PDA

View Full Version : Symmetry Weld plugin

Noclar7
08-13-2003, 08:10 AM
Hello all,

Looking for this plug, I cant find it on flay but I'm sure it out there..

anyone??

Cheers,
RJ

Hellbring
08-13-2003, 07:40 PM
I used to have one of those, but I lost it in reformating. :mad: I also am interested if anyone has this plugin. I know it used to be on flay.

Hellbring
08-17-2003, 06:14 PM
cant believe no one out there has this thing. :(

evenflcw
08-17-2003, 10:33 PM
I think you would've gotten more answers had you posted somewhere in the LW section. Personally I only come by here once in a while, while I visit all LW sections daily.

Try these: Symmetry Weld Points (http://w1.851.telia.com/~u85113006/files/lscripts/SymWeldPnts/v1.0/)

Three script. The first welds all points to the last selected point(s), just like a regular weld, but respecting symmetry. SymWeldPntF2L and SymWeldPntF2S are for sequancial welds, for when you want to weld a hole row of points to another row of points. F2S will weld first selected point to the second, third point to forth and so on. F2L (First to Last) will allow you to select one row first and then the other instead of the zigzag selection pattern you'll have to use for F2S.

And just for the record these script are selection order based. I might write another version which works slightly differently. Also there is no direct way to check if Symmetry mode is on or not in lscript, and if it's not you'll probably get some funky results. This could possibly also be fixed through some other means so it would work as expected even when symmetry is off.

EDIT:
If you have any problems, suggestions or such, please express yourself. :)

Noclar7
08-18-2003, 09:41 AM
thank you very much.. this should speed up modeling a fair bit.

Regards,
RJ

hesido
09-15-2005, 05:11 AM
Sorry for this bump, but the site is down, any chance I may get this plugin? I am amazed at how such an improtant and obvious functionality is to be found deep in the net ocean, instead of a built-in solution.

duke
09-15-2005, 07:46 AM
If anyone has it ill throw it up on my hosting so it's there forever and ever and ever :thumbsup: