PDA

View Full Version : Newtek NAME MY BABY ! please read .

OnlineRender
02-10-2009, 12:00 PM
Ok so the wifes got a case of sperm poisoning again .
This will be my third child and I'am only 25 "help me " but here's the thing .....

Both my kids are nammed after computer game characters .

Lara age 3 excellent VO artist - after Lara Croft -Tomb Raider &
Nina age 2 terror - after Nina Williams Teken .

I need a list of 5 boys names and 5 girls names which have something to do with computer games "sad i know "

Once we have a list i will create a poll and Newtek forum will get to vote , the top boy and girl name that get voted the most will be the winner .

Easy

To prove this ill post the regestration papers once the kids born Obv , if all goes well .

Ps ive already mentioned CORE for a name and she dosnt like it ..shame

Cheers

OnlineRender .aka STEF

p.s my surnames SCOTT

Tzan
02-10-2009, 12:09 PM
Well Newtek proved that you can face the E in CORE in any direction.

Backwards = CORD
Down = CORN
UP = CORU

OnlineRender
02-10-2009, 12:12 PM
CorriE

geothefaust
02-10-2009, 12:14 PM
Rydia
Terra
Rosa
Peach
Daisy

:D

EDIT:

Samus

mav3rick
02-10-2009, 12:22 PM
oh my..

andrew_y
02-10-2009, 12:27 PM
Boy:
Temujin
Nogi
Swiftleaf

Girl
Porsha
August
Talbrina
Nykole

.. I'm weird like that

MAUROCOR
02-10-2009, 12:30 PM
oh my..

:agree:

Wickster
02-10-2009, 12:33 PM
Girls
Faith - Mirror's Edge
Daphne - Dragon's Lair
Tyris - Golden Axe
Yuna - Final Fantasy X/X2
Claire - Resident Evil

Boys
Leon - Resident Evil
Travis - No more Heroes
Dante - Devil May Cry
Vyse - Skies of Arcadia
Auron - Final Fantasy X
Layton - Prof. Layton

RollerJesus
02-10-2009, 12:34 PM
Boys:
Mario
Pierre (castle guard in Hero's Quest 1)
Roger (Space Quest)
Cervantes (Soul Caliber )
Guybrush (Monkey Island)

Girls:
Roberta (King's Quest designer)
Peach

That's all I got.

OnlineRender
02-10-2009, 12:35 PM
hey the last time Lara was unnammed for 1 week she was just called BABY
listen to her voice over work ,excuse the bad animation "first attempt at riggin and it didnt go so well "

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AAirw2KNRqE&feature=channel_page

http://file016b.bebo.com/7/large/2007/06/02/13/3924954482a4563234827b670032785l.jpg

Larry_g1s
02-10-2009, 12:40 PM
hey the last time Lara was unnammed for 1 week she was just called BABY
listen to her voice over work ,excuse the bad animation "first attempt at riggin and it didnt go so well "

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AAirw2KNRqE&feature=channel_page

Cute kid.
I've got 4 little ones myself, counting the on on the way. They're a blast, work, but a blast.

DXC13
02-10-2009, 12:40 PM
Here ya go :D

http://www.giantbomb.com/characters/

dballesg
02-10-2009, 12:46 PM
OK,

Because you asked and you will deal later with a traumatized child :devil:

Boys:
Box
Skelegon
Polygon
Bone

Girls;
Sphere
Camera
Light
Bevel

OnlineRender
02-10-2009, 12:49 PM
LOL you forgot UV

Titus
02-10-2009, 12:50 PM
Boy:

Will

Girl:

Kiki

geothefaust
02-10-2009, 01:39 PM
LOLO
Pitt
Luigi
Wario
Yoshimitsu
Cecil
Cid
Edgar
Sabin
Psycho Mantis
Otacon
Ocelot
Or any character from Eternal Darkness (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eternal_darkness) (one of the greatest games).

Wickster
02-10-2009, 01:49 PM
some revisions to the names that were mentioned here (lightwave related).

Spheara - Sphear
Ceecee - CC (catmull-clark)
Skeagan - Skelegon
Luxee (pronounced Lucy) - Luxigon
Kaycee - Kinematics chain
Gareed - Graph Editor
Nody - nodes
Uvee - ????

lol.

