PDA

View Full Version : @Newtek - Any ETA on HardCORE forum account activation?

Skonk
02-06-2009, 02:32 AM
Question is in the title :)

We know the forum is there but we cant access it yet, are our forum accounts likely to be given permission any time soon?

James.

JBT27
02-06-2009, 02:35 AM
For now, what would we talk about that is not being discussed here? :D

Those forums become relevant when there's more info and the first builds appear.

However, yeah :newtek: - WHEN???!!!!! :D

Julian.

Skonk
02-06-2009, 02:39 AM
For now, what would we talk about that is not being discussed here? :D

Those forums become relevant when there's more info and the first builds appear.

However, yeah :newtek: - WHEN???!!!!! :D

Julian.

Well it was stated that we'd have better access to speak with the CORE development team.

I'd like to hear more about CORE even if it's under NDA.

andywright
02-06-2009, 02:52 AM
Well it was stated that we'd have better access to speak with the CORE development team.

I'd like to hear more about CORE even if it's under NDA.

I agree :-)

That should be one of the benefits of being Hardcore early, as it was with the open beta on 9.x. :)

mattclary
02-06-2009, 07:49 AM
bump

cresshead
02-06-2009, 07:56 AM
bump bump..still waiting!

juanjgon
02-06-2009, 08:03 AM
bump again ... cant wait ;)

LMUSIC
02-06-2009, 08:17 AM
For those running ahead of me, I got the email from my Core order. Do I need to 'register' the Core product on the registration page?

If so,do I use my order number as the 'membership Number"?

Cant' wait to get it all going!!

[edit] spelling

gclayton
02-06-2009, 08:26 AM
For those running ahead of me, I got the email from my Core order. Do I need to 'register' the Core product on the registration page?

If so,do I use my order number as the 'membership Number"?

Cant' wait to get it all going!!

[edit] spelling
In the email from NewTek, you should have a License Key #. Mine was listed right below the link to download the Lightwave Core wallpaper zip file. This license key # is what I used to register for HardCORE.

Jim Plant
02-06-2009, 08:28 AM
I'll check into the status of activation today. I've already been in there and started a couple of threads...they are just sitting there waiting for some action.

One is called "The HardCORE T-shirt thread". Everyone who joins HardCORE will get a cool T-shirt, but we'd like to do something extra special for the charter HardCORE members. We'll discuss that in this thread.

The other thread is the "CORE Countdown Campaign". This is where we'll discuss the viral marketing campaign, and all the clues (including the phantom clues, and the clues that never were.)

I'll report back some info about activation later today.

Jim Plant
President & CEO
NewTek, Inc.

Nigel Baker
02-06-2009, 08:30 AM
Hello All,

After trying and trying and looking and hoping I have decided to just wait a bit.
The last email from Newtek signed off like this.

"It will take a short time to get your account activated, you will
receive an email notice when the process is complete.

Welcome to HardCORE."

So I think I will just do that.
Await my next communication and try to work in the mean time.

Regards,
Nigel

LMUSIC
02-06-2009, 08:33 AM
@ gclayton - thanks, looks like that got to the core of it...

@ neverko - mi two

now to the core hunt.

cresshead
02-06-2009, 08:37 AM
I'll check into the status of activation today. I've already been in there and started a couple of threads...they are just sitting there waiting for some action.

One is called "The HardCORE T-shirt thread". Everyone who joins HardCORE will get a cool T-shirt, but we'd like to do something extra special for the charter HardCORE members. We'll discuss that in this thread.

The other thread is the "CORE Countdown Campaign". This is where we'll discuss the viral marketing campaign, and all the clues (including the phantom clues, and the clues that never were.)

Jim Plant
President & CEO
NewTek, Inc.

thanks, look forward to getting on the forum:thumbsup::newtek::lwicon:

dee
02-06-2009, 09:17 AM
Hello All,

After trying and trying and looking and hoping I have decided to just wait a bit.
The last email from Newtek signed off like this.

"It will take a short time to get your account activated, you will

Welcome to HardCORE."

So I think I will just do that.
Await my next communication and try to work in the mean time.

Regards,
Nigel

I've got that email hours ago to but can't see any new core forums, the last ones at the bottom are the open beta forums. Where do I have to look for?

cresshead
02-06-2009, 09:28 AM
I've got that email hours ago to but can't see any new core forums, the last ones at the bottom are the open beta forums. Where do I have to look for?

read the post jim plant wrote above...:thumbsup:

Mark
02-06-2009, 09:30 AM
Dear Jim,
I know that this all very new and perhaps we should expect teething problems, but having just got off the phone with customer service at Newtek, they don't have any information about this and no way of checking the registration problem. Like others I received an activation notification, but can't get onto the forum as I have not got 'permission'. I would also appreciate an update please.
Thanks, Mark.

