PDA

View Full Version : Background colour in Graph Editor malfunction.

meshpig
02-07-2009, 06:08 PM
Hi

The background colour in the Graph Editor ( 9.6) is struck on yellow and won't accept changes made from the hub after a reboot.

Can I modify the cclour directly in the preference file? It's sort of unusable.

Thanks!

m

Stunt Pixels
02-07-2009, 06:42 PM
Owww... My eyes....

You should be able to shut down the hub, and layout, then delete the hub's config file. On PC it's called "LWHUB9.CFG". Restart layout, and you should be good to go.. Failing that, the line in the hub config (at least on PC) should be something like:

GEBackgroundColor 0 64 128

Which you could adjust..?

meshpig
02-07-2009, 07:07 PM
Hey thanks Mr stunt pixel!

I think it's a bug because the file actually has the right data but it still comes out yellow:cursin:

m

PS. Hope you have a few cold one's in the fridge... it peaked @ 43 around here yesterday!:D

Stunt Pixels
02-07-2009, 08:12 PM
I think it's a bug because the file actually has the right data but it still comes out yellow:cursin:

m

PS. Hope you have a few cold one's in the fridge... it peaked @ 43 around here yesterday!:D
Sorry, was out to lunch... Hmmm, deleting the hub config's didn't work? You could try backing up all the configs, then deleting all of them to see if that helps. It has to be reading the info from somewhere...

43... Holy crap! I'm in Enmore, so it's a bit cooler here. It's only 30 at the mo, 39 at Campbelltown... I just feel sorry for the Victorians at the moment. Doesn't look pretty...

Chilton
02-07-2009, 08:27 PM
Hi,

In this case, this *might* be a case of something not being read properly from the config files, and it could also be something sticking around in the hub cache that oughtn't.

1) Quit all LW apps.
2) Look for ~/Users/Library/Preferences/LightWave3D/ and just rename it. Don't delete it.
3) Run LW and see if it works. If that didn't fix it...
4) Quit LW
5) Find the newly created prefs folder in the same location as the one above, and trash it. You'll want to make sure your old original one is still there, and still renamed. Don't trash your original prefs folder.
6) Look for ~/Users/Library/Application Support/LightWave3D/ and trash that.

See if that works. Let us know ;)

Good Hunting!
-Chilton

meshpig
02-07-2009, 09:19 PM
43... Holy crap! I'm in Enmore, so it's a bit cooler here. It's only 30 at the mo, 39 at Campbelltown... I just feel sorry for the Victorians at the moment. Doesn't look pretty...

Thanks, no problem...

How odd, I'm just around the corner in Camperdown. It's reading 30 online but that's at the airport ... Yes, and Melbourne especially is such a dreadful place when it's hot.

m:)

meshpig
02-07-2009, 09:41 PM
Hi Chilton

Thanks for that, no luck with either!

None of the builds prior to 9.6 had the same problem but just looking at them now again the last few do but didn't before. The early one's don't.

- The versions that have the assigned colour also don't accept the permanent license key whereas those which accept the key have the yellow background in the GE.

What do I need to trash now?

m