PDA

View Full Version : Companion Upgrade

Black Tengu
02-07-2009, 08:30 PM
I was wondering perhaps that it is a typo that Modo doesn't count as a Companion Upgrade. Before the announcement of Core it was available to Modo users. I'm hoping that this is a mistake because I would buy Lightwave right now. :(

rcr62
02-07-2009, 08:50 PM
I would call Newtek. I can't find it at the moment, but I remember reading a post on another board yesterday of a user where their software product was not on that list. They called Newtek and they did end up qualifying for the companion upgrade.

Earl
02-07-2009, 08:54 PM
That's a good question. I would think it's a typo. You should call NewTek during their business hours or wait for them to post here. According to resellers (such as Safe Harbor: http://www.sharbor.com/products/NTKN0300096.html) you can still get the campanion upgrade if you own modo.

Black Tengu
02-07-2009, 10:19 PM
That's a good question. I would think it's a typo. You should call NewTek during their business hours or wait for them to post here. According to resellers (such as Safe Harbor: http://www.sharbor.com/products/NTKN0300096.html) you can still get the campanion upgrade if you own modo.

And it costs $100.00 less.

Earl
02-07-2009, 11:15 PM
Ha! I didn't even see the price. There you go then. Just verify with NewTek that a purchase through Safe Harbor will still quality for the HardCORE upgrade.

aidenvfx
02-08-2009, 12:09 PM
And it costs $100.00 less.

That's for the pdf manual version if you want the book it is $595.

I did the upgrade with modo through safharbor at the end of Jan so I would think it would still be covered.

Black Tengu
02-08-2009, 09:46 PM
That's for the pdf manual version if you want the book it is $595.

I did the upgrade with modo through safharbor at the end of Jan so I would think it would still be covered.

The version with the book is now $695. The prices all went up $100.

aidenvfx
02-09-2009, 08:30 AM
The version with the book is now $695. The prices all went up $100.

Interesting I did not notice that.

Safe Harbor
02-09-2009, 10:07 AM
We have not been informed of any changes to the competitive upgrade scheme. Also, NewTek's competitive upgrade and companion upgrades are the same exact sku. For ease of use, we have combined them into one part number.

I will try to get a definitive answer regarding modo, but AFAIK it would still qualify.

FYI, we have a few of these in stock, at the old price, and it includes HardCORE membership. Order before they run out!!!

Electronic manual (http://www.sharbor.com/products/NTKN0300096.html)
Printed manual (http://www.sharbor.com/products/NTKI0300033.html)

geothefaust
02-09-2009, 11:04 AM
Nice, I'm sure someone will jump on that.

TimothyB
02-09-2009, 05:04 PM
I know someone in the Daz forums called NewTek and he was told even Carrara 7 Pro (he specifically asked about) qualified and included hardcore at $495. Of course a day later it became $595.

But now I'm confused about Companion VS Competitive.

If Companion is only for existing LW users, why would the page even list software other that LW on NT's page?

And just the other day they listed After Effects and Photoshop under qualifying products. Now they don't, and still don't list Carrara even though it was confirmed
over the phone.

I don't like how rules are changing while I wait until that March cutoff to decide once I know more details and my job is safe.

Black Tengu
02-09-2009, 07:23 PM
Nice, I'm sure someone will jump on that.

I did! ;)

geothefaust
02-09-2009, 07:33 PM
i did! ;)

Nice. :D

Earl
02-09-2009, 10:01 PM
But now I'm confused about Companion VS Competitive.

If Companion is only for existing LW users, why would the page even list software other that LW on NT's page?
According to the NewTek store, "competitive" upgrades and "companion" upgrades are now the same thing. Instead of having both, they are the same price and simply called, "companion." They work for other companies software as well as NewTek products. I guess NewTek feels that they have no competitors, only companions in the 3d world. :D

I did! ;)
Congrats! That's a good price.