Kuzey
02-10-2009, 02:10 PM
What about:

Apple
Linux
Vista

or

Alt
Command
@
esc

:hey:

Kuzey

*Pete*
02-10-2009, 02:12 PM
Thor.
Thor.
Thor.
Thor.
Thor.

(Lw 10, codename THOR)

Verlon
02-10-2009, 02:19 PM
Ok...

Girl
Paula
Alice
Lisa
Agnes
Denise

(any hardcore NT fan knows where those names are from and they have the advantage over many video game names of not having your daughter sound like they were named by or after a stripper)

Unfortunately, many memorable male video game characters are known by titles like "Agent 13" or "Master Chief" or by CPS inciting gems like "Chaindog" or "Deathstalker." I really can't suggest these as names for a sane parent to bestow upon a child.

Perhaps
Ken (Kenneth) - Street Fighter (various incarnations)

hmm as much as I like Raphael in Soul Calibur, I really can't suggest that as a name.

Conan? Not really. Sir Lucan? Hate it, AND you need to get the kid knighted.

Kinda depends on the last name too. John Smith is out. John Jones would show a comic book inclanation. John Walker is a scotch and a famous traitor to the US. John Kowalski is no big deal.

ivanze
02-10-2009, 02:44 PM
Processor names:

Phenom
Celeron
Pentium
Athlon

:)

shadowlock
02-10-2009, 02:54 PM
Ok...

Girl
Paula
Alice
Lisa
Agnes
Denise

(any hardcore NT fan knows where those names are from and they have the advantage over many video game names of not having your daughter sound like they were named by or after a stripper)

I still have my Amiga 500 and 1200 :D

Red_Oddity
02-10-2009, 02:57 PM
let me see..

CTRL
ALT
DEL

no?

SBowie
02-10-2009, 03:00 PM
AgnesWow, I thought I was a die-hard. You would consider naming a daughter after Fat Agnes? :bowdown:

pluMmet
02-10-2009, 03:06 PM
Zelda or Link.

bobakabob
02-10-2009, 03:11 PM
OK,

Because you asked and you will deal later with a traumatized child :devil:

Boys:
Box
Skelegon
Polygon
Bone

Girls;
Sphere
Camera
Light
Bevel

LOL What a hoot. 'Poly' is almost a girl's name. But you don't want to be sued after years of sacrifice by a kid screwed up by its name.

THOR is the best suggestion so far.

Alternatively there's HAL 9000 or Holly for the computer literati.

jaxtone
02-10-2009, 03:22 PM
Congratulations to you and your families upcoming member! I totally melted by listening to your daughters voice and what a lovely picture of her in that little costume! Must say it was really creative by you to type in the words when she spoke!

I am the father of 5 myself "officially", (saying this because I used to be on tour with my rock band for 10 years, and when you done about 3 000 gigs itīs hard to judge what really happened on the road these days!)

I had my latest daughter when I was 52 and I must say that with the speed you got at your age you would at least have a football team when you strike 50! :)

When I watched your little movie I recalled that when my baby daughter was about 1 year old it already sounded like she was copying what whe were talking about. It was especially obvious when you listened to the intonation and rythm of her "baby jive talk" sessions!

What I want to say is this! Sometimes itīs not the parents who chose the babys name! I believe the name is already given before they are even born! The problem is that adults forgot about the heavenly language that we all spoke before we ruined our own imagination by mature education patterns!

Anyway, best of luck and a warm blessing for your soon a little bit bigger family... and never forget to listen to the language behind the words!

This will be my third child and I'am only 25 "help me " but here's the thing .....

Both my kids are nammed after computer game characters .

Lara age 3 excellent VO artist - after Lara Croft -Tomb Raider &
Nina age 2 terror - after Nina Williams Teken .

I need a list of 5 boys names and 5 girls names which have something to do with computer games "sad i know "

Once we have a list i will create a poll and Newtek forum will get to vote , the top boy and girl name that get voted the most will be the winner .

Easy

To prove this ill post the regestration papers once the kids born Obv , if all goes well .

