLI SNUB render 9.6 scene files?

Scazzino
02-12-2009, 08:32 PM
Thank you for your ideas!
Can DLI SNUB render 9.6 scene files?

Sure, ScreamerNet UB actually does all the rendering. DLI_SNUB-Launcher just configures and launches the command-line ScreamerNet UB so you don't have to mess with it in the Terminal, just set it up and then drag-and-drop a scene on it...

jackany
02-16-2009, 11:56 AM
...but don't you still need to run the controller on Windows?

Yeah, that's true, but not a big deal with the Intel Macs. Could use VMware or Parallels, if you have a win licence at your hands. Or Linux with wine, or maybe Crossover...

I did not think of a native Mac Renderfarm, because Linux or Winclients are way cheaper for this purpose.

Wait to see if CORE will get some nice Network Render capabilities integrated.

boarslight
01-21-2010, 03:24 PM
Does snub-launcher support the camera selector plugin?

I have rendered a few scenes with it, and it will only render with the camera that is selected at the render's start frame.