Skonk
02-06-2009, 09:32 AM

Jim Plant
President & CEO
NewTek, Inc.

Thankyou for looking into it Jim, cant wait to get in there :)

geothefaust
02-06-2009, 09:44 AM
Hi Jim,

Thanks for the update! I'm really looking forward to seeing more of what you guys and gals have cooked up. :)

PS- Next time you come to Oregon, stop by Portland for a visit! :thumbsup:

Jim Plant
President & CEO
NewTek, Inc.

arsad
02-06-2009, 10:42 AM
Thank you Jim for the info! I received the mails from Newtek and paypal I activated my hardcore membership but I didn't receive the link to the forums. I guess I was one of the first and the eMails have changed since.

geoff
02-06-2009, 10:48 AM
Thank you Jim for the info! I received the mails from Newtek and paypal I activated my hardcore membership but I didn't receive the link to the forums. I guess I was one of the first and the eMails have changed since.
Me too.
Email confirming registration but no link of any knind to the forum :(

Geoff

cresshead
02-06-2009, 10:58 AM
goto the newtek reg page..dropdown to the hardcore ad register it...

mattclary
02-06-2009, 11:01 AM
CORE forum is active!!

Wade
02-06-2009, 11:10 AM
CORE forum is active!!

I am going to go take a look - but if you are just yanking my chain....

Jim Plant
02-06-2009, 11:10 AM
>>>CORE forum is active!! <<<

Yes it is. The activations are taking place and new HardCORE members are now finding their way to the new forum. We're working through a pretty big list (thank you!) so please be patient as we process and activate each new member.

Thanks.

Jim Plant
President & CEO
NewTek, Inc.

geoff
02-06-2009, 11:26 AM
goto the newtek reg page..dropdown to the hardcore ad register it...
Did that Cresshead, registered and received the email welcoming me to HARDCORE with a we will be in touch soon section but nothing showing a forum location..

Geoff

COBRASoft
02-06-2009, 11:35 AM
>>>CORE forum is active!! <<<

Yes it is. The activations are taking place and new HardCORE members are now finding their way to the new forum. We're working through a pretty big list (thank you!) so please be patient as we process and activate each new member.

Thanks.

Jim Plant
President & CEO
NewTek, Inc.

Sounds nice, but there are some, like me, who ordered CORE through PayPal, but got NO license number and no mail from NewTek. I got a mail from customer services they are working on it though... HURRY :)

Mark
02-06-2009, 12:10 PM
Dear Jim,
just tried again and hey presto! Thanks for sorting it out.
Best wishes, Mark.

Riff_Masteroff
02-06-2009, 12:15 PM
So far I have received an email labeled 'New Order Alert'. It says they have received my payment and the email provides a license key. No other useful information.

So far it is not possible for me to register using 'hardcore' button at register.newtek.

So my question is: What now??? Should I simply be patient and wait? How will access instructions become available?

thedaytrader
02-06-2009, 12:34 PM
Sounds nice, but there are some, like me, who ordered CORE through PayPal, but got NO license number and no mail from NewTek. I got a mail from customer services they are working on it though... HURRY :)

same here, but one guy ther did research it for me and said my new lw9 licensed had to be generated, it was yesterday when I bought lw9 and core update, just now got the update email...so i think they are really swampped

rkpdesign
02-06-2009, 12:35 PM
:cry: no :cry: e-mail :cry: :( ....

Ok, so, here's what i did... (after I had paid for CORE and got the purchase invoice e-mail)

1. Go to NT registration through Customer Service. Log In.
2. Select HardCore through the Select Your Product menu. Click Register.
3. Enter Membership No. (which confused me...it's the license key...it's on your purchase email)
4. Enter your Forum ID.
5. Click Register.

I got my email about processing my entry into HardCORE forums...awaiting results...:)

Kid Mesh
02-06-2009, 12:57 PM
I'm waiting for my access as well but I'm patient. Outside of accessing the forums and whatnot, I figured it's best to get in early while the price model is decent. Almost double the amount later is a little rich for my blood considering that I was going to buy the next iteration of LW regardless.

Anyhow, Looking forward to seeing all my Hardcore Charter brethern once I get acess :thumbsup:

cresshead
02-06-2009, 01:09 PM

i ordered thru paypal and i'm in now....

did you use the dropdown on the register page to register hardcore?
...you should get a link sent to your email account etc...

cresshead
02-06-2009, 01:10 PM

Ok, so, here's what i did... (after I had paid for CORE and got the purchase invoice e-mail)

3. Enter Membership No. (which confused me...it's the license key...it's on your purchase email)
4. Enter your Forum ID.
5. Click Register.

I got my email about processing my entry into HardCORE forums...awaiting results...:)

yeah that sound right...just hang on then till your enabled...btw i didn't get any 'your live' email...just keep checking via the link they gave you...