Ps ive already mentioned CORE for a name and she dosnt like it ..shame

Cheers

OnlineRender .aka STEF

p.s my surnames SCOTT

Verlon
02-10-2009, 04:09 PM
Wow, I thought I was a die-hard. You would consider naming a daughter after Fat Agnes? :bowdown:

1. Not my kid. HIS.

2. Not the fat Agnes, the regular one. Of course, if she eats to much and doesn't get exercise.....Well, best tell her to keep in shape. :D

philthorn
02-10-2009, 05:22 PM
This was fun just thinking of some of my favorites...

Claire - Resident Evil
Adrienne - Phantasmagoria
Tifa - Final Fantasy VII
Jen - Primal
Alice - American McGee's Alice

Duke - Duke Nukem
Atrus - Myst
Nathan - Uncharted:Drake's Fortune
Barret - Final Fantasy VII
Gordon - Half Life

IMI
02-10-2009, 06:29 PM
I can't believe it was 29 posts before anyone mentioned Gordon from Half-Life. 8~

Gordon or Barney for a boy or Alyx or Judith for a girl.

Other names I haven't noticed suggested yet: Unknown Soldier and Player1. Of course, you could be the first one on your block to call Default to dinner. :D

Matt
02-10-2009, 06:58 PM
Well, it's either got to be:

Dirk or Daphne (Dragon's Lair)

Or

Dexter or Kimberly (Space Ace)

ted
02-10-2009, 07:45 PM
If it's a boy.....Tim.
If it's a girl...obviously......Tim. :D
What other NewTek name would be better. :thumbsup:

JeffrySG
02-10-2009, 09:03 PM
Names from Left4Dead

Girl: Zoey
Boy: Bill, Francis, Lewis

Stooch
02-10-2009, 09:36 PM
So daddy, how did you come up with Chuck as my name?

well son, since i have no imagination or personality whatsoever, i joined an online community and asked total strangers to play a game which involves them thinking for me and branding you for the rest of your life with something completely dorky sounding.

oh...

i wish i was never born.

virtualcomposer
02-10-2009, 11:19 PM
Here's a few:

GIRL:
Voxel
Zeldi
Radia (hence radiosity).
Ilumie
Fresnel
Tera

BOY:
Pixel
Rendoro
Threedee
Error (pc users only). kidding
Plugin

Well there's my two cents worth

calilifestyle
02-11-2009, 02:11 AM
So daddy, how did you come up with Chuck as my name?

well son, since i have no imagination or personality whatsoever, i joined an online community and asked total strangers to play a game which involves them thinking for me and branding you for the rest of your life with something completely dorky sounding.

oh...

i wish i was never born.

Not sure if you know this. But they make/sale books on kids names. it no different then talk or asking your family. sometimes it hard to come up with names for kids. i would go with an Aztec name thou ;-)

oh i like Akuma.

DiedonD
02-11-2009, 03:39 AM
Congratulations on the boy :thumbsup:

Youve been hunting for a boy have you :D ? Come on admit it. 3 girls and alas a boy in the end is it?

Thats what we do here. Hunt for the boy, and some have 5 girls, and the wife is of course pregnant again LOL

Anyway

Id be honored to name your boy. Its good enough that youd even read the ones below for me!

You prefer game characters and LW related huh?

How about these then:

Robert - Roberto the tough iron boxer in Onimusha 4 - Dawn of dreams

Paul - Teken

King - Teken

Snake - Dont take me seriosly on this one. Snake series though. Pretty
tough soldier. Or perhaps consider his 'real' name, that I dont recall at the moment.

Cori - CORE

Juleen - Theres a tool named like that in LW. Sounds like a gorl name to me, but perhaps its one of them both gender names to you.

Raziel - Legacy of Kain series. My best EVER character thus far BTW.

This is it thus far. If I remember anything else, Ill make sure to let you know.

Now do keep us posted whenever the delivery day comes willya!

Man, this is a great thread!

This is the fourth kid huh! Do you have any persuasive techniques you used on your wife thus far? Id like to see weather it may work with mine ;)

shrox
02-11-2009, 03:48 AM
I vote for James Tiberius.

For a girl how about Tanqueray, I heard that on Beavis and Butthead. No, not that. How about Jackie Bouvier.

OnlineRender
02-11-2009, 04:04 AM
Wish my work got this much action , lol (",) . To Jaxtone thanks your word's where kind , also 52 when you had your kid , GET IN THERE SON !

