PDA

View Full Version : Proc Amp disaster

Chris M.
02-06-2009, 12:46 PM
Rendered a .cg file to rtv. Put it on SpeedEdit timeline. Highlighted it. Opened a Vector Scope and Proc Amp (following manual instructions) to adjust luminance. Then, instead of putting a test set of bars on a DDR and sourcing that with the Proc Amp (like the manual suggested as an example) I sourced SpeedEdit Project. Since then Proc Amp shut down in stages. First no controls usable. Then no video to output (unless bypass selected).

My re-seller logged in to control my system and is baffled.

I shut down and went out for awhile. Now VT5 won't boot.

Anyone?

PIZAZZ
02-06-2009, 03:28 PM
Sorry but it sounds like this is much deeper than a ProcAmp issue. Sounds like your system needs to visit your builder.

Snu
02-07-2009, 12:05 PM
sounds like you ran into the same proc amp bug that i did.
it seems that with the broken proc amp since 5.2, you can actually set the dials to values that they should never be set to. vt doesnt like this much, and will crash, then refuse to start up. i managed to fix this by resetting vt's settings.

browse to your vt5 folder (should be c:\program files\newtek\vt5 by default)
now run the 'Apply Default User Settings.bat' file.
if this doesnt work, reinstalling the 5.2 patch should bug you about returning to the default settings.

unfortunately, this means that you'll have to reconfigure everything, but at least vt will start...
but, it looks like just removing the proc amp settings might do it...
so if you know anything about .bat files, you could probably make a copy of the 'Apply Default User Settings.bat' file and edit out everything but the proc amp settings resets (its well documented).

Chris M.
02-09-2009, 03:36 PM
Thanks, guys. Can't find that "VT5 by default" folder/file. Found a "clean VT5" file but it didn't help. I'll look again when I have time.

Still no Proc Amp. Reseller can't help.

There will be a fix, right?