PDA

View Full Version : Multishift and Edge Bevel disappeared HELP!

realgray
02-08-2009, 01:26 AM
Hey all, two of my top tools has disappeared. I reinstalled lightwave to no avail. Am I missing something?
Thanks

Silkrooster
02-08-2009, 01:33 AM
what version of lightwave do you have?

realgray
02-08-2009, 02:10 AM

geothefaust
02-08-2009, 02:38 AM
Do two things;

First, delete your configs (saving out any preset tabs first), then re-open modeler, scan your plugin directory, then change your menu layout and hotkeys back to default (again make sure you save your any presets first), and they should be back to normal.

Second, import your saved your presets.

Hope this helps. :thumbsup:

Silkrooster
02-08-2009, 02:38 AM
First thing you can try is resetting the menu.
Edit>Edit Menu Layout (alt-F10)
Change the preset to anything other than default. you should now be able to change the preset to default for it to reset the menu.
If for some reason that did not work, you could delete your config files, but the above should work for you.

If 9.6 is an upgrade from a previous version of the 9 series you have to clear the config files or tell lightwave to use another location for the config files. Which one you choose will depend on if you plan on keeping a previous version of the 9 series on your system. The reason for this is you don't want 9.6 to be using the config files from a previous version.
I'll stop there just so I don't get ahead of myself for your issue. Let us know if you need more help.
Silk

Silkrooster
02-08-2009, 02:39 AM
Do two things;

First, delete your configs (saving out any preset tabs first), then re-open modeler, scan your plugin directory, then change your menu layout and hotkeys back to default (again make sure you save your any presets first), and they should be back to normal.

Hope this helps. :thumbsup:

9.6 auto scans the plugins now. There is an option to disable that though.

gordonrobb
02-08-2009, 02:48 AM
Have you tried going into Edit Menu, and searching for them? That will tell you if their in there or not. Check what menu preset is set to. In mine (Studio Production Preset) they're under Multiply, but Edge bevel is under Multiply > Extend > Bevel Edges > Edge Bevel, and the other one is under Multiply > Extend > Bevel Polys > Multi shift.

Good huntine.

realgray
02-08-2009, 02:40 PM
I trashed config files and rescanned the plugin directory and my tools came back. Thanks for the help.

MysteryMonkey
09-22-2009, 04:21 PM
Hi All,

We're missing the Edge Bevel Tool on one of 18 iMacs in a college computer lab. All of the machines were supposedly setup exactly the same back in August using a disk image method. A disk image should make everything identical. We've got version 9.6. I've tried all the suggestions above but nothing seems to work so far. Are there any other suggestions? . . . I even tried copying the LW preferences from one machine that is working right onto the one that is misbehaving which didn't work. A reinstall can be done, but I'd rather not have to resort to that if possible. I guess it isn't that big of a deal if that is the only solution . . . What on earth would cause something like this anyway. (Edge Bevel isn't even a choice in the edit keyboard commands)

Kim