Hey when i tell Lara & Nina when there older there both named after hot video game characters remembering when there 25 years old ,it will be 2030 so times will change and we with it . so in retrospect i belive calling my daughters after something thats embeded from the Commodor 64 or Zinclair days has a fair reflection on the world .

Art challenges technology, and technology inspires art.

In truth the wifes battared me over the head , for this unauthordoxed approach but Hey you only get one shot and in the end its only a name , but she's warming to Cori .

Newtek sponsor a child :P

DiedonD
02-11-2009, 04:10 AM
...Hey you only get one shot and in the end its only a name , but she's warming to Cori .

Yaaaaaaayyyy!!! My idea guys:):):)

So nice to hear that my idea of a name may have a better chance of beeing used in naming the upcoming baby across the other side of Europe :D

Can we consider that Cori will be on the poll of 5 names then?

OnlineRender
02-11-2009, 04:22 AM
DiedonD in short "Yes" , remember i live in Glasgow , Stab capital of Europe so it has to be hardcore " Ironnnyyyyy "

Where going for a scan today think they will see this ?

Newtek Sponsor a Child for the day :P
http://www.onlinerender.com/scan2.jpg

Iain
02-11-2009, 04:33 AM
This isn't a joke?

'kin 'ell.

DiedonD
02-11-2009, 04:38 AM
DiedonD in short "Yes" , remember i live in Glasgow , Stab capital of Europe so it has to be hardcore " Ironnnyyyyy "

Where going for a scan today think they will see this ?

Newtek Sponsor a Child for the day :P

Oh I know S(ch)cotland my friend :) Scottish accent is my favorite to use in English language. But do you know where I am from? Thats Kosova Republic :) Europes Youngest and Oldest nation :) .

Heres a zoomin, Italy, accross the Adriatic Sea, you have then Albania, north east to Albania its Kosova. So its like the other side of Europe, since youre on that Island up there in GB.

Thats what I meant by distance :)

What do you mean stab capital of Europe? Stab like betrayal, or real knife stab!

Your going to see the doc for a scan I gather. Who will see your scan you ask? The docs? Well I dont think theyll mind! I mean its your kid!

A wonderful image of your baby you have rewarded the forums with there friend :)

Wonderful indeed...

OnlineRender
02-11-2009, 04:38 AM
unfortunalty not

DiedonD
02-11-2009, 04:43 AM
Why shuold it be a joke. Heres one of our fellow LWers giving us the honor of competing to name his future offspring with!

I dont get to see that in regular basis! Look at the reachout! How safe and united, in common grounds, humanity and freedom this all seems to me.

Stef has entrusted us to name his boy! Isnt that wonderful?!

Iain
02-11-2009, 04:51 AM
Stef has entrusted us to name his boy! Isnt that wonderful?!

Yeah I'm just an old-fashioned "pick my own childrens' names out of the ones my wife and I like," type of guy I guess.

Opportunity missed-I should have called my daughters Mario and Luigi!

DiedonD
02-11-2009, 05:30 AM
Stef nevermind them.

I think its a great idea to ask for help in naming your kids. Besides, its not that we will name your kid without your prior consent. No, not at all.

You asked for ideas in names, we are helpfully giving to you. I dont get why may this simple thing cause unrest with some.

OnlineRender
02-11-2009, 10:28 AM
I can understand some people's point of view on this issue and to be truthful I would probably be " say what !" , but I have named both my kids and I need some new ideas ,mainly due to the fact that ive read the big 50000 children's name book and I have drawn a blank , so I might aswell make it some fun and introduce other peoples opinions and thoughts ,the point of any forum is community , I never thought for 1 second that this would have got so much attention , in truth I thought it would get lost in the forum section and a few people might throw in some names , but fek it , IM going all the way with this post ,top 5 of both sex will be picked by the end of the week , then ill give you the chance to vote , the winner or most votes will be final , obv things like wolverine will be sadly avoided as mentioned I live in Glasgow and yes stab "knife capital of Europe " , so there will be some common sense , to a certain extent .

The reason I posted only on Newtek was not only to gain knowledge but most people who post here are intelligent but also have been well traveled and educated to high standard .

