PDA

View Full Version : Registration and Upgrades

Myagi
02-09-2009, 08:26 AM
I mailed newtek to ask, but that was an epic failure. No offense to our french members, but it seems a bit unfortunate to put the europe HQ in a place that doesn't have the best reputation for its english ;)

So I mailed and explained that my LW8 registration from 2005 must have been lost, maybe when they switched to a single global registration site (register.newtek.com). I also mentioned that I had created a new account for the 9.5 trial a couple of weeks ago, but that I now would like to buy a 9 upgrade. So I asked if they need to re-add my 8 registration before I upgrade.

I even attached my registration confirmation emails from 2005 (which I still have).

I received a single line response saying I should create a new account to access the 9 trial version. Say what...

So I guess I may have better luck asking in the forums. Does anyone know if I need to make sure they have my 8 registered before upgrading, or is entering my 8 license number when purchasing the upgrade enough?

littlewaves
02-09-2009, 09:05 AM
well to be fair most French people I've ever met speak a lot better English that we speak French!

GandB
02-09-2009, 09:08 AM
well to be fair most French people I've ever met speak a lot better English that we speak French!
I won't disagree with that (especially in my case).;)

Myagi
02-09-2009, 09:10 AM

I was just poking a bit friendly fun, not to be taken serious of course :)