PDA

View Full Version : What will we have exactly in CORE?

MAUROCOR
02-09-2009, 03:44 AM
I would like to know if we will have the full features that we already have in LW 9.6 in LWCORE when it is launched about a year.
I am asking because I waited so many time to have something like FFX or the new light system or SSS shader.
It is quite sure that I will became a HardCore but certainly would be great to know a little bit more about what things NT plans to the first LWCORE version.

dmack
02-09-2009, 04:17 AM
I too would love to know the scope of Core now and what is intended at launch.

*Pete*
02-09-2009, 04:38 AM
me too, im curious.

I do expect core to have everything from lw layout, minus some 3rd party plugins that might not work.

We do know from the betas that nearly all new features were developed for core and 9.x...so lights, adv cameras, ffx and so on is likely in core as well.

Judging from what we seen of core so far, it has (only?) instancing and history stack.

I assume that many features that didnt work well in 9.x and were given up can be found in core in more usable versions, examples would be uv tools and cc subd's.

Propably ca tools are improved as well, since the name "core" is an abreveation of what was once claimed to be the solution for the problem that made good ca impossible.

Id like an official word though.

MAUROCOR
02-09-2009, 06:46 AM
Id like an official word though.

:agree:

shrox
02-09-2009, 07:36 AM
Stacks, I hate stacks. Will we be able to not use stacks?

Kuzey
02-09-2009, 07:44 AM
I hope the reason for the lack of modeler development in the 9 series is because they were working on the Core version, along with character animation tools etc. :hey::hey:

I'm hoping for those major improvements off the bat.

Kuzey

MooseDog
02-09-2009, 08:34 AM
I hope the reason for the lack of modeler development in the 9 series is because they were working on the Core version...

didn't jay roth say that directly at the beginning of his video? pretty sure.

mho: since the core is a modular plug-in architecture sort of thing, most if not all of the features of 9.6 will be just directly plugged into core; rendering, joints, lights, cameras, dynamics etc etc. it's gonna look really different (finally) but won't behave on the surface all that differently (under the hood, yes! just not on the surface).

what's most interesting to me is how the whole file-type thing (COLLADA) is being handled and presented, as well as the integrated app workflow.

Kuzey
02-09-2009, 08:48 AM
Caught red handed :D

I actually saw a bit of the second youtube video where the Core was demoed and Jay talking a bit.

Well then....that is truly great news indeed :thumbsup::thumbsup:

Kuzey

MAUROCOR
02-09-2009, 10:50 AM
Does someone know when we will get more information?

JMCarrigan
02-09-2009, 10:59 AM
Does someone know when we will get more information?

In you haven't seen this:

HardCORE membership start date
We don't want you folks worrying about your memberships ticking away while we get the HardCORE Community area up and running for you.

So, we're going to make your official membership start date begin with the first CORE software build we deliver to you.

Don't worry about what it says in your registration. We'll reset that when the first CORE build ships.

And, thank you for signing up early and having some patience with us as we get everything set up for you.

Thanks

Jim Plant
President & CEO
NewTek, Inc.

MAUROCOR
02-09-2009, 12:42 PM
In you haven't seen this:

HardCORE membership start date
We don't want you folks worrying about your memberships ticking away while we get the HardCORE Community area up and running for you.

So, we're going to make your official membership start date begin with the first CORE software build we deliver to you.

Don't worry about what it says in your registration. We'll reset that when the first CORE build ships.

And, thank you for signing up early and having some patience with us as we get everything set up for you.

Thanks

Jim Plant
President & CEO
NewTek, Inc.

Where did you get this???

cagey5
02-09-2009, 12:51 PM
I think he's cross posting statements from within the Hardcore forum..

cagey5
02-09-2009, 12:54 PM
If anyone wants to watch the original reveal video in tis entirety they can follow the link below and choose the first untitled video.

http://www.ustream.tv/channel/newtek-coreii