Quiet1onTheSet
02-11-2009, 10:42 AM
While the ironic "sperm poisoning" quip gave cause for every fiber in ma' being ta' cringe, I must say, Om' really diggin' 'dat ultrasound pic.

What a cutey you've got there.

Hmmmmp! Wonder how the doc' managed to simultaneously capture in both, 2 and 3D (sic)...
:lwicon:

DiedonD
02-11-2009, 10:47 AM
Why did I get the idea that its a boy, when you dont know, and are asking for both girl and boy names!

Have you checked the gender? I wonder weather this 'strangers boy hunch' magically becomes a true estimate or not :hey:

Anyway, girl names:

Well theres always Ana, Ninas sister at Teken :hey: . Hope they dont fight eternally though.

Well, cant think of any other at the mo... But luckily some of the ones I gave are for both genders, yeah?

OnlineRender
02-11-2009, 10:53 AM
Short List for Girls , Cori ,Alex , Faith , and again we get stuck , DiedonD i think thats just my sheer will for it to be a boy , i dont think i can handdle another girl , 3 girls a wife plus my two 2 dogs , i think i would go mental , think happy thoughts ....

The Dommo
02-11-2009, 10:58 AM
BOYS:
Lion
Tiger
Bear

GIRLS:
Oh my

UltraViolet
02-11-2009, 11:07 AM
Girl:

Leeloo (5th Element: movie and video game)

Boy:

Zorg (5th Element again, lol) :D

OnlineRender
02-11-2009, 11:10 AM
While the ironic "sperm poisoning" quip gave cause for every fiber in ma' being ta' cringe, I must say, Om' really diggin' 'dat ultrasound pic.

What a cutey you've got there.

Hmmmmp! Wonder how the doc' managed to simultaneously capture in both, 2 and 3D (sic)...
:lwicon:

Sperm Poisoning , I should really change that makes me sound like a Glasgow Ned =,Non-Educated Delinquent but after your 2nd baby it gets shall i say a bit boring ,hence why im posting .

plus if you watch BBC3 you would have found it rather amussing

OnlineRender
02-11-2009, 11:32 AM
I love my kids infact i would give my Life without a single thought , which is why when i got back from NewYork i went straight into Education , not only passing but passing with straight A's threw 4 years of hell , i have chossen LW as my main 3d package and brings up the question have i made the correct dessicion most companies in the UK use Maya or Max , so when you say why are you on Newtek asking for names? , i suppose i have some connection may it be fate or the path i have walked .
I endevour to be the best , i want the best for my kids but also for myself , i want them to have the chance that i never got , not spoilt , not pushed , but driven , I havent had the easist of lifes and not for 1 second I want sympathy or charity ,just the chance to shine in a world that I'm effectivley drowning in .

These are people i Love ,these are the people i would die for .

Nina
http://file041b.bebo.com/2/large/2008/06/23/12/3924954482a8102101537l.jpg

Lara

http://file016b.bebo.com/7/large/2007/06/02/13/3924954482a4563234827b670032785l.jpg

virtualcomposer
02-11-2009, 11:35 AM
I think the baby is using wireless. Now the question is when it comes out will he/she be fully updated and ready for Core? That's what the doctors should be asking themselves.

OnlineRender
02-11-2009, 11:43 AM
LoL ye its using the embolic cord as an antena ,but ill need to sell the third to enable me to buy it for the other 2 :P

DiedonD
02-11-2009, 12:42 PM
Thats how I feel aswell!

I was up on the centuries old castle here in Prizren one day, with two teenage Noergians. When all of a sudden an american kid was running fast towards the cliff!!! In a blitz I found myself between the kid and the sharp cliff down from the castle! Luckily he saw me in time and started slowing down! His dad was nearby and I kinda made a gesture to take greater care to him.

Is 3Ding such a prosperous profession in Glasgow though?

Surely its noway near enough for here! Im doing a seperate job to keep me and my family by!

So, somehow I sensed the presence of the boy huh :)

It oughta be one... Im guessing.

