PDA

View Full Version : Did they get rid of Consolidate Scene?

heynewt
02-09-2009, 07:45 AM
I can't believe they would get rid of "consolidate scene". I use that all the time. I tried using the new Package Scene (which I guess was the replacement for "Export Scene") by "packaging" my scene into the existing scene root directory, but all it did was create an identical subdirectory inside my directory. What a mess.

How could they have gotten rid of consolidate scene? That was SO useful.

I wonder if it exists as an old 9.5 plugin I could bring in.

Alas, one more reason I have to back to work in 9.5.

Robert N.

RollerJesus
02-09-2009, 08:12 AM
Just choose a directory outside your content directory and Package Scene works very well, although I find it a little annoying that it switches your current content directory to the new packaged one...

heynewt
02-09-2009, 08:18 AM
Ok, great, thanks for that. Just so I'm straight, I should choose a directory one step above the root project directory, and then package scene will "package" the scene back into the root project directory without creating any new subdirectories inside the root project directory. In other words, it will work like consolidate scene used to. Right?

Robert

Just choose a directory outside your content directory and Package Scene works very well, although I find it a little annoying that it switches your current content directory to the new packaged one...

RollerJesus
02-09-2009, 08:44 AM
When you choose 'Package Scene' it will create a directory with the name you specified and within that directory it creates Object, Image, Scene folders as if you were creating a new content directory. That way, you can zip the one folder to share it and the receiver can set their content directory to your packaged scene and everything will be in order.

I generally use my normal content directory structure until I'm done making changes, then I package it to a folder on my desktop to send it off.