PDA

View Full Version : Cracked egg!! spilt in half

DONGLE THIS!
08-13-2003, 06:37 AM
Can anyone help regarding on how to make a cracked egg.
i know lw can do it,but I just dont know on how to get the egg looking crack split in half.

Thanks

Dodgy
08-13-2003, 06:45 AM
A boolean??

richpr
08-13-2003, 12:49 PM
Make a squashed egg-shaped ball and delete half of it (the polygons)...

Make the surface double-sided as I guess you would like to see the inside of the shell as well...

Finally, edit the points along the edges where you cut it in half, to give them a cracked appearance... This may take some playing around ;)

Actually I selected the points along the edge and applied a jitter...

richpr
08-13-2003, 01:16 PM
Here's a half... If you wanted them to fit, then you could select the middle points and apply a jitter first, than divide the egg along the jitter line with unweld for instance...

Then again you could be looking for the inside of the egg?

munky
08-13-2003, 01:48 PM
I did an exploding egg and I used booleans to make all the bits I also used a complete egg as a takeover before the egg exploded. The egg was just a doublesided sphere that was made egg shaped with the magnet tool thingy.
If you want the file as an example drop me a line and I'll dig it out.

regards

paul

DONGLE THIS!
08-14-2003, 03:51 AM
You guys are amazing! thanks alot.
That boolean stuff worked as well, thanks to Dodgy.
one question richpr, how do you tell LW to make a object double sided? I just click extrude!

Thanks

DONGLE THIS!
08-14-2003, 03:53 AM
Originally posted by munky
I did an exploding egg and I used booleans to make all the bits I also used a complete egg as a takeover before the egg exploded. The egg was just a doublesided sphere that was made egg shaped with the magnet tool thingy.
If you want the file as an example drop me a line and I'll dig it out.

regards

paul

sure, if it is not a proplem for you.
thanks for all your help.

DONGLE THIS!
08-14-2003, 05:42 AM
thanks guys

richpr
08-14-2003, 06:56 PM
I guess you found the Double-Sided checkbox in the Surface Editor...

riki
08-14-2003, 08:38 PM
Here's some screenshots of an eggs sheel tut. Normally I would quote my sources, but I didn't keep the link.