And you WERE hunting for the boy werent you? ;) Someones got to be throwned with the heritage :)

I love my kids infact i would give my Life without a single thought , which is why when i got back from NewYork i went straight into Education , not only passing but passing with straight A's threw 4 years of hell , i have chossen LW as my main 3d package and brings up the question have i made the correct dessicion most companies in the UK use Maya or Max , so when you say why are you on Newtek asking for names? , i suppose i have some connection may it be fate or the path i have walked .
I endevour to be the best , i want the best for my kids but also for myself , i want them to have the chance that i never got , not spoilt , not pushed , but driven , I havent had the easist of lifes and not for 1 second I want sympathy or charity ,just the chance to shine in a world that I'm effectivley drowning in .

These are people i Love ,these are the people i would die for .

Nina
http://file041b.bebo.com/2/large/2008/06/23/12/3924954482a8102101537l.jpg

Lara

harlan
02-11-2009, 05:05 PM

Well, I don't have a name for ya, but I just wanted to let you know that I laughed my frickin ***** off about the 'sperm poisoning'! That was too funny, and I'm surprised I've never heard that before as I'm full of off the wall language perversions such as that! ;)

Good luck with the kids, and for christ's sake, keep it in your bloody pants mate!! 3 kids at 25... sheeeeesh

erikals
02-11-2009, 09:22 PM
Thor.
Thor.
Thor.
Thor.
Thor.

(Lw 10, codename THOR)

Thor is cool actually, also a Thor movie coming out soon :)

OnlineRender
02-12-2009, 03:19 AM
Well, I don't have a name for ya, but I just wanted to let you know that I laughed my frickin ***** off about the 'sperm poisoning'! That was too funny, and I'm surprised I've never heard that before as I'm full of off the wall language perversions such as that! ;)

Good luck with the kids, and for christ's sake, keep it in your bloody pants mate!! 3 kids at 25... sheeeeesh

3 kids , i know mate , i know .... :( but when i look at them i think

" I have created something that no other human can replicate , no matter how good you are in modeller :P "

"Sperm posioning " " or a good Scottish classic would be " up the Duff "

or "It's not mine "

Ye i love that line , i have an array of gestures and comments like that , i love getting into arguments with strangers , i can shooooot them down in 10 seconds if there not approchable or nice .

Peace

Dont eat the yellow snow

" I

DiedonD
02-12-2009, 05:59 AM
Well if youd ask me, you have 7 more to go LOL

Us here in Kosova Republic are a fan of making many kids per house. It considered like a wealth thing. The more you have em, the greater the house!

Youve goten ahead of me Stef. You have one kid more than I do :( .

But the competition isnt over yet! Who knows, perhaps I may be of the kind that likes to make two at the time! Then we here will be 4 and you only 3 :neener:

i love getting into arguments with strangers , i can shooooot them down in 10 seconds if there not approchable or nice .

You shoot strangers? Is it literally or is there another Scottish meaning to it?

Jockomo
02-12-2009, 08:19 AM
Whatever you decide to name the baby, it needs a shirt that says:

Daddy got lightwave10 and all I got was this stupid name.

JeffrySG
02-12-2009, 09:36 AM
This isn't a joke?

'kin 'ell.

This is pretty funny when you think about it....

OnlineRender
02-12-2009, 11:40 AM
At first i never thought it would be so catchy the responce and views have been excellent , ok nothing in comparision to core viral marketing , but at least at the end i get something physical and Newtek poster's get to go "awwwwwww" or in most cases "wit the fek"

OnlineRender
03-27-2009, 03:12 PM
bumped post need one more girls name !

erikals
03-27-2009, 03:33 PM
HAHA!!! :D
ehh.... hehe,...

ok, it's a last name, Mitchell, the LW render filter, umm,... so how 'bout "Michelle" :)

OnlineRender
03-27-2009, 03:44 PM
HAHA!!! :D
ehh.... hehe,...

ok, it's a last name, Mitchell, the LW render filter, umm,... so how 'bout "Michelle" :)

if its a boy i might celebrate and call it THOR :)

erikals
03-27-2009, 03:54 PM
ey, what if it's twins...! ;)

OnlineRender
03-27-2009, 04:15 PM
no i was kinda secretly wishing that , but the scan only had one !
if it was it would be Thor and Hercules ! LOL

VirtualFM
03-27-2009, 09:42 PM
There were already a ton of good girl names posted and I can't remember anything better.

But for boys I remember Jameson, the Commander from the classic Elite game.