PDA

View Full Version : Imported UVs won't interpolate with subpatches

fahr
02-06-2009, 03:13 PM
Hi, I imported a mesh from maya that contained Uvs and everything came in fine. However, when I turned on subpatches for the mesh the UVs did not smooth with the mesh, causing a ton of distortion in the texture map. No problem, right? Just set my UV interpolation to "across discontinuous edges" and everything is fine... Only it's not. :P

When I change the interpolation type, my UVs appear to reset in the viewport and look like I just planar mapped them along the z axis. Even stranger, the original uv points are left untouched and look like I just removed their polygons.

Ok, the uv view is screwed, but as long as the uvs still render properly... nope. They render completely unchanged, no matter what setting I set them to. I noticed that the UV points where all colored red, so I welded them all back together (except for the outer shells), but it still changed nothing.

It may be worth noting that I used Point oven to export this mesh to LW, but point oven is pretty tried and true, so that shouldn't be an issue should it? Has the LWO format changed much over the past 1-2 years that could cause this?

I'm using the Lightwave 9.6 trial. Any ideas? Are there any known issues with working with UVs that have been created in Maya and imported into Lightwave?

Thanks!

fahr
02-07-2009, 12:09 AM
I've started a new thread on this issue that's a bit more focused and detailed. I would like to close this one, but uh... don't know how. :)

Sorry for cluttering up the forums with double posts. Won't happen again.

Thanks!

lwanmtr
02-08-2009, 10:35 PM
I've had no problems bringing uvs from maya into lw. can you posts grabs of the uvs, or content?