Riff_Masteroff
02-06-2009, 01:11 PM
thanks rkpdesign,

Your method worked just fine. No thanks to Jim Plant and NewTek for neglecting to provide this info.

The auto-return email reads as follows:

ongratulations. You are now a member of the HardCORE
community. Using your Forum I.D. you will have access to the
special HardCORE forums where you may communicate with others in
HardCORE ncluding the NewTek development team. Over time, you will also find new
software builds, training materials, technology updates and much, much more.

It will take a short time to get your account activated, you will

Welcome to HardCORE.

anim8r
02-06-2009, 01:15 PM
Just in case it hasn't been said...

Be sure to check your spam boxes since the sender of the email had the word "HARDCORE" in it :lol:

That's where I found my notifications.

rkpdesign
02-06-2009, 01:44 PM
thanks rkpdesign,

Your method worked just fine. No thanks to Jim Plant and NewTek for neglecting to provide this info.

The auto-return email reads as follows:

ongratulations. You are now a member of the HardCORE
community. Using your Forum I.D. you will have access to the
special HardCORE forums where you may communicate with others in
HardCORE ncluding the NewTek development team. Over time, you will also find new
software builds, training materials, technology updates and much, much more.

It will take a short time to get your account activated, you will

Welcome to HardCORE.

Hey All, np, glad to help!!!

We are all in this together...it sounds like mix-up between marketing and sales. Will send an email to NT explaining that too. Doubt I will be the first.:D

I'm pleased with everything NT has shown about CORE...excited to get my hands on it too...

Alliante
02-06-2009, 01:48 PM
So far I have received an email labeled 'New Order Alert'. It says they have received my payment and the email provides a license key. No other useful information.

So far it is not possible for me to register using 'hardcore' button at register.newtek.

So my question is: What now??? Should I simply be patient and wait? How will access instructions become available?

Open your recepit/confirmation email (about 3/4 the way down)
Copy the "License Key(s):" number
go to http://register.newtek.com
select "Lightwave 3D HardCORE" under Registration
Put your "License Key(s):" number in the "Membership No:" and your forum name in there
Press Register
Wait

Good luck :)

EDIT: Ack, nevermind.... I should have read through the rest of the thread :(

Earl
02-06-2009, 02:03 PM

Jim Plant
President & CEO
NewTek, Inc.
Awesome, I had hoped we would get to hear about what clues were real and which ones we missed. That sounds great! Can't wait to get access.

On the t-shirt thing... do we get to specify size?

COBRASoft
02-06-2009, 02:04 PM
i ordered thru paypal and i'm in now....

did you use the dropdown on the register page to register hardcore?
...you should get a link sent to your email account etc...

I know that. I got a mail from NewTek titled 'New Order Alert' which seems fine, except the license number is missing :(
I told NT about it yesterday and was hoping for some good news today, but nothing (yet).

Alliante
02-06-2009, 02:06 PM
On the t-shirt thing... do we get to specify size?

:agree: :beerchug:

rkpdesign
02-06-2009, 02:16 PM

4. Enter your Forum ID.
5. Click Register.

I know that. I got a mail from NewTek titled 'New Order Alert' which seems fine, except the license number is missing :(
I told NT about it yesterday and was hoping for some good news today, but nothing (yet).

COBRASoft check out above....

COBRASoft
02-06-2009, 02:28 PM
COBRASoft check out above....

As said before, there is really NO license number in my email, nothing, nada, null, zero :cry:

creacon
02-12-2009, 02:45 PM
Must be the country you're in, I have the same problem.
Although I understand that Newtek has a lot of orders to work through, I don't understand how I can order a workstation in the US and have next day delivery, and they can't generate a serial number in 5 times the time.

I received the message"hopefully by the end of the week"

creacon

As said before, there is really NO license number in my email, nothing, nada, null, zero :cry:

dgrigo
02-12-2009, 09:27 PM
Although I understand that Newtek has a lot of orders to work through, I don't understand how I can order a workstation in the US and have next day delivery, and they can't generate a serial number in 5 times the time.

creacon

I am on the waiting too, got the email with No serial.. hope it will get fixed as you say, its already end of the week...i wonder why takes so much time.

geothefaust
02-12-2009, 09:28 PM
Who knows, but you're missing nothing. Be patient. :)

COBRASoft
02-13-2009, 11:35 AM

creacon

What workstation do you order in the US? I'm about to buy myself a new workstation too, but I have no clue which one yet :)

dnch
04-06-2009, 08:04 AM
damn, i followed the instructions
newtek registration system > lw hardcore > register > entered my serial number, and get this message:
The membership number entered was not found. If you feel you have received this message in error, please to re-enter your code, or contact Customer Service at 1-800-862-7837

tried Serial No, Lock ID,License Key with the same result:(