PDA

View Full Version : Best way to animate in LW?

3DErAn
02-11-2009, 08:45 AM
I'm not new to lightwave...
But I've always animated using keytrak.
is there some other way to animate that's as simple and great as keytrak thesedays? :)
I know there are selection sets in the scene editor, but u still can't add bones and objects together, right?
and even if u animate only objects, it's still not the same... cause instead of selecting 1 key that represent a group, u have to select the key for all the objects...
maybe it's best using the graph editor with favorite sets?

anyways.. i would just want to hear about other good techniques.
(that is, until LWcore is out, of course :) )

thank u!

bugzilla
02-11-2009, 09:53 AM
The Scene editor (Ctrl+F1) now has a Dope Sheet which duplicates many of the features of Keytrack and has many more. Just check out the documentation to see all the great things it can do.

Netvudu
02-11-2009, 10:27 AM
True answer is thereīs a HOLE the size of Colorado since Keytrak stopped working in Lightwave.
Dopetrack is a bad copy which lacks on many of the features that Keytrak excelled at. Even with the dopesheet thereīs stuff we canīt do now. No animation layers, no selection sets with independent keyframes anymore...:(
I never understood how people was not making a huge riot when this first happened.

bugzilla
02-11-2009, 08:46 PM
Yes. I did ask for adding animation layers in my video post titled "Dear Newtek" on Youtube, which got quite a response. I haven't heard anything from Newtek about implementing this.

3DErAn
02-12-2009, 12:43 AM
Thanks for your responses.

Let's say i'm using the dope sheet, how can i create a keyframe for my selection set?
in keytrak u just hit "Enter".