PDA

View Full Version : AVI Limit?

cinevid
08-13-2003, 08:20 AM
I hope this has been covered before and is a simple fix but I have loaded an .avi in as a texture, it's 2,200 frames long and in the image editor it shows only an avi that's 772 frames long. I have loaded other avi's of various lenghts and still the 772 frame limit. Those frames display just fine but it's only a small protion of the avi. I have 1 GIG on the system. What's happening??? Any help appreciated.

Mylenium
08-13-2003, 11:00 AM
Well, the file size of an AVI is limited. Some CoDecs as Cinepak and the old MS RLE will not handle large and long files properly. The file will be truncated from a certain point (even though the actual data is still there). Most progs can compensate this by using DirectDraw routines (which has no limit for file/ stream sizes as far as I know). You could try to install the latest version of DirectX/ Mplayer or simply use another CoDec. Still I think the best solutiuon would be creating an image sequence - LW will easily accept it without worrying and working with image seqs is generally a bit faster.

Mylenium

cinevid
08-13-2003, 12:21 PM
Thanks! That's what I used to do before LW could handle avi's looks like it's still a bit of and issue. Guess I'll do a sequence...Thanks again.

richpr
08-13-2003, 12:44 PM
I use VirtualDub to turn TGAs into AVI... Works very nicely and is free too...

cinevid
08-14-2003, 10:09 AM
Thanks all for the great info!!!!
mp