PDA

View Full Version : lightwave core u.i.

cresshead
02-07-2009, 08:37 PM
hi not sure if most everyone had a good close look at the core video but i just went thru it and noted down the u.i. options anyhow!:D

file menu
new
open
save
save as
import
export
export selected
???
exit

edit menu
undo
redo
history prev
history next
cut
copy
paste
delete
parent
unparent
preferences
keyboard shortcuts
plugin manager
theme manager

display menu
HUD>grid/construction plane
u.i. elements>timeline/toolbar/toolbox/atribrute editor/history stack/modifier stack/outliner/hide all/show all
viewports>3d/2d/image editor/connection editor/hiearchy editor/outline???/browser/split vertical/split horozontal
hide
show
frame all
frame selected
frame hiearchy

window menu [no dropdowns show in the video]
i would guess this is where some goodies are!!!...like scene editor, graph editor and render settings...

selection menu
point
edge
face
part
material
item
select all
deselect
invert selection
select hiearchy
selection set

mode menu [no dropdown shown]
mode maybe either modeler/layout or the mode we already have in modeler...

help

....any help?:D

hrgiger
02-07-2009, 09:04 PM
Good work Cress. I thought of doing the same thing but with the low quality video that I saw, I found it hard to read some of the items.

And I would like to add that after using XSI, I'm glad to see that we're going to now be able to select by material and item. Very useful!

Did anyone notice if there was a widget during the brief view of deformation? I hope that we will have them. Again, I loved widgets in XSI.

It looks like faces will be highlighted as we roll over them, unless I read the video wrong. But faces will be colored upon selection it would seem and all those colors will be able to be chosen by the user hopefully.

Earl
02-07-2009, 09:24 PM
NewTek just needs to release more videos. Or better yet, give us the first build! That way we can stop our clue-digging. :D

Philbert
02-07-2009, 09:31 PM
NewTek just needs to release more videos. Or better yet, give us the first build! That way we can stop our clue-digging. :D

I'd rather another video thanks, still trying to figure out how I'll come up with $400.

hrgiger
02-07-2009, 09:40 PM
I'd rather another video thanks, still trying to figure out how I'll come up with $400.

Sell you Lightwave 9.:D

lwanmtr
02-07-2009, 09:54 PM
I have 2 older licenses I'll sell for $500..hehe

ItsPete
02-07-2009, 11:40 PM
i got a spare kidney. takers?

ItsPete
02-08-2009, 01:43 AM
wow. no takers?! it's a .lwo or i can give it to u in fbx or obj :)

Nemoid
02-08-2009, 02:45 AM
thanks for sharing !

outline is probably Maya inspired it should be the editor where you see all items in your scene.

Julez4001
02-08-2009, 07:24 PM
And I would like to add that after using XSI, I'm glad to see that we're going to now be able to select by material and item. Very useful!

You could always do that in LW

material = surfaces
items = parts

lwanmtr
02-08-2009, 07:29 PM
Yeah, not really a new one there

hrgiger
02-08-2009, 07:53 PM
You could always do that in LW

material = surfaces
items = parts

Yes, you can select surface but only from the menu. I was thinking of the ability to select from the surface editor or stack (not sure if materials will be in the stack like in XSI). Also by item I meant object, clicking anywhere on an object will select the entire surface, not just individual polygons you click on or roll over with the mouse held down. There's more out there then selecting by polygon, point, or edges in the viewport. In XSI you could select an object, you could do raycast selections, selecting trees, branches, plus there are nice selection filters....whole new world of selection options.

lwanmtr
02-08-2009, 07:55 PM
Yeah, but no 'Select by Thought' option

hrgiger
02-08-2009, 08:35 PM
not yet.

kfinla
02-08-2009, 09:35 PM
My only concern with the UI is that Matt Gorner starts making some CSS skins for core.

Hopper
02-08-2009, 11:04 PM
My only concern with the UI is that Matt Gorner starts making some CSS skins for core.
Hell, I'd settle for some of his CSS files for just about any of my other projects.

Matt
02-12-2009, 07:32 PM

Eh?! So, let me get this right, you'll be concerned if I DID start making skins for Core?

kfinla
02-12-2009, 07:39 PM
No I'm saying I don't care what NT do with the UI as long as I can over-write it with a theme similar to your LW 10 mock ups.

Myagi
02-12-2009, 07:40 PM
not sure you care cress, but I just watched the slightghly better(?) video on the core page, the ??? in the file menu is "Project >"

and "outline???" is "outline"

Also noticed that the window title, when he tore off the selection menu, was "LWX"

definitely says python "2.5.1"

kfinla
02-12-2009, 07:52 PM
They did make some changes.. they totally replaced the brush based section where Jonas draws 4 circles and gets 4 cubes :) .. now he successfully draws a bunch of 2d shapes.

Nicolas Jordan
02-12-2009, 07:57 PM
They did make some changes.. they totally replaced the brush based section where Jonas draws 4 circles and gets 4 cubes :) .. now he successfully draws a bunch of 2d shapes.

Ya, not sure what that's all about. They definitely polished up that video though. Looks not bad now.

I was just curious and don't want this to get off topic but do you guys use Lightwave to some extent over there at Bioware in production?

cresshead
02-12-2009, 08:55 PM
not sure you care cress, but I just watched the slightghly better(?) video on the core page, the ??? in the file menu is "Project >"

and "outline???" is "outline"

Also noticed that the window title, when he tore off the selection menu, was "LWX"

definitely says python "2.5.1"

that's a much better edited video now...also the core page has been updated with a make over as well...

Nicolas Jordan
02-12-2009, 09:00 PM
The Core page is much better organized now too. :)

cresshead
02-12-2009, 09:01 PM
was wrong...please ignore!

ncr100
02-12-2009, 11:19 PM
Wow that was a much more favorable video presentation. http://newtek.com/core/video.php

Thank you all at NT for making this! It's so much better!

The Dommo
02-13-2009, 09:05 AM
yes, much much better :)