PDA

View Full Version : why is this?

malikai666
08-13-2003, 11:57 AM
Ive made a light in modeler that starts off and than turns on and projects a light beam using morph mixer. Im pretty new with the morph properties of lightwave so this might be easy for some of you. I than copied and pasted the light.
but in layout the light actually only works for 1 of the lights. Ive added morph mixer to each and they are all on a seperate layer. It also does this when i use array rather than copy and paste. any ideas why the others dont work?
here is a pic of my set up, you can see on the screen that the lights project but not in the render?

toby
08-13-2003, 02:58 PM
What kind of surface settings are you using?

I notice that the one that shows up is at a much steeper angle to the camera - are you using an incidence angle gradient or fast fresnel?

malikai666
08-13-2003, 03:18 PM
Im not real sure as far as the angle goes.
but all the lights in the scene are exactly the same , thats why I dont understand why 1 would show up and not the others.

Triple G
08-13-2003, 03:23 PM
I would try either loading the object multiple times, or set up a scene with one object with morphmixer applied, then Load from Scene as many copies as you need.

Beamtracer
08-13-2003, 03:42 PM
I don't believe there is any fault in the application that would cause this. It must be the way these luminous tubes are set up.

Probably either the tubes aren't illuminating, or, something is blocking our view of them.

In the item properties of each tube, are they switched on? (ie, is "unseen by camera" unchecked?)

If the other tubes use a gradient that is set to "incidence angle" then the position of the camera would affect how bright they are.

I'd also recommend Triple G's suggestion of loading the same object multiple times (and then parenting each one to the main object).

Alternatley, in the surface editor you could copy and paste the surface of the first tube to the other two, just to make sure the surface settings are identical.