PDA

View Full Version : RE:How To see All The Layers At Once In Layer Boxes

simonlion
02-11-2009, 02:25 AM
Inside layers on top of modeler,there Is 10 boxes of Layers.Then, when you clik on 2,3, and so on, you also have 10 box of layers for the other Numbers...

Is there a way so we could strecth the Layer panel so all the boxes is going to show, for example 35 boxes In 3 rows or so on, rather clicking on 2,3,4 ....

zardoz
02-11-2009, 02:50 AM
you have the layers panel/window...I use it always.

Sande
02-11-2009, 03:35 AM
Yep, using layers panel helps a lot. You can quickly jump between different open documents (ie. models) and layers with it - and rename the layers as you see fit.

I have always the layers panel, point/edge/polygon statistics and numeric panel open on the side - can't recommend it enough. :)

JeffrySG
02-11-2009, 07:19 AM
Yep, using layers panel helps a lot. You can quickly jump between different open documents (ie. models) and layers with it - and rename the layers as you see fit.

I have always the layers panel, point/edge/polygon statistics and numeric panel open on the side - can't recommend it enough. :)

:agree:
I've always done the same thing! :)
It's very easy to turn on all layers or put different layers into the Foreground or Background as well this way.

UnCommonGrafx
02-11-2009, 08:35 AM
hold shift and select the layers.

simonlion
02-15-2009, 02:06 AM
Thank you very much
Simon

Greenlaw
02-15-2009, 11:44 PM
Useful tip: if you're only concerned with one object in Modeler, you don't need to hold down Shift to select all the layers; just click in the F column next to the root name of the object (i.e., the title row above the first layer of the object.) This will activate all the layers of the object at once.

However, if you need to add other objects to the selection, then you will need to use Shift. Unfortunately, clicking on another root doesn't add all the layers of the second object to the first object's selections; from here you will have to add each additional layer to the selection manually.

Greenlaw

bazsa73
02-17-2009, 12:53 PM
I never knew that such panel exists, thanks guys.