PDA

View Full Version : People Ratio is terrible on forum , Please Read

OnlineRender
02-06-2009, 04:40 PM
I know the forums a little pre occupied , but the response ratio is absolutely shocking with general posts .

I'm not the best artist in-fact in comparrision I'm poor to some of the artwork posted on here .

but , I'm starting from the ground and busting my *** for effectively nothing , the reason i post is too gain information and insight on my work , at the moment the majority of the forums is about being the best "look at my work ,I'm [email protected]$t hot , employee me " and i believe to a certain extent that ,this may be the case .

I have had 31 views and not 1 reply , i know some are busy , some are not bothered and some just don't care , but if that is the truth at least , write a message , even if it only says
"good work " , " i don't like it !" , " dream on get a new job " its pish " , hurt full and honest answers have to be better than none ??

slightly annoyed .

ItsPete
02-06-2009, 04:43 PM
lol we might be a little preoccupied right now... something about a core? i don't usually get to the gallery section often. i ought to spend more time there!

ItsPete
02-06-2009, 04:44 PM
not to mention wtf are you talking about? linky linky...

hrgiger
02-06-2009, 04:46 PM
You'll have that. Sometimes I might get 60 or 70 views with no response. It' not uncommon. Some people lurk here and never post, some might not know what to say, or any other reason. The only thing you can do is be patient and continue working. If you don't get any responses after a while, feel free to make another post to bump your thread back up to the top of the list so that people may see your thread for the first time.

LightFreeze
02-06-2009, 04:47 PM
" its pish "

never thought I`d hear a Glaswegian accent on a forum :D

Larry_g1s
slightly annoyedAnd you should be. This is one of the things that drive me nuts also about posting work. And don't think it's limited to the NT forum. I think people need to have better edicate when viewing others work. If it needs work, just say so. If it's good, just say so. It doesn't have to be a full fledged dissertation. Just drop a line to let someone know you checked it out and what you thought. What's worse, is that we now have thumbnails for this kind of stuff, so you have a general idea of what you're going in to.

JMCarrigan
Geez feller. Simma down nah!

OnlineRender
02-06-2009, 04:51 PM
never thought I`d hear a Glaswegian accent on a forum :D

I've got better words than that ):) i love the way you can say words like @pi$h and the forums allows but blocks words like ***** . IRONYYYYYYYY

lol edit post > word was ssa

LightFreeze
02-06-2009, 04:56 PM
ah ken whit ye mean

OnlineRender
02-06-2009, 05:00 PM
8 messages back , and 47 views , maybe ive broken barriers (",)

jasonwestmas
02-06-2009, 05:01 PM
I've got better words than that ):) i love the way you can say words like @pi$h and the forums allows but blocks words like ***** . IRONYYYYYYYY

lol edit post > word was ssa

Just keep bumping your own work and people will reply, I promise.

JMCarrigan
02-06-2009, 05:02 PM
Anyway. You had 31 views to what please?

OnlineRender
02-06-2009, 05:02 PM
Anyway. You had 31 views to what please?

lol nothing , im scared in-case it gets slaughtered

ItsPete
02-06-2009, 05:03 PM
lol :)

JMCarrigan
02-06-2009, 05:07 PM

I wouldn't say I'm lol, I'm more like wtf?:D

zapper1998
02-06-2009, 05:24 PM
as they say sex sells........

ItsPete
02-06-2009, 05:45 PM
I wouldn't say I'm lol, I'm more like wtf?:D

i already said that so rofl!

Celshader
02-06-2009, 05:54 PM

If it helps, ask yourself this when judging your own work:

"Would I pay to see that?"

..if the answer is "yes," it's good enough for film VFX.