PDA

View Full Version : Quick Q on the Lightwave for students offer

Skonk
02-25-2003, 08:41 AM
Im sure there are other threads on this but this also relates to the UK so i thought id make a new one.

Just followed a link on the main site about the Student offer for lightwave for $395, firstly what type of course do u have to be on to qualify, does it need to be spicific to lightwave or just grphics in general, for example the course im on is Multimedia which covours Webdesign, flash animation, director, 2d imagry and 3d modeling and animation. Also this is in the UK so does this offer apply to uk residents or just ppl in the us? There are a few ppl in my class who would be interested in this.

Also what limitations are on the student license? i assume its a none commercial one? but are there any limits on the software its self?

Tnx.

James..

EDIT: just thought id add, at college we have to use max since thats all they own (3.1 at that), but the 3d module isn't really program spicific, were learning techniques more than anything (to be honest i end up teaching more than the teacher since im the only one there who already had a background in 3d) and the work we do outside college can be done on any software we want. I asked proton for a couple of LWDE cd's so i could pimp it around at college but there not here yet :)

wapangy
02-25-2003, 09:36 AM
I bought mine at academicsuperstore.com (http://www.academicsuperstore.com)

I don't think you have to be in any special classes, I got mine when I was in highschool.

You can't use it for commercial use, but other than that there are no limitations, you get the same CD everyone else does.

(I don't know if its different in the UK, I'm in the US)

Skonk
02-25-2003, 09:43 AM
Sweet :) well i just checked the online shop thing and it lets me select UK so it looks like it does apply to us :)

James..